“Redefining Kitsch - Great location, miniature rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Vittoria

Hotel Vittoria
Ranked #196 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Oslo
“Redefining Kitsch - Great location, miniature rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

Hotel Vittoria just redefined the meaning of kitsch. Bold glam, flowers, floor carpets and maximalistic design is the key word here. Kind of cool, even though it is a lot. If the rooms were bigger and we actually had hot water our first day I would have recommended it, but the fact that the rooms were too small to open your suitcase just isn't good enough. On the plus side it is quite cheap, but still too expensive for what you actually get. It is located in a central part of Milan. The tram departs a couple of minutes from the hotel and you can easily move from around the city. The hotel staff was kind and helpful. And yes the breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
vittoriahotel, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, 28 September 2010
Dear Marthes, thank you for your comment.

It is not so easy to give you a reply about the design of our Hotel since it dipends on somebody's personal taste; anyway we thank you for the opportunity to look to our Hotel by another point of view.

Regarding the room, we would remind you that our hotel has 3 different categories of rooms :standard, superior and executive to meet all expectations. The rooms are different from the kind of furniture, fabrics, size and services. Common to all is our buffet breakfast, the mini-bar, the opportunity to use inernet cable and wi-fi while sipping a drink in our tea room. For a few euros you can choose the most appropriate solution for you.

If you would onorate us to have you as our costumer again, we will give you the best ''second first impression''.

Customer Satisfaction Dpt.
Hotel Vittoria Milano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

when I stayed there I got a room for 65 euro a night and for milan that is dirt cheap,it was clean,staff were nice ,location was very good and average at the same time very good because it was so close to linate airport also it was about 5min walk to il salvegente a great stock house in milan so if you like shopping great loc if not then just average, the rooms were clean but small , no views out your room window but its milan there are no great views, i would recommend this hotel to you its cheap save your money for clothes and better cites but dont forget to get a panzerotti from luini its the best thing in the city

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2010

We had originally booked into Hotel Vittoria for 5 nights but due to unforseen circumstances we could stay for 3 nights only.
We emailed the hotel to advise them that we would arrive on the Friday as opposed to the Wednesday and we received a reply within 24 hours to say that the hotel had amended our reservation etc etc.
So we arrived early on the Friday morning and had no problems checking in, we even had a porter take our bags to our room! Novelty!!
The room we were given was small but furnished fabulously. It was full of ornate, Louis XVI-esque furniture so for me it was like heaven. The bathroom was spotless and a good size. The tv only had Italian channels but that was fine. The bed was made every day for us and the room was cleaned to a high standard.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and keen to offer us assitance. Unfortunately we didn't sample the breakfast as we ate out mostly.
The only thing I would advise people about is the 4* rating. Hotels on the continent of Europe are awarded stars for the amenities and facilites that they provide as opposed to the cleanliness of the hotel. If your room has a hairdryer, mini-bar, ensuite, tv, radio, telephone, shaver etc but is dusty and unhoovered it may well be a 4* hotel. Whereas a spotless hotel that offers a hairdryer and kettle may only be 2*.
I would recommend Hotel Vittoria to anyone travelling in Milan.

• Stayed September 2009
Morristown,NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

I booked the Vittoria both for the price and for the fact that you can check in at any time, which was a real plus when your plane arrives at 7:00 a.m. The staff was welcoming and helpful. My room was the smallest room I have ever stayed in! It was very clean and obviously recently renovated, but it was tiny! To boot, it was a single room but had a king sized bed that took up most of the room. Fortunately, I had no intention of doing much more than sleeping and showering there. The hotel is just outside of the historical center but easily reached by streetcars and buses. I discovered quite a few good restaurants withing walking distance.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Agadir
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2008

I arrived in the Vittoria Hotel at 11:00 pm at night, as I had adviced I would through the travel agent and as stated in my confirmed reservation receipt, which I showed upon arrival for a quick identification of the reservation number (IRH).

I was told that the reservation had been canceled at a later time
because they seamed to have a problem with the credit card used in guaranty for payment, and that, moreover, they had no more available rooms even in case I would guaranty my payment with another card or even in cash.

The reservation was NOT cancelled/modiffied by myself and no problem at all had really occured with my credit card.

Moreover, I guarantied the same travel agent and that very day my payment for another reservation (IHR) , with exactly the same credit card, which expense limit was above 3.000 euros.

It comes rather obvious, instead, that the hotel had by no means
communicated such cancellation to either the travel agent nor myself, and it is evident that the room was sold out to someone else without any warning. They got the money on hand from the first one arriving, that was all.

We must keep in mind that the reservation was
formally confirmed and, nevertheless, if canceled at a later time (which is, however, not allowed once confirmed), I was
not at all advised to me nor the travel agent in order to gain a minimum reaction capability on my side so as to avoid finding myself without a room reservation in Milan nearly at midnight, which in fact happened.

Thus I found myself taking a taxi at 12 at night in Milan, towards a
hotel 2 kms away from the one I had chosen precisely because its location convenience, and furthermore, the new hotel they found for me was a 3 star hotel which didn't at all match my standards, let's say.

Bearing all this in mind, I believe that there is no possible doubt that Hotel Vittoria incurred in professional services misconduct and failure to comply with Reservation rules and standards

I was denied the possibility of rising a formal claim according to EU Council Directives.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveller77346
vittoriahotel, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Dear Traveller77346,

We would like to thank you for letting us know your experience. Every single point of view increases our professionality.

We are very sorry for what happened. I can immagine it wasn't pleasent for you to come in the Hotel where you wished to stay and you have found out there were no reservation there for you.

We always put the client as first thing we have to care about.

What happend is that we recieved a reservation with an invalid credit card. What we have to do when this happens is to communicate right away to the agency the error and the agency should call the client for a new credit card or the agency itself can guarantee the reservation with its own credit card. Unfortunately, in your case, after we waited 4 days and after 5 different emails, we had no answer from your travel agency so the reservation has been automatically cancelled with a notification (by fax AND e-mail) to the travel agency. This is what happened. We do not want our clients to feel tricked, this is not who we are. It is 30 years that we constantly serve our numerous clients who choose us year after year.

I hope there will be a new opportunity for you to be our guest and, this time, you wont be disappointed.

If you still have doubts or for any further information I will be personally at your disposal.

Customers Satisfaction Dpt.
Hotel Vittoria Milano

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Strasbourg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2007

If you wanan pay 300 Euros for a 9 spm room (bathroom included) : go to Vittoria hotel. Honnestly, I went to many many hotels, but I've never seen this for a 4 stars. How coudl they get 4 stars ? Internet not working, tiny room (quite sufocating), very poor breakfast (hoorible bred and croissant, only coffee is really excellent). They say it's central, well, yes it' in town, but for this price... you've better time going to Ibis Hotel close to this hotel !!! I won't go there anymore, for sure !

• Liked — coffee
  • Disliked — the rest
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
vittoriahotel, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Dear hcoin,

First of all we would like to thank you for your comment and we would like to give you our sincere apologies not to answer you back right after you posted your omment on-line.

The guest is the center of our world and we make everything possible to let you have the perfect stay.

Regarding the size of the room, we would like to underline that we have different types of room: classic, Medium and superior in order to meet all the kind of requests. Our staff is at your disposal 24h on 24h 7 days a week for any problem or information. Thanks to comments like yours we made a lot of improvements (like internet, now free for all the guests).

Regarding the price of the room, it depends on the period you have made the reservation: usually during the ''Fiera Del Mobile'' the prices tend to be higher than in other period.

We have a range of prices that goes from € 65 (for a single room) untill € 300 in period of high demands (always keeping lower prices respect to our compettors).

Once again we thank you for being our costumer and thank you for the opportunity you gave us to enlarge our point of view.

We hope you want to give us a second chance, you will be positively surprised.

Customers Satisfaction Dpt
Hotel Vittoria Milan
Teesside
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2007

This hotel is ok - clean, no complaints about service, although we only stayed for one night and had to leave before breakfast, so they didn't have to do much more than give us he keys. But for the price we paid (for a family room) the rooms - adjoining - were very small indeed. The bathhrooms were tiny in the extreme - unless you like being able to use sink, WC and shower simultaneously. And the location is neither as central nor as exciting as the website suggests.

• Stayed August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
vittoriahotel, Gabriele Perla - Customers Satisfaction Dpt at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, 27 February 2011
Dear onTees,

we would like to thank you for your review and for the time you have spent for us.

Our Hotel is situated in the center of Milan, only 15 minutes walk from the Duomo an near all the bus and tram lines that link us to all the city and near the most famous monuments in Milan and shopping areas.

Regarding the price you paid, we would like to clarify that in high season the prices tend to be higher than the usual; you will find the best prices in Milan for a 4 stars Hotel in a classic atmosphere all the rest of the year.

Thank you again and, I hope, to see you again as our guest here at Hotel Vittoria.

Customers Satisfaction Dpt