“Not all it says it is.”
Review of Club Hotel

Club Hotel
Ranked #261 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Safe didn't work. Receptionist not very helpful. A.C.average. Room and bathroom very clean. Breakfast ample and good. Locational very close to main train station but area in general so so. The receptionist,a man, not willing to help out with anything.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank genaCairo_egypt
There are newer reviews for Club Hotel

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Like most travelers to a major city, you are not going to nor be expected to spend any longer than necessary in the hotel: you only need somewhere clean and safe to rest your head after a hectic day pounding the streets sightseeing. To this end, This place was perfect. It wasn't outrageously priced, it was close enough to the main station so after waking up a little on the late side, you still had less than a ten minute walk to catch your train! It was spotless, everything worked - apart from the internet - and comfy. Breakfast was a bit of a bun-fight as the dining room was a little on the cramped side but hey...it was most convenient for what we needed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2013

The room and bathroom was nice, and got cleaned everyday.
The breakfast was amazing!
But thats about the only good things there is to say about this place. The staff in the reception is very angry and they cant help you with anything. They ruined the whole stay for us..
And also it's a quite expensive hotel, and wifi is not even included, it costs 5€ per person per night!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The hotel location was nice, very close to the central station and some nice restaurants and shops. The room was clean and cosy. The breakfast I didn't enjoy as much, the bread was really hard and the coffee could have been better. Also, every single member of staff was extremely rude. The receiptionist kept making faces and sighing when we spoke to him, also didn't want to give us the invoice at the end of stay. Housekeeping staff are mostly Russian and they keep speaking in that language between themselves while swearing and discussing the visitors, which I found extremely rude, since Milan has a lot of Russian visitors and I could understand them. This hotel needs majour upgrades, the shower drain was blocked, so while I had a shower a lot of water ended up on the floor and the coffee machine in the breakfast room got blocked with milk as well, and staff dealt with these situations in an extremely unprofessional manner, saying that I blocked the shower with my hair, even though I've only used it once, and saying that we pressed the buttons on the coffee machine too many times and that's why it's blocked. Yet again the words like "sorry", "excuse me" and "thank you" seem to be absent from their vocabulary.
We went to Milan to celebrate my birthday and I didn't appreciate this kind of treatment at all.
Also, even the cheapest hostels I've been to in other countries offer free wi-fi, yet this 3* establishment charges 5 euros for 24 hours and the signal isn't even that strong, so a lot of people had to go outside the room to use their devices. Not having a kettle in the room is also a minus.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We've got a newer and nicer room than the other friend's room, which was location at the far end corner. The room has automatic window blinds and even has a balcony to enjoy views of Milan street. Rooms and toilets are rather small.

The lift was not working during one of our 2 days' stay.
Reception guy was rather impatient during our check in.
Other than these two problems, the overall hotel stay was acceptable for the price we paid.

Location: Just 3 minutes walk to the nearest Metro "Sondrio" or by walking towards the other direction for an extra few minutes leads you to Milano Centrale Train station where Milano Metro is within the station itself.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The reception in the morning of April 6, 2013 was so rude to the guest. He acts as the customer is an idiot. Use the bad word to the guest. Never explain anything to guest. I think I get double charge with this hotel coz at first I already paid the room by credit card and I dont understand why when I was checking out I have to pay another 90 europe for accommodation (I was already paid 67 chf for the room) and when I try to ask for the billing explanation that reception never explain anything. I think he actually cheat on us.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank WassaP
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We need to walk in rain pulling our luggage finding this hotel as taxi at Centrale Stazione did not want to send us as the hotel is located few streets away from train station. The check in process took quite sometime. As I stayed in room 310 at level 3 which is at the far corner at the left of the elevator. Upon entering the room the lamps were dim & the blanket looks old in brown color. The wall above the wardrobe with black stains of water leakage too. Initially 1 the toilet lamp bulb blinking when I switched on. Luckily it was ok after 5 minutes. The bed was hard & with only 2 thin pillows on it. The room looks more like a 1 or 2 star hotel. As my partner no longer able to sleep well in this room. We moved on to another hotel even we had paid for 3 nights.
As for Internet we need to pay EURO 5 for 24 hours if I am not mistaken.
The good thing about this hotel is the breakfast buffet with varieties of pastries & breads which the smell spread up to even 3rd floor. As I smell the fragrance of bread & pastries upon opening my room door.
Will not recommend for couples / family though. But it's value for money for budget traveller / transit as the location is good near train & metro.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple