Antares Hotel Accademia
Ranked #29 of 429 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Staff service is really rude. The hotel is easy to reach by car and not that close to downtown.

Restaurant close quite early, so if you are hungry the closest is a pizza place (10min walking).

Their parking lot is small and complicated. Rooms are ok, but would have expect more for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Zairux
Diego B, Direttore at Antares Hotel Accademia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Guest,
it is much to my surprise that I read of a complaint referred to the service provided by the staff.
We have always been receiving touching positive comments for this aspect.
We all try hard to make the Guests feel as well as possible and in the right place.
There are restaurants at 100 meters which means 2 minutes walking. Also we do not have a parking lot but a lock-up garage we provide a valet service for pick up and car delivery for . We only had one Guest of your country in june at special promotional rate for a really fine double room. These few aspects makes me think/hope that it is possible, referring to a stay in june 2013, that you are mixing up the hotels you stayed in.
If not, accept my apologizes for the lack of professionality you felt we provided, assuring you that it is definetely something we have never been charged for.
Best regards

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was a solo traveller for a conference at the Milan Congress Centre (MiCo), and stayed in room 104. The room was great, enough space for one person, bed (double) was good, bathroom was nice, and there was a safe in the room. Hotel staff were sufficiently friendly and answered my questions; would always greet you as you walked in so that was nice. Breakfast was really good, hot and cold selections. Wifi was included in the price.

Location wasn't the best for the purpose of tourist attractions, but still OK. My purpose was obviously business so I spent the 7 days in Milan at MiCo. This was a 30 min walk from the hotel, so it wasn't particularly close, but certainly not the farthest. The hotel is located opposite a tram stop which takes you right into the city centre (Tram 14, Duomo ~20mins), so that was really great, but not much along the hotel's street itself. For these reasons I give the hotel 3 stars, but I would give the actual quality of the hotel/rooms 4 stars.

Just a heads up also, I was there the last week of August (2013), and Milan is dead. Literally, businesses are closed down for their summer holiday. I was really disappointed in that, but nonetheless, a city full of history worth seeing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MooCow7
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were looking for a hotel close to the Milan Fair, since we were attending a conference. The hotel is easily reachable by public transport from Milano mainstation. Staff was friendly and very helpful in all aspects. The room was relatively big with a nice bathroom and very clean.
The breakfast room is not as usual on the groundfloor but on the top floor where a big buffet breakfast is served. We had a room towards the mainstreet which was not very noisy since the windows are soundproof. The room was equipped with airconditioning.
The decoration of the hotel is somehow a mixture of very different styles and taste but didn't diminuish the quality of the stay. I would certainly chose that hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I booked this hotel for a weekend in Milan to see a concert there.
From the airport it is relatively easy to get to, as there is a tram stop right outside. The tram in question can take you in and out of the city centre, right to the Sforza Castle - or, if you choose, you can walk that distance and you'll pass through the lovely Parco Sempione.
The hotel itself was nice inside, our room and bathroom were very clean. The dining room for breakfast was lovely and the breakfast itself a good buffet with a lot to choose from.
There is also a small gym on the top floor with a few exercise machines.
I addition the staff were very friendly and always extremely helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roland_dB
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We booked a three bed room the location was very good we drove to Milan so we had to be outside of the ZTL zone. Tram will take you right where you need to go about 20 minutes right to downtown. The hotel and room were excellent the bathroom, super clean. Breakfast had everything you want to eat I don't get it when people complain about breakfast was ok what else you guys want? They had egg,cheese,cold cuts, fruits, juices,.....
But the coffee was horrible if you are having breakfast make sure you ask for a latte waaaay better. Also you can have your break fast brought down to your room no charge. We had salad and fruit salad from the room service and it was good and huge.the only thing was the WiFi not the best WiFi and we were on the second floor.
Overall happy with our stay if I go back and have a car I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Ordered on hotelclub.com because it looked Like it was really good! and maybe it had been some years ago! It was a helpful staff and nice people working here! Mold in the shower, sticky dirty floors, running toilet, no hot water, so we had to shower in cold water, legionella in the water.. And to much clorine, Tried the restaurant with sour whine, the bread was so hard, that you could could have knocked someone down with it, watery tagliatelle with no salt and pepper, boiled pork with something looking like puke on the plate with cold watery spinach, it was uneatable... We did not have to pay for the pork and the wine.. And the waiter was very nice! but it was not wery easy to find other places near by after nine in the evning! But ended up with a pizza some blocks away! Yeas, we might have gotten a different room if we would have compleined on the room, but After a twelv hour drive, late in the evning, and just staying one night, when we just wanted some good food a glas of good whine, a shower and a good night sleep you just don't want to move rooms after a hell of a night!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel was booked by a third party's travel agency and I stayed there 3 nights.
It is "classic" or maybe just old fashioned.
I checked in late and had the last available room.
This proved to be quite small, with a minuscule shower cubicle and - worst of all - at the front of the hotel which sits on a busy road.
I could not sleep for the noise of traffic: even at the dead of night the few vehicles seemed to roar away from the traffic lights.
In the morning I informed the receptionist that I had a very poor night's sleep on the account of the traffic.
His response was not the best: "the traffic is not my fault". This was the only glitch in terms of staff courtesy; at all other times they were extremely helpful.
I transferred to a quieter room (with a decent sized shower cubicle). It was still noisy but not unbearably so.
Now the catering. The hotel boasts a restaurant on the top floor but this is only used to serve breakfast.
A windowless basement room with a few tables and chairs has been converted into a dining room. I dined there on my first night: the menu was very restricted but the food was OK and the service charming.
I presume that it is uneconomical for the hotel to open the proper restaurant in the evenings but they feel the need to provide dining facilities, perhaps to maintain their (over rated) 4 star ranking.
This basement doubles up as the hotel's bar. It is not the same or as comfortable as a lobby bar where you can meet friends and associates. If you ask, though, the hotel will bring drinks and snacks to the lobby.
Finally, the coffee at breakfast: it is disgusting, awful, terrible. It is a crime that an Italian hotel should serve such a fowl brew, in the country that invented proper coffee.
The coffee is so bad that my cursor is hovering over a mere two blob rating.
Tea is not an option: what passes for hot water is too cold to brew tea.
Enjoy the orange juice...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Diego B, Direttore generale at Antares Hotel Accademia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry that you had a room that you feel small, our rooms are all the same size on average.
Being in Milan, it can happen that some of these and opening on the road and certainly my colleague has spoken bad but he just wanted to emphasize the inevitability of hearing the noise of the traffic in a big City such as Milan. We all rooms with double glazed windows, but sometimes it may not be enough.
with regard to the restaurant, I am very sorry, but this is only a small wine bar, a kind of cellar with a small menu, which only serves to meet the most urgent needs of our customers. I'm glad you well evaluate the service and the food.
To dine in a restaurant with calm, we always recommend some good choices here near us.
Too bad for breakfast, like many of our guests, but I understand that the personal tastes can not be faulted.
Hope to see you here soon, we will make special coffee!
thanks