“Receptionist asked me to stay in blackout room!”

Hotel Dei Cavalieri
Ranked #103 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Dear all,

As for the title, i checked in this hotel last night 10PM (8 July 2014) and when i went into the room (210) there was a problem in this room (blackout), only the entrance light was working. So i called to the reception and the lady picked up my call, i told her that light is not working in my room.

And This is the shocking part, instead of TRYING TO FIX A PROBLEM OR CHANGING THE ROOM FOR ME she said that

" CAN U BE PATIENT AND STAY THERE WITHOUT THE LIGHT FOR A NIGHT AND TOMORROW I WILL ASK TECHNICIAN TO COME AND FIX"

I couldn't believe that, not even an apology from the hotel? I was so tired from a long flight and now i must have this non sense?

I told her , u expect me to stay in the blackout room and how can i shower or even unpack my luggage unless u give me new room?

So finally after a while, she a gave me a new room but my trust and impression to this hotel are already damaged so it was a big mistake for me to stay here.

I hope all readers will avoid this hotel.

Thank you for reading.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank pobchai j

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in Feb this year, hotel is perfect location for Central Milan. Room was ok, small for three people but ok for short stay. Nice hotel bar with lovely cocktails and complimentary nibbles. Plenty restaurants nearby and only couple of blocks from main square. Def return.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here last year for 2 nights and nothing could of been better. Beautiful newly renovated hotel with rooftop bar/restaurant. Door chick was very good looking and was very helpful with assisting us to our room. Hotel is located 3-5 minutes walk from the Piazza Del Duomo and is a well respected price. Breakfast was included and could not complain with the quality/service we had. I'm heading back this year and this is the only place I would recommend to stay in the heart of Milan

Room Tip: Deluxe room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014

the hotel is located at a great location, right next to Duomo square. the view across the street is fabolous. the staff is very caring and understanding. i got a day tour arranged right from the reception. the higher you stay in this hotel, the better view you will get. the rooms are very neat and clean. room service is very good. the breakfast has a delicious variety.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors to get a better street view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tyme-Traveler-2020
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Just arrived. The room I was given was extremely small and I had the feeling that the tram was camping towards me ! It is located on a very busy junction!. . . I asked for another room which very kindly gave me. It's a bit bigger and less noisy - but still noisy. I asked for a duvet and they brought me a broken and dirty one without cover sheet. The second one had a cover sheet but it had also stamps on it !finally I have a new and clean ! I have another 3 days left to stay here. God help me!
I also informed the receptionist about all these and I asked for the manager to be informed as well.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MerakiB
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is very well located 2 minutes walking to El Duomo. Our room was modern, fit for 4, and had excellent coffee machine. Breakfast was included in my reservation and had lots of choices. Stayed 2 nights and did not find much wrong. Parking (we were on a road trip) was 2 blocks away and expensive, but that was expected. My only complaint came when we decided to dine on their "Roof Garden" on the 10th floor; after waiting for 30 minutes for sitting (and the place was busy, but not that busy) they sat us, brought us water and left us waiting for another 39 minutes even when I told the waiter we were ready to order. We left and found a very nice (and extremely expensive) restaurant 2 blocks away. That event notwithstanding, I would recommend the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Hotel Dei Cavalieri is located just three blocks from the Piazza del Duomo in Milan. We stayed at the hotel for three nights at the beginning of the trip. Our room, room 601, while clean, was very nondescript. There was no rug, the bathroom was small, and the view was just of the building across the way.

However, on our last night in Italy, we stayed at the Dei Cavalieri again before flying home. This time, we were placed in room 804, which is on the front side of the hotel. Room 804 felt as if it was twice as big, had a sofa (which pulled out for our son) in the sitting area and our two beds. The bathroom was really spacious and the room was nicely carpeted. The room made such a difference. I wish we'd asked for a different room during our first visit to Milan, but honestly, we didn't know such nice rooms existed in the hotel until we saw it for ourselves. The only problem with room 804 was that the trams run outside all night, so a high floor is really better than a low floor at this hotel.

Overall, we really liked the hotel. The staff was very helpful. I needed a doctor during our stay. The staff arranged for the doctor for me and helped me navigate my new Italian SIM card for my cell phone. Breakfast was the best of all the hotels we stayed in while in Italy.

We loved the location of the hotel. We were able to quickly walk to the Duomo, which is incredible. The hotel is also near a nice shopping street, just a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor. Room 804 was great. We had three people in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family