“One of my favorite hostels!!”
Review of Ostello Bello

Ostello Bello
Ranked #2 of 274 Speciality Lodging in Milan
New York City, New York
“One of my favorite hostels!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I love this hostel. The rooms are pretty standard. What makes it great is the ambiance, location, and staff. 1) The hostel has a pretty popular bar that's so convenient for people staying at the hostel. There was live music, great drinks, and a nice crowd. 2) down the street from the duomo, what more could you ask for? 3) the staff went out of their way a couple times to help me out and even managed to get me tickets to see The Last Supper a week after I stayed there. Definitely recommend!

Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here in May with my daughter for two nights, it was great, we had a private room with ensuite, welcome drink breakfast and dinner were included which made for good value. Spotlessly clean, central location, quiet, comfortable beds, free wifi made for a perfect stay in Milan.
Hostels have come a long way since I last stay many years ago.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It had been many years since I'd stayed in a hostel, but this was superb. From the welcome drink, to the complimentary breakfast and even apperitivo in the evening, it was a great experience. Pal so within short walking distance of many nice restaurants. Comfortable bedrooms and bathrooms. Minutes from Duomo and loads of shopping (window shopping for me). it was a really great experience and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Firstly the location is fantastic! It's easy to find & very close to the Duomo..

It was my first solo trip and was quite nervous but as soon as I stepped into the hostel I felt welcome! the staff are friendly and as I was checking in asked if I needed anything extra. They also gave a welcome drink which was lovely and showed me my bunk & around the hostel. They also have free maps at reception.

The bar/common area is a great way to meet new people and while I was staying there they even had a great little jazz band playing. The common area also has lots of facilities like table football, guitars & board games and this helps with the social atmosphere.

I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and it was roomy and very, very clean! even the bathrooms too - it felt like a home from home really with how clean it was. Also the room was quiet and you couldnt hear any noise from downstairs (I was on the 1st floor)

They also provided a free breakfast & evening food (nibbles) you could have as much as you wanted which was good. I didn't really look at the evening food but at breakfast they had a wide range of drinks and had usual breakfast food (cereals, toast & spreads)

Adding onto the extra kindness of staff - in the morning of me checking out I had a bit of a panic as I had stupidly lost my boarding pass, I explained this to a member of staff and he was kind enough to print it out saving me having to pay the ryanair fees! I just thought that it was really kind and never did get to thank them :) (So thank you if any staff members read this)

Can't fault this hostel at all, would 100% stay here again! :) Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Enschede, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hostel is located 15 minutes by foot from the Duomo, so the location is really perfect. The staff is very friendly and the facilities are really amazing. There is a bar in the first floor where the breakfast and dinner are served every day ( both of them are included with the rent of a room), the food they offer is very good and varied for both breakfast and dinner.

There are several terraces on the different floors and there is also a kitchen on the third floor in case you want to cook something (they even offer some snacks in here). Then in the basement they have another room with tv's, sofas, table football, pingpong, guitars and some other recreations.

I highly recommend to anyone travelling to Milan to stay here, the price may seem a little bit higher than for other hostels but you save 2 meals per day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We got in to Milan's Malpensa airport at 11 pm and so by the time we got into the Milano Central train station, everything was closed. We opted to take an unmarked taxi ( use your judgement )
our driver was an elderly man who, even though using his trusty GPS got lost. All this to say that we FINALLY arrived at the hostel about 1 am,exhausted. As we walked up to the hostels entrance there was a group of VERY friendly people ( turns out one of the owners had been having a prenuptial celebration) who greeted us warmly. We walk in and more friendly greetings...met one of the other owners who helped with checking in. The staff is over the top accommodating. I had booked a 6- bed mixed dorm room for myself, daughter 23 and son 18. When we got to the room the other 3 beds were filled and so we had to really try to be as quiet as possible. It is evident that the designers of Ostello Bello put a lot of thought into what makes for a great accommodation and a relaxing, clean,fun space.
There are lockers under each bunk bed, and cup holders attached to each bed frame to hold your water bottle...like I said, a lot of thought put into design. Bathroom was very spacious, again, little details...maybe because Im older I noticed all these things lol.
My ONLY dislike was the firmness of the mattress, but a softer mattress is my personal preference. My daughter thought it was just fine.
Breakfast was good. We were allowed to leave our bags at the hostel after check out which was much appreciated.
Distance to Il Duomo was really good.
I HIGHLY recommend Ostello Bello!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bangalore, India
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hostel in the centre of Milan. One of the best I've stayed till date. Closer to Duomo, great facilities, friendly staff and very clean. Free breakfast and aperitivo (evening food) provided as part of the package. Highly recommended for those who enjoy staying in hostels :)