“Outstanding staff, very helpful and friendly”
Review of Hotel Sanpi Milano

Hotel Sanpi Milano
Ranked #41 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed two nights after touring throughout Europe and had an enjoyable visit. The staff were excellent. They were helpful and accommodated us with a very late check out. Room was clean and tidy and there were English speaking movies on digital tv! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was only in Milan for 24 hours, and in a meeting for most of that. But, my room was spacious and the bed felt good after a long transatlantic flight! I had about 2 hours before I had to leave for the airport, so I took a walk to the Duomo - it was an easy 20-25 minutes away on foot. One note - I was given Room 121 (an upgrade from what my travel agent booked, which was appreciated), which is on the first floor and directly next to reception. It was quite noisy whenever I was in the room, so I may have been bothered if a longer stay / if jet lag wasn't a factor.

Room Tip: Room 121 is noisy
Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
troisi, Direttore at Hotel Sanpi Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Mrs Aimella from Philadelpia ,

Thank you so much for your stay in our hotel Sanpi in Milan last week from January 23 to January 24 for 1 day , in general you comment was good , “Overall a good stay” however it seems that room 121 for you was quite noisy.

I’m really apologize for that , normally room 121 is a deluxe room well appreciated by all our return clients who normally pay extra charge for room 121. This room is a deluxe room with a large marble bathroom with Jacuzzi bath tub and window , the room is 35 sqm large with unique antique original thinks like a fire place and more , like two windows on the main façade.
The street is very small and honestly speaking not very load , however I can image that if a guest is normally leaving in a villa in a forest may found our room 121 noise.

Please also consider that your check in was done on January 23 early morning after a long fly , we have up-grade you in a deluxe room 121 for many reason the main one is that you had a long fly and on arrival you were so kind with us , we offer you a breakfast and immediate check in into the first room ready 121 already at 9.30 am.

As you can easily see from our web site we have all rooms different each other many are overlooking on a pretty garden , some with balcony some not , we think we are able to give a different room for each different client , please be so kind to try again our hotel and fill free to talk with me and my team we will be glad to assist you any time.

Our location is down town only 200 meters far from main shopping street in Europe corso Buenos Aires , Scala and Duomo can easily reach by walk in 10-15 minutes.
Looking forward to see you soon again , I wish you a nice day.

Mauro Troisi
general manager

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My mother and I selected this hotel in Milan for a vacation visit.
First floor room with 2 single beds, facing the street.
The beds are GREAT! The room was clean and well prepared. The bathroom is a bit out-dated but still quite good.
While the room is a bit small, the tall ceilings in the rooms take out that claustrophobic feeling.
The location is 5 mins in taxi from Milano Centrale so it's perfect for transfers to airport, etc.
The staff is super friendly and helpful! They brought us an electric kettle so we can make our own tea inside the room immediately upon request.
It's reasonably quiet and relaxing even with a street-facing room as the hotel isn't on a main busy street.
This is my first night here and I can say I'd book here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank missanya
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Amazing in terms of service, location, room size & amenities. Billed as a 'World Hotel' certainly deserving of this title - exactly as described making for a pleasant surprise. Extremely helpful staff ensured my three days in Milan were truly unforgettable despite torrents of rain. Delicious breakfast, in house restaurant /bar not to be missed!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are very picturesque.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PKDBendigo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This property serves all guest needs regardless if business or leisure. The rooms are in good shape and spacy. Breakfast is opulent in relation to "breakfast italan style " and the staff is very friendly. Whatever you ask for, there is always someone who helps.
In the summer there is a cosy little patio available to have a coffee or break.
The house is great located in a living aera near the Corso Buenos Aires - best starting point for shopping and the next metro is very close too. Plenty of lovely restaurants are closed by.
Highly recommended!
Eva and Klaus from Frankfurt

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was my first time sleeping in Milan. I choose this hotel for its convenient location near the Milan main train station and I found an hidden jewel in this busy city. Even if I arrived late at night, the receptionist was extremely gentle, he also suggested me to accept an help with my luggage to the room. Everything in this hotel helped me (a woman who lives in an extremely opposite kind of place) to forget I was in a big city: a blue corridor plenty of stars, a light blue room with wood floor (not even carpet!!!), a flowering breakfast room, a small garden facing the inside of the building, the gentle and always smiling staff (at the reception as well as in the breakfast room and in the bar) and general manager (I had the opportunity to know him for some activities related to my job)… I say, this is my first time in an hotel in Milan, but I would come back often now, because I found a place where to savor one of the biggest and important cities in Italy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We had a really warm welcome by lovely staff - they were so helpful and friendly. The room was excellent, bed very comfortable but the piece de resistance was the spa bath! WOW - what a treat after a rainy day wandering around Milan - just what we needed to warm up before heading out to sample the night life. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple