“Great place, shame about the judgemental staff.”

La Locanda del Gatto Rosso
Ranked #155 of 8,139 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$34 - US$56
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Description: cucina tradizionale italiana con pasta pane e dolci fatti in casatraditional Italian cuisine with homemade pasta, bread and cakes
London, United Kingdom
“Great place, shame about the judgemental staff.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I went here for my first meal in Milan, I was greeted by a man who was pushy to get me into the place and then had the cheek to say "1 dish each, you cant share in a place like this", this was before I even had a chance to look at the menu, this was probably said as I am a young looking 21 year old and he wrongly assumed I would not have the money to buy 2 meals. I was ready to leave but stuck by it as my girlfriend wished to stay.

Apart from the first annoying waiter the others seemed fine although it would not kill them to crack a smile. The food was lovely and the restaurant obviously has a great view of the Galleria.

PS: Potato petals are like hot crisps, so if you want fries order the seasoned potatoes.

Visited March 2014

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wettingen, Switzerland
“Excellent Hospitality and Service from Maitre d'Hotel”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

we have been view times in this Restaurant and we experienced always warm reception from the Maitre d'Hotel. He has great ability to connect with people. Great attention to the detail. We enjoyed every minute of his warm service. We enjoyed naturally the food as well. We will go back and hope to see again Maitre d'Hotel, it is always a pleasure.

Sunny greetings from Switzerland, Wettingen
Thomas

• Visited March 2014
manchester
“Top Scran”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

great location. great service. great food. bit pricey, but no complaints at all. felt like a proper italian restaurant

Visited March 2014
Littleton, Colorado
“Staff, food, setting-bellisimo!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We just had lunch after doing the Grand Tour of Milan and seeing many wondrous sites including the Last Supper by da Vinci. We have been in many restaurants on our tour of Europe and this one was definitely one of the best. My husband has spaghetti with salmon and cream sauce, I had cheese ravioli with porcini mushrooms. Of course we also had dessert (dolce) panna cotta with strawberries and my husbands choice of vanilla ice cream with coffee. It would be difficult to rate any part of the dining experience better than the other. The service was attentive and very well done, the setting on the Vittorio Emanuelle II Corridor was grand and beautiful. Then there is the food, fresh pasta, I will never be the same. Wonderful!

• Visited March 2014
Kiev, Ukraine
“Wonderful little italian place”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We went to have lunch here right after visiting Duomo.
The atmosphere is fantastic and the service is impeccable.
Everything we ordered - salads, mullet & artichokes, dessert - turned out superb.
Quite a little gem of a restaurant.

1 Thank Andriy G