“Easy and good for short stay”

Hotel Aosta - Gruppo MiniHotel
Ranked #120 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Finland
“Easy and good for short stay”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I usually dont choose hotels near the railway station, but in this case I just needed one night stay and I knew already that there is also metro station so it was really convenient to stay in Hotel Aosta.

I had a decent single room enough space and slept well. My room was in 5th floor so it wasnt noisy even there is a bit of a traffic and construction going on near. Personnel was nice, breakfast normal italian breakfast, good coffee, tea and bread.

I would recommend this if you stay shorter time and want to have easy access to trains and metros.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 August 2013

With an hotel right across the road from Milano centrale station ,you cant go wrong.I was arriving really late in the night by train and the hotel has a check in until 00:00 hours which was very convenient for me.
Look for the exit to Piazza Duca d'Aosta.
The breakfast is not bad: toast,boiled eggs ,cornflakes,croissants ,coffee
Not too much variety but enough for a good start to the day.
The rooms are decent size,Bathroom could be cleaner.Bed is comfortable.
The hotel was fully booked so incase you are travelling in summer book in advance.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Orangeburg
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel is directly across the square from Centrale station in Milan. Very convenient location when arriving/departing by train and also metro access.

The rooms are very comfortable, well-furnished, and spotless. The desk staff was most helpful, particularly when making dinner suggestions. Also they are multi-lingual. Wi Fi access in the room is great!

The hotel is located in a business district, with nearby cafes/restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Being accustomed to daily walks, we were pleased we could walk safely to such sights as the Galleria, La Scala, etc.

Breakfast buffet is very good.

I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura H
greece
Reviewed 27 May 2013

you must pay for wifi
breakfast poor but never mind there are a lot beatiful cheap cafe
i prefer bar di marco with free wifi in via alessandro tadino and boscovich
and next to hotel a turkish cafe with wifi

Room Tip: you must pay for wifi breakfast poor but never mind there are a lot beatiful cheap cafe i prefer...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kopa-56
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here in August 2012, after reading the helpful Tripadvisor reviews on the place we were going to stay, and deciding against it!
It was convenient as we were travelling by train from Venice, and this is just across the road from the main train station. This also allowed us to travel easily during our stay to Como (as we found we didn't much like Milan).
When we arrived, and throughout our stay, the staff were friendly and helpful, giving us tips about where to go.
The rooms were clean and spacious. The only downside was that the wifi was not working at any point during our stay, but this was not a real issue as we were in Italy, so did not spend much time in the hotel anyway!
I would recommend this as a good budget hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I liked this hotel! Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. The furniture is new. The location is in front of the train station. Receptionists are very polite and professional! One receptionist (don't know his name), but he remembered where I'm from, when he has seen my passport and later he gave me shopping guide in my language. I appreciate it! The breakfast is ok, but can be better!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margarita825
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel the night before we flew home as a stop over. Considering we walked in off the street and didnt have a reservation they were more than helpful. Good price considering it is outside the main train station, with buses to the airport outside too, which we caught the next morning 5euros each, which is brilliant! The hotel itself is nice - The receptionist said during the week it is a business hotel, so not very many toursits and they do cater more for businessman. The room itself was very modern and very nice, had everything you need. The breakfast was a bit sad, as in no choice of anything hot, just croissants, yoghurt etc. Still its enough to start you off. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the receptionist spoke excellent english and answered all of our questions about airport, trains buses etc. A good find i'd say!

Room Tip: Make sure you request a non-smoking room as I believe this hotel still has smoking ones!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple