“Moody Reception Staff” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #287 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Zurich Switzerland
“Moody Reception Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

A friend and I traveled to Milan for a long-weekend. I came from Switzerland, she came from London.

The reception was empty and they had nothing to do. They however wanted to keep our passport for the duration of our stay and claimed it was a policy set out by the Italian police and an officer would come by to copy the passports of all guests in the hotel. I knew this to not be true since I had been to Italy several times before this particular trip and had never been met with such a ridiculous concept. I knew they just needed our passport information, and since the reception was free, I asked if I could simply fill out the forms since my passport had gone missing in a French hotel in the past. At this point the staff started yelling and screaming at us and threating to call the police. We already had the room key by this point (it was a smoking room and the windows did not open) so we retired to our rooms. When we asked if we could switch rooms since we had requested a non-smoking room, they said we couldn't because I had used the toilet once.

It was extremely odd to have the reception go from friendly to yelling and screaming at us in under 5 minutes. The man had serious issues and turned red and told us to go back home if Italy wasn't what we expected. (I haven't been back since)

While we were sitting in the lobby in the evening, in the space of 30 minutes, three separate guests came down to complain about leaking roofs and were told there were no other rooms, while new guests that arrived walk-in were told rooms were available (at a considerable markup).

As we were checking out, only then did the reception staff decide to fill out our passport information for the city of milan forms they had on hand. They also incorrectly filled out the information, probably because they could not read the french information in my passport.

If you book ahead of time, the price can be low, but with this kind of service and the hostility we were met with, we felt extremely unsafe.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank CrazyKittyLady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

The only positive side about this hotel is its location. Its just a few minutes from the milan train station.

We had booked a double room with french bed. The room was terribly small and the doors of the rooms didnt give any security feeling at all. The room and the toilet were also smelling badly. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

Location was great, a 5-10 minute walk from central station however this was the only positive. The service was terrible. The staff were both extremely unhelpful and very rude. The breakfast was not good, the yoghurts for example were out of date!

The rooms are very small and dimmly lit, as were the corridors.

Overall value for money was poor, i would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Kumamoto, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

I stayed with my partner 2 nights in a double room at the hotel. It's located in a walking distance from Milan main station.
The room is clean and new, the bed was comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was that the curtain on the window in the bathroom was too thin and I worried that maybe somebody could see through us from outside.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

Despite reading bad review on the hotel, I made bookings for the hotel and my 3 nights stay in the hotel was a pleasant one. The hotel is very clean and the the hotel front desk was exceptionally helpful - thank you Antonio. Although my stay is short I am quite happy with my stay. The location is convenient - giving me good access to the public transport, airport shuttle and also halal food (restaurants). I have no complains about the breakfast served. I will defintely consider this hotel for my next visit in Milan.

• Stayed October 2010
toulouse
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Nice location, only five minutes to the central train station, from wich you can go anywhere in the city.
I made a reservation on internet, just by looking at the photos. I didn't have time to search further, so i booked this one for my only night in Milan. The hotel is easy to find, and has a quite modern design. However the corridors and rooms are very dark, and at first i was a bit surprise. My room was a simple room but they gave me a triple because I came in here late.
I am not such a maniac, but for a 3 star hotel, they could have done an effort: it was simply dirty. Floor and beds were ok, but the bathroom...scale, limestone, holes in the walls, broken shower-head, traces of urine on the toilet seat...the worst being the soap dish. I almost didn't take a shower because i was disgusted...
Another detail, but i was up all night because of the mosquitos...killed 4, missed some. I couldn't even close the shutter because it was broken.
Well, it was only 40€ the night.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank broutilde
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

I cancelled, and they charged me for the entire booking period when they are only allowed to charge me for one day. Im still waiting for the refund.

Stayed July 2010, travelled solo