“reasonable”

Ranked #265 of 428 Hotels in Milan
UAE
“reasonable”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

A last minute booking led us to this hotel. It's near the train station - only a 2 or 3 minute walk. The hotel has a lift and a nice bar. The rom was spacious with a big window, good lighting and a decent tv with a good range of channels. The bed was a bit uncomfortable - too hard for my liking. The bathroom was decent with a nice warm, powerful shower. The wifi in the room was unbelievably slow and we gave up on it after gmail took nearly 10 minutes to load! Breakfast was included and was a decent offering with a good selection of the usual tea/coffee, orange juice, toast, jam, eggs, cakes, yoghurts, croissants etc. My main complaint about the hotel was that it was showing, and more importantly, smelling it's age. There was a musty smell throughout the hotel which we managed to get out of the room through using the air conditioning and opening the window but it was a litttle unpleasant. I think this hotel was maybe once a grand place but has seen better times although if you can get a low price like we did it can still be a bargain if you're on a low budget.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Zurich
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Due to delay of my train I was placed to Hotel Albert for 1 night, from 27th to 28th of July 2012.

After placing myself I went out 2 meters to the restaurant for dinner and spent there 2 hours.
When I came back I didnt notice nothing special, the door was closed as it was when I left.
I didnt check on my suitcase, because didnt suspect nothing bad.
Back at home I discovered that HALF of my clothes have been stolen!!!!

I didn`t even leave the key at the reception but took it with me.
So there must be for sure people from the hotel!!! -> Because the door was unbroken!

So stay at this hotel Albert if you like being close to the train station and have a clean room, but be prepared that all your valuable stuff will be stolen (even your clothes!) when you leave the room for a couple of minutes. I wouldnt even go showering without taking all your valuable stuff in to the bath room!!!
This is such a mess! I am very disappointed of this hotel, of Milan and of Italy as a whole!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Maria R
perledo, Direttore generale at Albert Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
I was at the hotel that evening with the receptionist only: nobody went to your room and we didn't move from ground floor. Why didn' you call the day after to ask for your desappeared used clothes?
Strange way of Behaviouring! You probably simply forgot your clothes in the cupbord of your previous hotel in Italy. It may happen but is not a good reason to say things that ARE NOT TRUE AT ALL against us. Best regards

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

Leeds
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I booked this hotel for my holidays in Italy as we needed a place close to the railways station and this seemed to do the job. It was perfect. It is about 5 minutes away from the rear entrance and we had a very pleasant stay.

The room was fairly sized and came with air conditioning, which is always a plus especially if you don't have to pay more for it. The bathroom was also of the right size and with all necessary equipment. The staff at the entrance was extremely nice and even offered to store our luggage on our last day as we were leaving later in the afternoon.

Breakfast was good and offered quite a nice range of food (cakes, biscuits and savoury bits).

We ended up paying less than thought and we got a very good deal in the end. Definitely worth a stop if you're looking for a nice hotel close to the station.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
clwyd
Reviewed 11 June 2012

A first class stay in a good location near the station but in its own environment and with excellent staff happy to help.

Un noson da yn Milano!

Well worth the money and with good rooms with all facilities including a safe

Room Tip: No swimming pool but you will enjoy this stay Good selection of restaurants around Rooms with air...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RichardClwyd
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We showed up here around midnight after a train fiasco that left us needing a place to stay in Milan. We thought it was out of our price range since the sign said 200 Euro, but the man at the desk gave us a room for 80, and when he realized we'd be leaving before breakfast, he lowered it to 70. Much appreciated after a long day! Rooms were clean and quiet, extremely close to the train station.

1 Thank CLG_12
Bielefeld, Germany
Reviewed 16 May 2012

The pros: It was inexpensive, breakfast was included, it was literally right next to the train station, the staff was nice, and the room was clean.
The cons: The rooms were really hot (and it's not even summer yet), the internet was terrible, and the beds were kind of hard. Also, breakfast is only served until 9am which is quite early if you're on vacation.
Overall, it was fine for a 3 star hotel and for the price. The location made it worth it to stay there.

Room Tip: Definitely a good choice if you're catching a train or a bus to the airport the next day.
2 Thank Pland3081
Paris
Reviewed 8 May 2012

If you look for a very convenient and cheap hotel well this is it!
3 mins walk from central station ( the main station) where u reach Malpensa airport .
The staff is really helpfull and nice . Rooms clean and not too small. Little terrace to some rooms
I really would recommand it
the breakfast was so so and the WIFI inexistant when u had the chance to get connected. but a pc was available in the lobby

2 Thank frenchdevil