Albert Hotel
US$2,270
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Klima Hotel Milano Fiere(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$121
US$226
US$167
  • Breakfast included
Eco-Hotel La Residenza(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$129
Barcelo Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$79
US$99
US$127
  • Restaurant
All reviewstwo nightsmilan central stationmalpensa airportpleasant stayclean roomstrain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Overall experience was terrible. This is my last night here, and I have hated it so much I am wasting my evening writing a review right now.
The reception staff are useless and unhelpful.
The rooms are cheap and ordinary.
Conveniently located near the station, however with that comes the type of people that loiter around train stations. NOT SAFE AT NIGHT.
They advertise wifi, however this is useless as it doesnt work throughout the whole hotel.

I have nothing nice to say about this hotel other than the clear is a lovely lady.

I notice there are some good reviews on this hotel. I can not believe any normal person would have written them.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
perledo, Direttore at Albert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Dear Sir, I am really so sorry you didn't like your staying at Albert's, but If you had told us, we could have change your accomodation to another better one. In any case I want to punctualize that photos and images you found on the web are exactly what you found here.
It happens sometimes that WI-Fi system has troubles, but you wrote your bad report on Albert Hotel in Albert Hotel so it was working!
Best regards

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We were in Milan overnight and stayed at the Albert because of the location to train station.The reviews I had read before booking were right about the shower- it was very small but the room was clean and comfortable.Milan itself was very dull and the street area was messy because they are doing up the train station.The street had a creepy feeling and I wouldn't be walking around at night.We went around the corner to the bar to have a drink in the afternoon and it was great,they gave us a tray of snacks (cheese and salami and chips) and were very friendly.We had an early dinner there homemade pasta and very reasonable.Best part of Milan. Overall, hotel close to train and cheap enough for overnight stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

A last minute booking led us to this hotel. It's near the train station - only a 2 or 3 minute walk. The hotel has a lift and a nice bar. The rom was spacious with a big window, good lighting and a decent tv with a good range of channels. The bed was a bit uncomfortable - too hard for my liking. The bathroom was decent with a nice warm, powerful shower. The wifi in the room was unbelievably slow and we gave up on it after gmail took nearly 10 minutes to load! Breakfast was included and was a decent offering with a good selection of the usual tea/coffee, orange juice, toast, jam, eggs, cakes, yoghurts, croissants etc. My main complaint about the hotel was that it was showing, and more importantly, smelling it's age. There was a musty smell throughout the hotel which we managed to get out of the room through using the air conditioning and opening the window but it was a litttle unpleasant. I think this hotel was maybe once a grand place but has seen better times although if you can get a low price like we did it can still be a bargain if you're on a low budget.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Due to delay of my train I was placed to Hotel Albert for 1 night, from 27th to 28th of July 2012.

After placing myself I went out 2 meters to the restaurant for dinner and spent there 2 hours.
When I came back I didnt notice nothing special, the door was closed as it was when I left.
I didnt check on my suitcase, because didnt suspect nothing bad.
Back at home I discovered that HALF of my clothes have been stolen!!!!

I didn`t even leave the key at the reception but took it with me.
So there must be for sure people from the hotel!!! -> Because the door was unbroken!

So stay at this hotel Albert if you like being close to the train station and have a clean room, but be prepared that all your valuable stuff will be stolen (even your clothes!) when you leave the room for a couple of minutes. I wouldnt even go showering without taking all your valuable stuff in to the bath room!!!
This is such a mess! I am very disappointed of this hotel, of Milan and of Italy as a whole!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maria R
perledo, Direttore generale at Albert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

I was at the hotel that evening with the receptionist only: nobody went to your room and we didn't move from ground floor. Why didn' you call the day after to ask for your desappeared used clothes?
Strange way of Behaviouring! You probably simply forgot your clothes in the cupbord of your previous hotel in Italy. It may happen but is not a good reason to say things that ARE NOT TRUE AT ALL against us. Best regards

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I booked this hotel for my holidays in Italy as we needed a place close to the railways station and this seemed to do the job. It was perfect. It is about 5 minutes away from the rear entrance and we had a very pleasant stay.

The room was fairly sized and came with air conditioning, which is always a plus especially if you don't have to pay more for it. The bathroom was also of the right size and with all necessary equipment. The staff at the entrance was extremely nice and even offered to store our luggage on our last day as we were leaving later in the afternoon.

Breakfast was good and offered quite a nice range of food (cakes, biscuits and savoury bits).

We ended up paying less than thought and we got a very good deal in the end. Definitely worth a stop if you're looking for a nice hotel close to the station.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple