“Great hotel”
Review of Hotel Star

Hotel Star
Ranked #32 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business and wish that I was staying longer! Great location, fabulous rooms which are very modern, clean and offer free wifi. I ate in the restaurant in the evening and thought both the service and food were excellent. Breakfast was a good buffet selection. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jimvic

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Milan prior to joining a tour that included Venice, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Florence, Assisi and Rome. The location is excellent, near everything I wanted to see and do in Milan. The prices are reasonable for Milan and for the location. The rooms are very clean with a very interesting and pleasing decor. The staff is helpful, the bathroom, although small, is modern and well equipped with plenty of hot water, shampoo, soap, towels etc. The breakfast offerings are excellent and cater to every possible choice. I can safely say, after what I experienced during the rest of my tour, that the breakfast offerings in this hotel were the best I experienced in Italy, especially when it comes to variety! The selections were almost as good as what I had in a London 4 star hotel!. All in all, I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Star and will come back if I am again In Milan.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CASenior14
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Wonderful location but much more than that. Rooms were excellent, singles had balconies, great in Summer! Our twin room had the most fantastic lighting, also electronic shutters to block out light. Breakfast was good, great coffee machine! Location excellent for La Scala, Duomo, shopping, in fact perfect! Now the staff, SO, SO helpful, particularly Maria, nothing was too much trouble, helped with maps, suggestions for restaurants, churches, general sights, booked taxis, everything we asked in fact, always with a smile! Returning to Milano next May, would not think about staying anywhere else. Bravo!

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Poppysue2013
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Recently stayed at hotel Star. Less than 1km from Duomo, 100m from metro, bus and tram stops. Slightly quirky interior which we loved! Great staff, lovely breakfast, good room close to small restaurants and cafés, excellent value for money in the heart of Milano

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank karensheath
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel about a dozen times because it is in a very convenient location for my business travel. The place is always very clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. The restaurant and bar are decent and breakfast is included with the room rate. The rates are reasonable but the rooms are small, even for European standards. Of course, I probably could get a better room if I paid more but I only really need a place to sleep while traveling on business.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GuitarPlayer2006
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Star twice on our recent trip to Italy. The first stay was for 3 nights in a lovely double room on the second floor. We enjoyed the slightly funky animal theme, and stayed in the "leopard cub room". We found the room to be very spacious and modern with a nicely remodelled bath. Breakfast was well done too. We chose the location because it was walking distance from the train station with direct rail service from Malpensa. At the end of our 3 week Italy trip we stayed at the Star again, this time only for one night as we left from Malpensa the next day. Our room on the the third floor was definitely worth only 2 stars...it was MUCH smaller, with two twin beds that were not made up as a double, no remodelled decor and a much smaller and less attractive bath. There was nothing WRONG per se, but it was not what we were expecting, especially since we paid about the same price for both stays.

I would be sure to ask for an updated room when staying here, but would still recommend it for the location and the fact that it is on a very quiet street.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bnelson88
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at the Star Hotel for a couple of nights with a friend. We took the number 73 bus from Linate Airport to San Babila (end of the line) which took around 20-25 minutes. Cost €1.50 each. As we only had small wheelie bags we then walked to the hotel which took around 15 mins. You could also take the metro from San Babila to Cordusio (2 stops). We walked to Piazza del Duomo, then through the Galleria Vittorio Emanuel which leads to La Scala and then the road to the left of La Scala took us to the hotel. There may well be a quicker way as well. We had a very friendly greeting at the Reception, were given a photocopy of a map showing central Milan and the wifi codes. Our room was on the third floor, quite small but very comfortable beds, very clean and great shower. There was plenty of cupboard space and a safe in the wardrobe. Wifi worked in our room as well as in the public areas. Breakfast was good and reception, especially a blonde lady called Maria, were very helpful with any queries.

The location of this hotel could not be better. We were able to walk everywhere ie Duomo, La Scala, Galleria Vittorio Emanuel, Brera District, Santa Maria Grazie to see the Last Supper, Castello Sforzesco, Piazza Carmine, Piazza Mercado etc etc etc. Milan is a very walkable city.

We had a very enjoyable couple of days and I would definitely stay here again and would certainly recommend to others. The only small negative I can think about is that the lift only takes two people - but that did not bother or delay us at all.

Great Hotel - Great Location - Reasonably Priced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends