“Very professional personnel, average comfort”
Review of Lancaster Hotel

Lancaster Hotel
Ranked #20 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Bucharest, Romania
“Very professional personnel, average comfort”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Lancaster hotel is quite close to Milan's dom (20-25 minutes walking). Very professional personnel, 3.5 Euro for 24 hours. Decent breakfest, nice decorated small rooms. I recommend the hotel due to the personnel and value/money ratio.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Holden Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed at the Lancaster for the first time last month. I was in Milan on business and was there about three weeks. The hotel was very comfortable, extremely clean, and quiet. I had a small single room and it was very adequate and big enough for a big bed, good desk space, etc. The staff were very nice, knowledgeable of all the restaurants, bars, shopping areas I needed to find. The bar is comfortable and they'll open it at any time and provide drinks, coffee, snacks, etc. Breakfast was typical of small European hotels, meats, breads, sweets, fruit cups, etc. The location is perfect, walking distance to the Corso Sempione, Arch, tram lines and tons of bars and restaurants in the area. The last night of my stay, my wife joined me and they moved us into a double room, very spacious with separate sitting area, small balcony, etc. I go to Milan frequently and will be staying here regularly in the future. Loved the place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank John M
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My husband travels to Milan for work and I typical tag along. We always stay at Lancaster. The sleeping areas and bathrooms are clean/spacious, and the staff is helpful and professional. Internet is about 3 euro daily if that's something you require. The signal has always been strong for us. Many of the rooms have a nice balcony with a bistro table and chairs overlooking a charming courtyard. It's perfect for having a quiet dinner if you want a break from the restaurants.

We really enjoyed the breakfast. It includes cured meats, hard-boiled eggs, mozzarella balls, tomatoes and and assortment of pastries and fruits. The best part is that it's all complementary!

The hotel is in a semi-residential area next to beautiful Sempione park. You can easily walk to the tourist sites. If you are driving, be aware of the dreaded ZTL zones for nonresidents. The limited traffic zones are intended to keep traffic out of historic, narrow-streeted areas. Luckily the hotel is accessible without passing through these areas, just pay attention to the signs. This only applies to you if you are driving here. Just a block away is a "hip" area with bars and restaurants that specialize in apperitivo (sp?). If you are not familiar with this, it's really popular in Milan. Essentially, you buy one cocktail and then get to eat off of an unlimited snack buffet that includes pastas, breads, sandwiches, meats, and cheeses.

Milan is a fabulous city, probably my favorite large city in Italy. I would highly recommend Lancaster to both business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CortneyY
Lone Tree, Colorado
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We were very pleased with our room at the Lancaster. It had an extra bed for my adult son who was traveling with us. i loved the little balcony off the room. The bathroom was immaculate with a good shower. It also had a nice hardwood floor. They also included a small breakfast buffet that we enjoyed. we would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
hong kong
Reviewed 6 November 2011

In October I took a trip to Milan and London all by myself - a single woman. Many of my friends advised me not to go cos' we heard so many negative things about Italy. I decided to try cos' my friends they neither couldn't afford nor no holidays!! I checked all the hotel reviews in Milan from Trip Advisor and I chose Hotel Lancaster. I stayed there for 3 nights and everything is just like what I had read. They even provided a pair of slippers to wear in the room. It's quite unusual in the European hotels.
For me, there is only one thing that I didn't feel comfortable is: the toilet and the shower are separated. There's only a glass curtain between the room and the shower. I was so afraid that the water might flow everywhere and wet the room carpet. I had to be very careful everytime when I took shower.
Furthermore, I would like to suggest Hotel Lancaster to provide free Wi Fi for their guests cos' charging Euro3.5 for 24 hours is not that much. Why not just free ;-) ?
Anyway, I would definitely stay there again when I visit Milan in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank cliffieHongKong
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I went to Milan for two nights on 2 Nov 2011. Because of delays and an enforced change of plan, I didn't arrive at the hotel until 11:45 and the night receptionist was extremely helpful and efficient. He made me some food and coffee and gave lots of good advice for getting around. (I'd never stayed in that part on Milan before) The hotel is in the Arco Della Pace area about 15 minutes walk from Cadorna station and near the tram stop for 1 and 19 trams. Room and bathroom both very nicely decorated and very comfortable. (Nice touch, nowadays when you can only carry limited liquids in hand baggage, they provide both liquid soap and shower gel/shampoo for you.) Breakfast was plentiful with a good selection of foods, served with freshly made coffee, tea etc. The bill was less than expected too, as I had charged food and drink and the minibar during my stay. All in all a great place to stay. More like a **** than a *** hotel.

Room Tip: Paid for a single but got a double with a huge "letto matrimoniale" bed, It was a back ro...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed in the Lancaster hotel in april with my sister and mother when we visited Milan for a citytrip. We booked a room with 3 beds (one single & one double). The room was very nice, big enough for 3 people. Bathroom was ok, with shower and nice toiletries to use.

The person working at the front desk was so friendly and welcoming, we immediately felt at home. He drew us a map and gave some information to get around Milan, he was very helpful. It is a small hotel, which i like. The hotel is located in a more quiet area, so rooms were silent (there was however some noise in the hallway from guests at night but that's to be expected in a hotel, i think). We even had a little balcony overlooking some neighbouring houses.
Had a good location too, about 15 minute walk to the centre (you can walk through a big park, very nice) and there are trams / busses closeby too. We came from Malpensa airport via Cardorna station which was closeby the hotel (we walked).

Breakfast was great: big selection of fruit, bread, pastries (they were still warm ! The nutella croissants were to die for...), eggs, juices, coffee, cheese,...

Overall we loved our stay at the Lancaster and i would definitely recommend !

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family