“Great Location”

Ranked #37 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Location”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

If you can afford high end shopping this is the place to be, if you can afford to look its even better..lol. Check in was a breeze, the hotel staff was very nice and very helpful when I had a few question concerning my stay. The bellmen had my bags on the cart before I even finished checking in.

The rooms where will appointed, all the amenities you would expect in a 4 star property. Beautiful wood floors and it had a old world feel, with a bit of contemporary added in. The breakfast was excellent, you could eat off of the buffet or order off of the menu, which is a nice touch. The staff was wonderful, no matter who I came in contact with. The hotel is within walking distance of the Milan Cathedral (Duomo) and other major attraction also two major rail lines. The place was very quiet and so was the street its located on. Did not hear any other guest, even thought the hotel was full. I do recommend this hotel to anyone going to Milan.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment.

We hope to welcome you back soon at HM.

Have a great summer!

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
uk
Reviewed 23 May 2013

A very nice small hotel in a great location for the main Duomo area of Milan.
Rooms were nicely furnished and of good quality. Staff helpful and very polite. We were a party of 4 and would all return to this hotel. We did not dine at the hotel as there are too many great reastaurants in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment and for taking the time to share it with all of us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here sometime mid last year. Location for shopping/ food/ sightseeing is ok. Room relatively small, toilet could use a little touch up. Considering the size of rooms in Italy are quite small, i must say the one i stayed in is pretty standard. Balcony was an added value.

Room Tip: Good place to shop. Bed could be more comfortable. Breakfast spread is good.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your comment.

We regret you did not find everything up to your expectation.

The Management.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I thought my 2 nights in Milan would be just so-so, a sort of stopover spot between Paris and the rest of the cities my husband and I planned to visit for our 25th wedding anniversary. I had no expectations and was so pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Hotel Manzoni. We were taken up a hallway decorated in all marble---amazing! Our room was on the small side, but this is to be expected in Europe and us Americans have to realize that space is at a premium when visiting European cities. The room itself was gorgeous! There was luxurious wood panel and parquet hardwood floors. I've never stayed at a hotel with gorgeous hardwood floor before rather than carpet and I really liked the idea.

The bathroom was huge and all in marble. There was a bidet of course and the shower was oversized. We were located on a courtyard so there was no view, but it was quiet which I like since I am a light sleeper. The room felt a bit on the warm side, so we did end up having to open our window. I do not like sleeping when it's too warm. There were no screens so I was somewhat concerned that a bird would fly in, but thankfully, no avian visitors!

We stayed for two nights and were sad to leave. The breakfast is included in the room charge and we were eager to go down and have breakfast each morning in a small, but beautiful room. If you wanted to have your breakfast cooked to order, there was a menu with selections such as fried eggs and bacon or porridge. Otherwise, there was the typical European breakfast buffet that included cold cuts, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, sausage,yogurt and many types of bread items. Believe me, there was no problem finding something you'd like. I do not eat wheat and found many items that I could have each day. The service was more on the formal side, yet very attentive.

We felt very safe in this neighborhood and the concierge gave us a good map of Milan. We set out exploring and realized we were within easy walking distance of the Duomo, Galleria shopping mall,and all the amazing high end retail stores. I am not a shopper, but was totally amazed by the creativity of the store windows. You can tell it's a major occupation in Milan to make the store windows look amazing. Sadly, I cannot afford most of the prices of the high-end stores, but it didn't matter since it was so much fun to just walk and window shop. It did rain one afternoon so we decided to check out the fitness center. I used the treadmill and my husband used the exercise bike. I took photos of the various rooms I was so impressed and wished I had time for a sauna or massage!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna224488
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Guest,

No need to add any extra information.

Thank you very much for your detailed comment.

We look forward to your future stay with us.

Uk
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great location in the middle of the shops, close to the Duomo/Scala and not far from the station if you want to venture to Como... Very small and boutique - had to wait for breakfast as the restaurant is small but not a major problem. Staff always polite and helpful. Exec room quite small but a lovely little balcony over looking the street.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your future stay.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I loved this small hotel! My room was very nice and clean, not very big but spacious enough. Staff at the front desk is very helpful and friendly and the shops of Via Monte Napoleone are in walking distance. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write your personal comment.

We are gald you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I really can't say enough great things about the Hotel Manzoni. I really put a lot of thought into my brief stay in the center of Milan, and shopped many hotels in the area, but I kept coming back and listening to my "little voice", and it said to stay at the Hotel Manzoni. I was right! I discovered that there were many good reasons to be there.

Yes, it is more expensive that the Starhotels Ritz or Rosa Grande, the Una Hotel Cusani, and the hotels around Centrale Stazione, but in the end, it is in the very heart of the Golden Quad, in a safe and high-end neighborhood, close to a Metro stop, and within steps of the historic center of town and great dining. It was also less expensive than the Boscolo, The Gray, Hotel Straf, and of course half the price of the Four Seasons and the Armani & Bulgari Hotels, which were very close by.

I was welcomed warmly upon check-in, and was able to get into my room quite early, as requested, which was a big help, since I had a large suitcase. Perhaps the biggest help was that the front desk manager helped me get some laundry done, even though I missed the daily pick up from the dry cleaners. He truly went the extra mile to be helpful! Grazie!

My room was very nicely appointed. Even the renovated bathroom was very elegant and spacious. The best surprise about the bathroom was the "rain" type shower head. Perfect! The bathroom had a wall-mounted heating unit that made it quite toasty, even too warm, but it was adjustable.

I did have to open the window to my room in order to let some of the heat out, as it was stuffy at times, but that is normal in Europe. Even with the window open, there was very little noise outside in the evening. It was surprisingly quiet to be in the center of town. The bed was also very comfortable.

When it was time to leave, the front desk happily called a taxi and it arrived very quickly.

My only regret about my stay at the Hotel Manzoni is that it wasn't longer. I would return in a heartbeat and would recommend this "secret" spot to anyone who wants to spend time walking & shopping the best of the best in Milan.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KelekeWahine
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment.

We really do not need to add anything more to your description.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully next time we will be able to meet you personally.

The management