Valganna Hotel
US$315
US$262
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
  • Pool
US$162
US$114
Melia.com
  • Restaurant
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$152
Agoda.com
US$106
US$86
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2012

First of all the picture above is not what the hotel lobby looks like at all so do not be fooled by it! I don't know who put this image up but trust me it is not taken in Hotel Valganna.

Good points:
Breakfast is included consisting of cereal, biscuits, ham, cheese, bread, coffee, juice, yogurts and fruit - same everyday.

Clean - my room was clean, sheets, floors and bathroom all fine - top blanket smelt a little but I just didn't use it

Bad points:
A bit too far from the city centre but easy to catch a ten minute train from Bovisa station which is directly over the road from the hotel

Thin walls - be prepared with ear-plugs if you want a good night's rest as the walls are paper thin so you can hear whenever the next room's inhabitants flush the toilet. Also, in our room, we could hear plumbing throughout the night. Very frustrating.

Wifi is only available in the lobby (where the sofas seriously need updating or at least a good scrub) and you have to pay for it approx. 1 euro for 30 mins or 2 euros for an hour etc. Internet is accessible in the rooms but only through a cable connection and again it is not free (as advertised on the website I booked through).

The reception staff, excluding one chap, had the personality of a teaspoon and not particularly friendly. Much like the breakfast staff - again one young girl was nice but don't expect to be blown away with attention and smiles here!

Area isn't great but a lot of Milan is covered in graffiti so this didn't bother me too much.

I stayed here for 4 nights and to be honest I'm still alive so its not that bad but I wouldn't bother staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel?
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SOTC_Vic
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for a few days and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of service despite so so reviews in TripAdvisor and other sites. we were not too fond of neighborhood with all the graffiti and run down look but as we only spent the nights there it was bearable. Stefan, the front desk clerk was particularly helpful..hotel has surprisingly good links to the city center and the airport but could not understand why we had to pay for wifi

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daaride
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was a nice enough hotel, though quite a bit out of the centre. We stayed here to go to a football game at the San Siro and it's not near the Duomo or the football stadium at all (which we knew when we booked). It was easy enough to get into to town though as the Bovisa train station is very close and there are regular trains into the Centralish Cadorna station - probably about a 20 min trip from the hotel to the Duomo as a guide. Hotel was clean but starting to feel a little old and worn down. Good sized twin rooms with everything working. Staff were friendly and helpful and it was a decent price. Would be fine for business travellers I'd say (the train to/from Malpensa airport stops at Bovisa) or if you had reason to be in the Bovisa area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrockStrongo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

So I researched this hotel on the net and looked past the bad reviews as a student travelling to milan I didn't have much money to spend on luxury so decided to stay somewhere cheaper. I was expecting it to be far away and a dump if I'm honest but was pleasently suprised to find out its only two stops on the underground from central great location for price. The staff were very helpfull whatever I needed or wanted they were there to help. Room was very clean and the beds were comfy.. Everything was perfect can't think of any negatives although there isn't many decent restaurants surrounding the hotel a takeaway pizza kebab place I'd recommend opposite the hotel for a cheap quick meal.. Would stay again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank jasminenikita
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This is the worst hotel I ever stayed in. Anyone who claims otherwise (I read the other reviews at this site) is misleading and I bet he's a messenger from the hotel. Don’t believe them.
Look at the pictures I took - there are no flow of water in the shower. The pillows and sheets were smelly. I asked for an iron but they don’t have one for the use of the guests. You can hear everything going outside. The neighborhood is frightening and that is an underestimate. Taking a walk at that neighborhood is at your own risk. There's no decent cafe or restaurant in the area. Downtown transportation is problematic; True that in day time one can take a train from the nearest station (bovisa) but at night it's another story and you need a taxi that costs - 12 - 15 Euros (no traffic). I paid 175us$ per night at this hotel. I read the other reviews and I was misled to believe in them. Don’t make the same mistake. Pay the extra 50$ and find other hotel.

Room Tip: stay a way
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business