“No non-smoking rooms are a no-no in 4-Star Hotel”
Review of Art Hotel Navigli

Art Hotel Navigli
Ranked #75 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I am currently sitting in my room in Art Hotel Navigli and am deeply disappointed by my choice. The location of the hotel is excellent if you're looking for great food and a different area of Milan. Proximity to the metro makes Milan city-touring easy. If you arrive at reception you start realising that this is 4-Star Italian Standard ... (as most hotels in Milan I think - I always discount at least 1 Star vs. other countries in Italy. Now speaking about art ... I cannot see any. The rooms are rather ugly - definitely nothing stylish, etc. and the worst: no non-smoking room as the general manager claims. And this one is so deeply drenched in old smoke that even spraying with their special anti-tobacco spray does not help more than 20 minutes. Room is quite big though - but this can't make up for the bad smell and rather depressing decor (a lot of green and cheap wood furniture). Bathroom is nothing special either. All in all - bad value for money (130 EUR / night).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank busibusiness

Reviewed 29 November 2010

The Art Hotel Navigli is well located in Navigli, which is an interesting area of Milan with canals lined with restaurants and art shops. If you are looking for a central location in Milan then this is not the best choice, although with a Metro station close by and 1 Euro metro tickets, it is simple to get to the central Duomo area.
The superior double rooms are spacious, stylish and very comfortable with large bathrooms, which were very clean.
The breakfast buffet was quite good - decent choice and efficient service.
Check in and check out was quick and easy with the reception staff being efficient, as opposed to overly friendly.
This hotel makes a good value alternative to the expensive centrally located hotels, as it has good transport links close by, and the superior double rooms are excellent.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2010

We stayed here because it was close to NABA where our daughter is currently studying and we were visiting her - not close to much so it is more of a business hotel. Hotel check-in lobby looks like it came out of the 60's and the check-in manager was not the brightest or most helpful person. The room was not bad - unable to set thermostat so we had to have windows up in the rain. Shower door needed maintenance and the floor was linoleum. The breakfast was awesome. I am not recommending this hotel because internet access was not free! I had to pay 17 Euros ($25 US) for 24 hours so I was not happy - especially since this was the second most expensive hotel we stayed in during our 14 night vacation. Even the B&B's give you free WiFi so I was not happy and for this alone I would not recommend this hotel. Not the best for the $$$

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We chose an upmarket hotel as we only had one night. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was very comfortable and spacious and we couldn't fault the service and the buffet breakfast. Our only regret was that it was about 5kms from the centre of the city. The canals make a great backdrop to the many restaurants and cafes.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Stayed for 1 night. Thought it might be pretty decent but was wrong.

Friendly staff on check-in. Room was a bit of a shock as the price was not cheap (£140/night). Linoleum floor, no carpeting. Furniture looked cheap. Freezing and couldn't change air con. Tiny bathroom, cheap toiletries, awful towels. Bed not that comfortable. Room was quite large though.

Breakfast was included but was so busy it wasn't worth it. Had to wait some time to be seated at a table.

I know Milan is expensive and hotels often not great, but for the money I had expected a lot better. Good location though.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I wish I'd read the reviews before I stayed there. My room STANK of smoke, the staff STOLE from me and the manager said he would write his OWN REVIEW on tripadvisor if I wrote something bad. The hotel is DIRTY and MILES from anywhere. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank whatever234
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Everything was terrible, I travel the world over in budget and decent hotels and this was the worst ever. Rude, aggressive, intimidating. Tried to physically threaten me when I made mention of all the problems. Was pleased to get out of there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business