“Lovely surroundings and spa, a few tips”
Review of Chateau Monfort

Chateau Monfort
Ranked #8 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Gorgeous hotel, just worth the money, make sure you use the spa!

Fantastic bed. Nice view of huge church next door in our room.

Smiling helpful staff can recommend some fantastic (but expensive) restaurants within walking distance and in Navigili (take mozzi spray). You can walk to the Duomo in 10 minutes (go up on the roof) along Corso Monfort, get some pizza from Luca's on the way. And from there walk to Brera for antipasti, or Castello Sforzesco and the Parco Sempione for a gelato and a sunbathe (comfy shoes required).

The bar didn't have much atmosphere for us. We loved the breakfast though, and the staff tried to remember what coffee we had ordered from the previous day!

Use the tram for the station, its cheap and much quicker and more comfortable than taxis (we didn't find one driver who knew where the hotel actually was!). There are stops outside the hotel and the tickets can be bought from the news stand. Get the no.9 tram to/from Central Station, validate the ticket on the machine on the tram, the same for Malpensa Express which is 10 euro each way.

A perfect 3-day weekend break.

4  Thank Fitti85

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is a fabulous - really out of the ordinary hotel. It is very pretty and lovely design. We had a twin room that had two massive beds that were really comfortable. Only down side was that our room was on the street level and was very noisy - the bed even shook as the tram went by. The hotel were very accomodating....and moved us after the first night when I didn't sleep much. If you are a light sleeper make sure you ask for a room that isn't on the ground floor. Only other slight quibble is that the shower is over the bath and very difficult to use without getting attached to the shower curtain repeatedly!
The bar serves great drinks in a lovely surrounding...and the restaurant is very good - we ate there both nights because my daughter liked it so much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to avoid tram noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travellinglife
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed at the Chateau Monfort for 10 days while traveling for business in May. Given it was a relatively new hotel I read the trip advisor reviews and thought it would be a good hotel for my trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the attentive service of everyone at the hotel. My colleagues and I even received a bowl of cherries in our rooms the first night!
The rooms were clean, cleverly designed and well appointed: 2 bottles of water gratis each day (one still, one sparkling), the bathroom had a fantastic HUGE rain shower head and lots of counter space, hair dryer, towel warmer, bathrobes and slippers were provided, the bed & pillows were top notch, and they had FREE WIFI throughout the building, something everyone appreciates.
My room was on the 4th floor facing the courtyard so it was quite but well lit with plenty of sunshine during the day. The blackout curtains were a plus, after the first night I slept soundly every night.
All in all I will be going back in July on a return trip to Milan.

However I give it 4 out of 5 b/c of:
A)FOOD: The breakfast is pricey for what they offer, one day all I had was coffee, but they charged me the full rate even though I never touched the buffet. Room service food was WAY too salty, 3 out of the 4 dishes I ordered while I was there were practically inedible: don't order the pasta w/ pesto, risotto milanese, or pasta e cacio.
B) CLOSET: My closet was a separate rolling contraption totally open to the room, with a fridge/ hot water on one side and a tiny open closet on the other. For 10 days of traveling I would have preferred a little larger closet with doors that was not open to the whole room. However after talking to my colleagues it seems each room is designed differently some with real closets, some w/o so I will simply request a different room next time.
C) DESK: as a business traveler I would have preferred a room with a real desk, where I could actually use my laptop at, not a half circle table attached to the wall below the tv. Again, it sounds like other rooms do have a real desk so it just depends on the room you get.
D) OUTLETS: the only outlets (2) were below said "table" in the bedroom, so I had to plug my curling iron in in the bedroom doing my hair there, and not in the bathroom where I would have preferred. The bathroom outlet was for electric razors only.
E) WASHCLOTHS: this is being nit-picky, but for a hotel of this caliber I would have appreciated a traditional "wash cloth" as part of the assortment of bathroom linnens.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The most beautiful hotel I've ever been to. The food is fantastic, and the staff is very helpful. Love this hotel!

1  Thank Litago1980
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Top floor with windows to the sky, a room sized to consume oneself totally. Quirky shades, decor, furniture and bathroom that stirs the creatively curious mind

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Everything is impecable, from service to the food, from the rooms to the good energy!!!! I went to Milan for work and on my free time, spent a lot of it in the hotel!!!! Just perfect!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This hotel does not disappoint at all. We booked an executive suite and it was spacious with it's own balcony. The rooms are appointed lovely and creatively with a lovely cascading waterfall shower....in the room! Yes, the shower was located in the room but it all seemed to work well given the quirkiness of the room. Over all nice location. Skip the breakfast here for 50 euro and opt for the California Bakery down the street or another bakery. Would love to stay here again one day.

Room Tip: Executive suite has a bigger balcony.