“Excellent choice for stay”
Review of Chateau Monfort

Chateau Monfort
Ranked #9 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 23 September 2013

excellent hotel..... the location is better in reality than it appears on the map.
staff were excellent...... someone taking you directly to your room and ensuring it is satisfactory is a really nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed 15 September 2013

A short time in Milan was made so relaxing by the friendly staff and the ambience of Chateau Monfort. From the front entrance, the reception and the restaurant staff they were all there to assist and help in any way they could. The room was beautifully decorated and appointed. The location is central, just a short walk to the Duomo. The restaurant first class and a well appointed gymnasium for a brief workout was really appreciated. I will certainly return when in Milan again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I booked into the Chateau Monfort given the excellent reviews on this website and must say upon checking into this beautiful hotel was positive I would not be disappointed.

I will start with all the many positives of the hotel. The lobby, bar area and restaurant are all simply stunning with live piano music in the bar during the evening (a bit too loud). I had dinner at the hotel restaurant one evening and the food and service could simply have not been better. The front desk, bar and restaurant staff were friendly, attentive and very professional.

But then I must turn to the room itself. I booked into a Superior Room as I was travelling on business with a slightly limited budget. I can only describe this room as dismal, tiny and very cramped. Thank goodness I was travelling on my own as two people would struggle in this room. The layout of the room reminded me of my college dorm room during freshman year - tiny desk with a pull out bench backing onto a closet with no door so that I could see my clothes hanging behind me. The width of the tub/shower was so limited I kept banging into the faucet whilst trying to shower. The only saving grace was I was able to open the door to the balcony onto the street so had fresh air and light coming into the room which made it feel not so suffocating.

Would I stay at the Chateau Monfort again? Certainly not in a Superior Room. My advice would be either reserve a larger more expensive room at the hotel and experience this hotel properly, or find alternative accommodation.

Room Tip: Prepare to spend.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank caitlinuk1
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was the first stop on a trip around Italy. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the pianist in reception was a lovely surprise. We stayed in the Hibiscus suite which was stunning but the only problem was for a hotel of this caliber the bed had two mattresses pushed together which was disappointing. The huge walk in shower was great but would have liked to have had a bath too. The hotel's location is perfect for the Duomo and for the fashion district, which was only a short walk away.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Pros: Hotel is very well located. It's close to the Duomo, shopping and central station. Great decoration, awesome bar, beautiful room. Best breakfast ( food and staff ) I've ever had in my life. The waffles and the fruits were amazing and the servers and cook were very accommodating. Lucca at the front desk was very helpful as well.

Cons: Room policy was not clear... Booked a superior room on a site but got a basic room, had to pay for an upgrade to the room I thought I was supposed to be in to begin with.

Room Tip: Have to eat the waffles!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We ended our 10 day trip in Italy with 2 days in Milan at Chateau Monfort. The hotel was beautifully decorated and the staff extremely helpful. It was the perfect ending to our honeymoon. The location was good and we walked to The Duomo and shopping. The hotel's breakfast bar boasted the best homemade yogurt I have ever had. The only slightly negative was the sound on the first floor echoing off the parquay floor when people walked down the hall. It didn't prevent us from sleeping and it didn't bother me enough to ask for a different room. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great location,very nicely decorated,great breakfast and very good service. Excellent maintained,very clean. We really enjoyed ourselves. Choice really successful. Rooms are very big and comfortable.location is 10 min. Walking distance from Duomo and shopping area.Free WiFi at all areas and rooms.
We recommend. You really get value for your money,although prices are expansive.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends