“Another great stay at Monfort”
Review of Chateau Monfort

Chateau Monfort
Ranked #8 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was our fourth stay at Chateau Monfort since it opened its doors in 2012. It is really nice to still see the same staff from the opening year and be greeted with a smile and friendly service.

We have stayed in various room categories and sizes throughout the years and this time we were in Suite 411.

The room was very big and lovely with a bath, shower, large comfortable bed etc... but there was nothing done extra or special to make sure you know you have a suite or have stayed many times before. We did not get complimentary minibar or fresh fruit or some extraordinary treatment to make us feel special.

Our real and only issue with the rooms as that water pressure in the bath and shower was not very good, regardless of the time of the day and the temperature kept on changing all the time. Not a major drama but as the hotel has only been around for less than three years these issues should not happen.

The rooms are super comfortable, the staff very friendly and the atmosphere very homely. Highly recommended despite slight issues above. See my review from April 2012 for full details.

Room Tip: Higher rooms facing the internal courtyard rather than the tram in the front
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gadir80
Chateau_Monfort, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Sir,

I thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your positive comment and for having chosen again our fairytale hotel foy your staying in Milan.

I thank you also for the note about the water pressure, I can assure you that we are doing our best to make that it does not happen again.

All the staff of Château Monfort and I is already looking forward to welcoming you back!

My warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Chateau Monfort

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I am pleased to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Chateau Monfort. Rooms were about the standard size you would expect from a downtown Italian hotel - so not overly large if you want to compare to a chain-type hotel. When in Europe, the last thing I want however is to be in a Sheraton or Hilton ! My room was beautifully and uniquely decorated and had a balcony facing out into the street. Bed was deliciously comfortable. Room immaculately serviced each day. Nice touches such as sweets on the bed in the evening should not be ignored. Bathroom was large enough (again, by Italian standards) and elegantly outfitted. Good selection of toiletries were provided - although I rarely use in hotels. Breakfast each morning was generous with a large buffet selection of hot food, cold cuts, cheeses, pastries and fruit. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The bar was great and drinks were served with a great selection of tasty Italian nibbles. I ordered a basic pasta as room service one evening which was delicious. Unfortunately appears my order was initially misplaced as I had to call after an hour asking for my meal - which appeared 10 minutes later. This sort of thing does not worry me and as long as the matter is rectified immediately, no harm done! I also had lunch in the restarant one day which was delicious and again, impeccable service from the wait staff. The desk staff were helpful in suggesting great local restaurants and making bookings. It is well located - about a 10-15 minute walk to the Duomo and shopping precinct. I noticed that no one in their comments mentioned that the hotel is located next door to a food shelter for homeless men so the contrast of a 5 star hotel to where people next door are struggling to afford a meal is somewhat confronting. At meal times, there are long queues and a lot of people milling around. The hotel does have a barrier out the front (for want of a better word) which does block people out. It certainly did not bother me in the slightest and I was happy to hand over my currency to some of the men next door before checking out. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay at Chateau Monfort and would certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KirstenMelbourne

Dear Mrs Kirsten,

I thank you for your beautiful feedback.
I'm really glad that you have appreciated our property, the room assigned and the food of our Executive Chef Marco Offidani.

I apologize for the inconvenience occured with the room service and I thank you for that note, it is also important for us to know the negative points in order to improve the quality of our service.

I really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to our fairytale castle.

My kindest regards

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Wonderful hotel. Lovely rooms, spacious and nicely decorated. Large updated bathroom. Very 'fairytail'.
The hotel staffs are fantastic and VERY helpful. Great breakfast. We also had dinner one evening and the food was fantastic.
I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank YVOWW

Dear Sir,

I thank you for your beautiful comment and for having had the time to write such a nice review.

I look forward to welcome you back in our fairytale atmosphere.

My kindest regards

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We spent a perfect weekend in this hotel. Best hotel I ever visited.
Great location, Excellent service. Great room design.
Hotel may be quite expensive for prolonged stay, but for two days - it worth every euro paid,.
can't comment on SPA - we didn't visited it.

Room Tip: Hibiscus room is just a perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander T

Dear Mr Alexander,

I thank you for your beautiful feedback.
I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and I really recommend you to experience our marvelous SPA Amore e Psiche during your next staying at Château Monfort.

I truly hope to welcome you back soon!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with great service from all. Room with canopy bed, very spacious, with large updated bathroom. We had a corner room with a window to one side & balcony to the other. Breakfast was great, and served in their upscale restaurant. We ate lunch as well as dinner there, food was great & nicely presented. It's all you expect from a five star hotel, but the service goes beyond expectation.
In terms of location, you could walk or get on the tram in front of the hotel, but we opted for taxi. Very easy to get around & there are taxi stands at all the sites.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Mrs Dina,

lovely to read your beautiful feedback, thank you so much!

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed and appreciated our fairytale hotel, the service of our staff and the food of our Executive Chef Marco Offidani.

I really hope to welcome you back soon in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I love the decorating of the hotel and it remind me "Alice of wonderland" with lovely pastel color.The location is so close to the main shopping district at domo which I just walk to where I used to shop every time I come to Milan. The hotel staffs are so welcome and always carry smile in their face. The room is very clean and the bed is comfortable. I had standard room and although it's was not a big size, it's quiet roomy.the breakfast experience is very good too. It have fresh juice and multi selection of bread and salami and hams raw meat options so does cheese options. I will come back agin and again.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Mrs Vivinca,

I thank you for your beautiful feedback, it is for me a big pleasure having satisfied your needs and expectation.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon in our fairytale atmosphere!

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is really different! Very "stylish" and well done! Reception friendly and helpful.
One important tip: avoid the ground floor street side rooms: every tram that goes through it's like an earthquake and it runs from early morning! Besides that it's a great hotel!
Well, to be honest the bath/shower is good looking but very impractical!

Room Tip: Not 012!!!! Or others on street side ground floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends