“Great hotel!”
Review of Chateau Monfort

Chateau Monfort
Ranked #9 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We got a upgrade in our arrival. Our room was super amazing. ( I dont know about the others room). It was big, beautiful with a mini sauna inside de bathroom. Staff super qualified. Restaurant is good. Localization is super fine. I will come back for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanainaBuccioli
Marco_Montagnani, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Mrs. Buccioli,

I am really glad you appreciated our property, the upgraded room assigned and the quality of our service.

I thank you for your beautiful comment and I hope to welcome you back soon, in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin, during your next trip to Milan.

Marco Montagnani

Write a ReviewReviews (1,507)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Room on courtyard is quiet and luxurious. Water pressure great, shower excellent, despite earlier reviews. Internet fast and seamless. Bar is special. Breakfast with eggs to your order..full American treatment. Sweet and knowledgable young staff..very helpful for train tix, touring recs. if you can afford splurge, stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas F
Marco_Montagnani, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Thomas,

I am really glad you appreciated our property, the room assigned, our breakfast and the quality of our service.

I thank you for your beautiful comment and I hope to welcome you back, in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin, during your next trip to Milan.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed for a few nights in May. Hotel reception, bar and breakfast/dining room are all tiny......not grand, not sumptuous just tiny and frankly tacky. On arrival viola on the front desk just looked bored as she checked us in she seemed confused about where the room was - she announced at the door that it was her favourite room.....opened the door and said enjoy your stay and walked away! The room was pitch black and boiling so we asked her to wait and show us the room and the aircon....she didn't seem like she had been in her favourite room before!! The bar is just a few tables off reception with the slowest most miserable bar man......we sat for 30 mins before he acknowledged us and there were only 2 other tables. The breakfast is appalling. The eggs take a ridiculous amount of time to come -20-25 mins both mornings......one morning a pancake order arrived as an almost raw omelette, next day fried eggs were cold rubber. The breakfast cooks and the barman must have been trained by the same person. Reception staff are very smiley but clueless about anything you want. The hotel is next door (separated by a small fence) to a very large soup kitchen/homeless shelter.....not exactly what you normally find. The spa (also tiny) you pay e30 to enter and it has a sauna, a steam room that wasn't turned on, a small dip pool and 3 bean bags as a relaxation room.....how can they charge you to enter this? The turndown service at night was a joke - they left wet dirty towels on the sink, they literally took the slippers from under the sink but didn't take the towel. Bins weren't emptied and shower wasn't cleaned either morning. Basically the place is overpriced and with no vibe or quality at all and seems to have a small group of untrained staff doing everything. Would certainly never stay here again....vs all the great 5star hotels with real facilities and real service in better locations in the city....many cheaper than this as well

Room Tip: The front rooms are boiling, aircon didn't really work but opening the windows was too loud to s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gascony

Dear Mr Gascony,

thank you for taking the time to leave your detailed comments and helpful suggestions.

I regret that our services, or part of them, have not completely satisfied your expectations.
I will take all your issues into right consideration and I will do my best with all my staff to improve the critical points you indicated.

Thank you again for this useful feedback that, for sure, it will have a positive impact to improve our daily tasks.

I really hope to have a second chance to welcome you back, in the near future, in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Gorgeous period décor and a feeling of space and relaxation, both in the public areas and our bedroom. The room was quiet and comfortable. The staff are superb, very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Breakfast and dinner were very good; there are several good restaurants in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Chateau_Monfort, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Mr Donald,

I'm very glad to read that you appreciated our property, the room assigned, the quality of the service and the food of our Executive Chef Marco Offidani.

I thank you for your beautiful review and I hope to welcome you back, in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin, during your next trip to Milan.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've been to Milan a few times before for business trips and found the city's big 'central' hotels to be expensive, poor on a service and not that good when it comes to character and facilities.For such a swish city; Milan often disappoints on the hotel front.

A night in Milan has often been a major letdown and the city is crying out for a good Premier Inn that just gives you a big bed, decent bathroom and a bar all at a reasonable price.

But the Montfort, bless it, does buck this dismal trend. It is right in the city of centre and it is has been designed/restored by an archietect so that its original features shine through. The staff are immensely helpful and friendly and there is a great restaurant and quirky bar both just off the reception where you can unwind and the staff look after you. The rooms are lovely, with power showers and big comfy beds as well as big, high celings for that true, oppulent Palazzo feeling.

Breakfast and the dreaded early morning checkout was good as well; proper Italian coffee and a terrifiic choice of cold meats/jices and lots of staff who made sure that you could leave for Malpensa without having to fill in a hundred forms.

A bit iof a gem and I would happily stay there on my own money, rather than just the normal one night business trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Richard D
Chateau_Monfort, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Richard,

I thank you very much for your beautiful feedback, it is a pleasure for all of us to have exceeded your expectations.

I really hope to welcome you back soon in the fairytale atmosphere of Château Monfort and to have you as our Guest for a longer stay.

My warmest regards

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Fabulous Hotel, excellent rooms, service fantastic. Make sure you have a cocktail at start of your evening. Also, make sure you try the breakfast. Close to city centre and also fantastic restaurants near by. Reception staff very very helpful when making recommendations and reservations.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Chris11271

Dear Chris,

I'm very pleased to hear such a positive comment and I thank you for your beautiful and kind feedback.

It is a pleasure for all of us to know that you enjoyed the hotel, our cocktails and breakfast.

My warmest regards

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely amazing.
The hotel staff is very cordial and very helpful.
The hotel decor is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are very romantic. Love the decor! Our front desk attendant gave us great restaurant recommendations & was very knowledgable on all request we had.
Centrally located near shopping & great restaurants.
We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gloria Susy D

Dear Mrs Gloria,

I really thank you for having taken the time to leave your positive comment on Tripadvisor.

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our fairytale hotel, the room assigned and the quality of our service.

I hope to welcome you again, in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin, during your next trip to Milan.

Yours sincerely