“Many better places keep looking”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Chateau Monfort

Chateau Monfort
Ranked #14 of 431 Hotels in Milan
“Many better places keep looking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff was friendly but I asked to get me tickets for something they took my credit card number but never followed to say if they could or could not get the tickets.
This is far from the nearest metro each and every time
Homeless people sleeping a few feet away
I couldn't tell but next store was some sort of homeless shelter/ public toilet. Pictures were so much better than the smaller looking hotel. Let's be honest here hotel. Gym is smaller than my bathroom. There a a few steps to even get to the elevator and with luggage makes this tough. The only plus was the charges in the shoe size lobby and if they worked I might have had a small smile. Not worth the Euro or US dollar

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Dreback

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The Chateau Montfort is tucked into a residential neighborhood about a 10 minute walk from the Duomo and La Scala. It is pretty easily accessible by taxi (about 10 euro) or tram to the main train station. Check-in was flawless as they lead you to your room and drop off your bags. They offered a welcome snack of fruits and bottled water. We did not sample the bar or restaurant. I highly recommend choosing the executive room over the superior room. It is worth the extra charge. There was a shower and a tub in the room and the room was quite large for European standards. I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marco_Montagnani, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your positive comments on Tripadvisor! We are really happy that you appreciated our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us!
We are already looking forward to welcome you back in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin, during your next trip to Milan!
My warmest regards

TOKYO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Better not expect a real 5 star quality if you are used to the proper level of it. A very first sight could be fun, then it turned to be just a "so- so" experience.
Suites with themes are something, but not very comfortable. Meanwhile those normal rooms,even executive rooms are not worth money, I think.
Bathrooms are dark, have no windows.
Among others I can hardly understand why they open Spa only at 5PM??? Who would like to go to the pool in the evening while you're staying in Milan?? Doesn't work if I can not enjoy a Sauna in the morning.
Breakfast not remarkable, I never have had such terrible pancakes before! disaster!

Room Tip: water pressure of shower in executive room was week. there are also rooms with no bathtub. Better c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JetsetCS
Marco_Montagnani, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind and detailed comment, I regret to read that you found our hotel "so- so" and I would be pleased to let change your mind about our fairytale hotel, if you would give us a second chance to have you as our esteemed guest.

I am already looking forward to welcoming you back in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel met our expactations!! After a long trip we stayed in Milan for 2 nights and this hotel offered what we needed... Very nice and spacious room, good shower, good service, and good location away from crowds but close enough to walk to main attractions! Its a truly elegant chateau!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marco_Montagnani, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear BeJourney,

Thank you so much for your beautiful feedback! I am pleased to read that your stay with us was excellent and the Hotel met your expectations.
I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a next future in the fairytale atmosphere of Château Monfort, I send you my warmest regards.

Swansea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Clearly David W is condescending in his views.

Firstly we ARE seasoned travellers for his information. The first two nights of our extended weekend break at this hotel were very enjoyable. However, this was spoiled on the last night. We cut our evening short to return to the hotel to have drinks at the bar. When we arrived the bar was sectioned off and we were told we could not enter as there was a private function going on and so we were ushered into the side room where they serve breakfast! There was zero atmosphere in there and when I asked for a glass of Peroni I was told that the party had drunk all the Peroni and they only had Becks available.
If I am paying 5 star prices I expect 5 star service and the service on our last night was appalling and we felt like an inconvenience.
When I mentioned to the waiter that this wasn't acceptable he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. If a function was booked then we should have been made aware of it and not be told when we want to use the bar area that we are not allowed to do so! Extremely unprofessional and is sufficient to keep us from visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank raybrahms1964
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to leave your detailed comments and helpful suggestions.
I regret that our services, or part of them, have not completely satisfied your expectations.
I will take all your issues into right consideration and I will do my best with all my staff to improve the critical points you indicated.

I really hope to have a second chance to welcome you back, in the near future, in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in June 2014 and it was simply fantastic. The hotel and rooms are absolutely beautiful, spotless and very unique! The staff was extremely courteous, warm and friendly. The hotel is situated about a 15 minute walk from the main shopping area in Milano and Duomo di Milano. The location felt very safe and not too busy. Also it was fantastic that the WiFi was fast and reliable. The best place I stayed at while in Italy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Scornick,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay @ Chateau Monfort!

Me and all the staff are very proud and happy of the fact that you appreciated the service of our staff and enjoyed your stay with us.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Lake Worth, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful with a striking spa in the cellar (I think it is for an additional price). So the hotel scores high on atmosphere, design and location (10 min walk from the Duomo). The problem is that we could hear everything on the street from our room. Every car, every truck, every bus and every pedestrian talking on his/her cellphone. So our sleep quality was bad and that is unacceptable in a pricey 5 star hotel. On the second night, there were power interruptions so the lights and TV kept turning on and off by themselves for quite some time beginning 3am or so.
The bath tub is big and comfy but if you are a shower person, tough.
The breakfast is outrageously expensive but exceptionally good.
The free wifi connection was flawless.

all in all, not so bad but for the price, i expect much much better.

Room Tip: Do not take room 12. You will not get much sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dimsumchef
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind feedback, I regret that the room assigned was not confortable enough for your needs; about the power interruptions, unfortunately, that night, there was a local black out.
It will be my pleasure to reserve you a room, on a higher floor, during your next stay with us.