“First class service in stunning setting”
Review of Chateau Monfort

Chateau Monfort
Ranked #9 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A charming hotel with wonderfully friendly and helpful staff who took time to speak with you. The decor is very pretty and the cleanliness is tip top. The tram stops outside hotel and the Centre is a few minutes in the taxi. The rooms are well decorated in theme with the "magical experience". We had a room at the front and experienced a lot of noise from the street on the Saturday night but the rest of the stay was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Marco_Montagnani, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Discerning441,

I truly appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts about your stay @ Château Monfort.
We are delighted that your stay with us was perfect because everything we do is aimed at providing the Guests with an excellent hotel experience!

Than you again for your beautiful comment and I really hope to welcome you back in a next future in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin.

My best regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to returning to this lovely hotel after an absence of a couple of years and was not disappointed. Staff exceptionally helpful, room lovely and great choice at breakfast. Thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your beautiful feedback about your stay @ Chateau Monfort and to have shared your lovely experience!
I am really glad you appreciated our staff, the room assigned, our breakfast and our high quality service once again.
I hope to welcoming you back soon in the fairytale atmosphere of Château Monfort,
my warmest regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff was friendly but I asked to get me tickets for something they took my credit card number but never followed to say if they could or could not get the tickets.
This is far from the nearest metro each and every time
Homeless people sleeping a few feet away
I couldn't tell but next store was some sort of homeless shelter/ public toilet. Pictures were so much better than the smaller looking hotel. Let's be honest here hotel. Gym is smaller than my bathroom. There a a few steps to even get to the elevator and with luggage makes this tough. The only plus was the charges in the shoe size lobby and if they worked I might have had a small smile. Not worth the Euro or US dollar

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Dreback
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Chateau Montfort is tucked into a residential neighborhood about a 10 minute walk from the Duomo and La Scala. It is pretty easily accessible by taxi (about 10 euro) or tram to the main train station. Check-in was flawless as they lead you to your room and drop off your bags. They offered a welcome snack of fruits and bottled water. We did not sample the bar or restaurant. I highly recommend choosing the executive room over the superior room. It is worth the extra charge. There was a shower and a tub in the room and the room was quite large for European standards. I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marco_Montagnani, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your positive comments on Tripadvisor! We are really happy that you appreciated our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us!
We are already looking forward to welcome you back in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin, during your next trip to Milan!
My warmest regards

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Better not expect a real 5 star quality if you are used to the proper level of it. A very first sight could be fun, then it turned to be just a "so- so" experience.
Suites with themes are something, but not very comfortable. Meanwhile those normal rooms,even executive rooms are not worth money, I think.
Bathrooms are dark, have no windows.
Among others I can hardly understand why they open Spa only at 5PM??? Who would like to go to the pool in the evening while you're staying in Milan?? Doesn't work if I can not enjoy a Sauna in the morning.
Breakfast not remarkable, I never have had such terrible pancakes before! disaster!

Room Tip: water pressure of shower in executive room was week. there are also rooms with no bathtub. Better c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JetsetCS
Marco_Montagnani, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind and detailed comment, I regret to read that you found our hotel "so- so" and I would be pleased to let change your mind about our fairytale hotel, if you would give us a second chance to have you as our esteemed guest.

I am already looking forward to welcoming you back in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin.

My warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel met our expactations!! After a long trip we stayed in Milan for 2 nights and this hotel offered what we needed... Very nice and spacious room, good shower, good service, and good location away from crowds but close enough to walk to main attractions! Its a truly elegant chateau!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BeJourney,

Thank you so much for your beautiful feedback! I am pleased to read that your stay with us was excellent and the Hotel met your expectations.
I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a next future in the fairytale atmosphere of Château Monfort, I send you my warmest regards.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Clearly David W is condescending in his views.

Firstly we ARE seasoned travellers for his information. The first two nights of our extended weekend break at this hotel were very enjoyable. However, this was spoiled on the last night. We cut our evening short to return to the hotel to have drinks at the bar. When we arrived the bar was sectioned off and we were told we could not enter as there was a private function going on and so we were ushered into the side room where they serve breakfast! There was zero atmosphere in there and when I asked for a glass of Peroni I was told that the party had drunk all the Peroni and they only had Becks available.
If I am paying 5 star prices I expect 5 star service and the service on our last night was appalling and we felt like an inconvenience.
When I mentioned to the waiter that this wasn't acceptable he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. If a function was booked then we should have been made aware of it and not be told when we want to use the bar area that we are not allowed to do so! Extremely unprofessional and is sufficient to keep us from visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank raybrahms1964

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to leave your detailed comments and helpful suggestions.
I regret that our services, or part of them, have not completely satisfied your expectations.
I will take all your issues into right consideration and I will do my best with all my staff to improve the critical points you indicated.

I really hope to have a second chance to welcome you back, in the near future, in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin!

My warmest regards,