“Good breakfast, good coffee, rooms clean.”

Hotel Ornato - Gruppo Mini Hotel
Ranked #173 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I was in Milan for a business trip last week, I've found this big hotel and I've choose it for quite position out of chaos. It' s an old but clean hotel, with a lot of rooms and a Big breakfast room. Breakfast was great, specially coffee from an automatic machine, a real coffe from beans, not from powder. Also "cappuccini" was good, not well juice and cake. Rooms were clean, bathroom was ok, good park inside the hotel. I will suggest it to my friends coming in Milan.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael K
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ornato - Gruppo Mini Hotel

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is in Niguarda, a district of Milan to the north of the CBD. It's location is not a problem because Milan's piblic transportation system is excellent. For 1.5 Euros each, my wife and I traveled wherever we wanted, including to the Centrail ItaliaRRail Station when we were ready to leave

The staff at the front desk was very helpful, the internet worked in the rooms, and the breakfasts were pretty good. My wife found the rooms clean, quiet and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Allan G
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I arrive at 11 midnight from a verylong journey only to find that they couldn't find my booking. Then after re-book on the spot they asked me for my passport who i accidentally left on my luggage since i've just come from another EU country. They insisted for me to open my luggage on the lobby in front of many people. When i finally found it they gave me this room for disable person (i'm fine and have lived in a disable room before although i'm not disable) but the room was so dusty and smell like it hasn't been opened or lived in for 5years. Dust everywhere, and just after i finished unpacked and about to shower, i found that the water was very brown! So i come down to lobby again and they gave me another room that is outside the exit door. It really looked like a janotor room. There'respider webs on the ceiling. You can hear trains passed by every 5 min. Very unpleasant. Ireally want to changed hotel but it was 2 am and not sure where i can find other decent hotel at that time carrying my large luggage. The hotel staff said he couldn't do anything more for me and i have to wait till the morning. Morning come, i was having a croisant and coffee at 9 50 am. Before i finished it, the waitress come and shouted italian words at me. Apparently it was 10.04 am and it was already passed breakfast time and she basically kicked me out and this other guest who were grabbing a cup of coffee. We left the breakfast room without finishing our food and drinks. Then i met with the manager. He said he couldn't give my money back if i want to check out. I didn't want to pay 4 nights for a hell hole room. The only compensation he said he'll give is a free breakfast who he said cost 4 euro ( for a half croisant and half coffee). The hotel staff make a comment that "this is the best 3 star hotel". I lost it. I gave them a pieceof my mind and they finally moved me again to another room but without elevator. I have a large luggage. Couldnt believe if anyone want to stay here ever.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank YeyAdventure
Minihotel2, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Ornato - Gruppo Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Guest,
The Italian law obliges us to record guest passport details upon arrival and we were surprised that you were offended by this standard procedure.
Unfortunately this initial episode, and the related aggravation on your part, conditioned your perception of our hotel even though the staff was fully cooperative and willing to give you full assistance.
With best regards.
The management.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here as we went to Milan to watch a football game. This Hotel gave us full value for our money. Luxury, certainly not, but our room was of a decent standard; clean and proper in a very simple style. The hotel itself is exactly what you'd expect for the price. The rooms not very modernly decorated but perfectly adequate if you're just after somewhere to crash. The bathroom is a good size.
Breakfast is included in the price and served from 7 - 10am. Breakfast has a buffet style selection of croissants, three cereals, yoghurts, spreads, bread rolls, juices and coffee (machine). Do not expect an English breakfast selection, please keep in mind you are in Italy!!
The location of the hotel is good, It is right by a tram stop, has a pharmacy and a good pizzeria round the corner, It is very easy to get to central Milan from here. The hotel staff are very helpful and welcoming, one of the receptionists Hamid is a bit off, but other staff was very friendly especially the night porter Guiseppe.
Wifi is free although had some problems to connect with iphone, but there is a computer in the lobby one can use freely.
So if you want a cheap and clean hotel with a friendly and helpful staff we will certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank N33l30N
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here for a conference at milan bicocca university, for which the location is quite convenient, being a twenty minute walk. It is right by a tram stop, so its easy to get to central Milan from here. The hotel staff are very helpful and welcoming, and the hotel itself is exactly what you'd expect for the price. The rooms were of a decent standard, not very modernly decorated but clean and perfectly adequate if you're just after somewhere to crash. The bathroom is a good size, the breakfast doesn't have the largest range but everything was fine. I have read complaints regarding the breakfast on here, from people who don't seem to understand what breakfast is on the continent. if you want a full English, stay in England. if you want a choice of 4 types of croissant, come here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kbarr
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

When i was in milano, i stayed there and its quite ok hotel with the location because tram station is in front of the hotel and it goes to center but i had quite bad night with the drunk people who were signing and shouting at midnight, i think so isolation is not good in this hotel but overall stuff are very friendly and helpfull..

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank kocserap
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I was not expecting much from this hotel, because I was travelling in a large group on a budget in an expensive city, nevertheless I was still let down. The website photos where misleading because, we where position in the "outer block", where rooms had the facilities of a generous 2* youth hostel, though other members in the group said that in the main building the rooms where nicer. I write about what I experienced though, the room did not have a safe, a tiny A/C unit, a tiny TV- practically invisible from the bed with my eyes, no vent in the bathroom, and the blind was barely functioning and another pull from collapsing. There was blood left in the bathroom from the maid, and we where only given a towel to clean it up. There where rowdy Spanish tourists, who had a "fiesta" until the early hours of the morning. In all fairness the staff where welcoming, hospitable (providing you understood basic Italian) and the range of vending machines where cheap, had a good range of products and added a good touch.

Room Tip: try and stay in the main building
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends