“Nice Location in Milan”
Review of Aspromonte Hotel

Aspromonte Hotel
Ranked #167 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Visited Aspromonte Hotel in mid September. The apartment we rented was not available the first evening, but there was a regular room for our stay. Breakfasts were great and the location close to the metro which made getting around very easy. We would stay at Aspromonte Hotel again should we visit Milan.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathleen g

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Hotel has a enogh good location: 10-15 min walk from metro station (green and red lines) - 10min to the center, bus stop - 50 m; quiet region, cross the road and you are in the small park.There are several cafe and shop not far from hotel (5 min walking) Room where we had stayed (ground floor) is too small but but well equipped (fridge, tv, A/C, hair-dryer, free WI-FI). Staff speaks good English and very helpfull. Breakfast was not bad: several kinds of coffees and tea, pastries, cereals, yogurt, cold cut, some fruit etc Our friends sayed on the first floor (214) - room is too narrow so bed by bed (i see such location first time in my life). And there are not elevator and upstairs is narrow.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank paldn
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed at hotel Aspromonte for two nights and I had a really nice experience.
Room was small, but very well equipped, had fridge, tv, A/C, although I didn't have a need to use it, hair-dryer. Actually, bathroom was half size of the room and it was very nice. My room had a small terrace, unfortunately I stayed there only for a day and I didn't have time to enjoy it. All three stuff at the reception (two girls and a boy) spoke very good english and were very kind, they answered everything I was interested in. Breakfast was ok, cheese, ham, cereals, bread, butter, yogurt, coffee.....
Hotel is in residential area and if you look the directions on the web site, it's a little bit difficult, Namely when I first arrived, I headed to another direction, and with a little help of two young people, I managed to get on the right place. But later, I realized it's actually very easy to get there. If you go by metro, you get off at Loreto station. You exit towards Via Abruzzi, and when you are at the street, you cross the street slightly in the left. On your right side, on the building at the corner, should be the sign for Via Gran Sasso. You continue to go straight, you pass the first traffic light and on the next ones you cross the street and go left Via Filippino Lippi, (I think that was the exact name:)) And you just go straight, Aspromonte hotel should be on your right side.
In the night could be a bit uncomfortable, since there are not so much people around, but don't worry, it's really ok to walk, even if you are alone.
All in one, hotel Aspromonte is very nice place to stay in Milano for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank bileSkopje
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were provided a room upgrade for what we are grateful.
Nevertheless, the deluxe room had not working Jacuzzi, TV, and there was no Internet.
Breakfast is very, very frugal.
But don't be disappointed if you are lucky , you'll meet the girl at the front desk who was very friendly, compelling and had irresistible smile.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Every staff speaks good English. My room was descent in size with a good amenities. I like the fridge - after shopping at supermarkets, food lasted well.

Breakfast was just OK. Several kinds of coffees and tea, pastries, cereals, yogurt (not brand labeled), cheese, cold cut, some fruit etc.

It is far from the Center and you need to take a train to go down to the canal or Duomo area for 20 min. or so. There is no elevator at a nearby train station so you need to take a taxi if you carry large/heavy luggages.

I went to the lake area with my Italian friend with his car during my stay here, so I did not have to time-consuming commute to the downtown. If you stay Milano for more than 2 days, you might consider other hotels in the downtown area. Canal area is very cool - like East Village in NYC.

Room Tip: Email questions before/after booking for any concerns. They responded within 24 hours every time...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We actually booked another hotel, which was overbooked, so we got a room at this hotel. The reception was very nice and he spoke a good english which made the welcoming easy. Our room was on the second floor. It does not have a lift and the stairs are a bit tight. The room was ok, nothing special, a little old-fashioned even, but enough space. For only one night it really was enough.
The only things that bothered us a bit was that the towels smelled extremly after vinegar and the TV remote was very dirty (dust).
The breakfast was very good though and the employees were very friendly.
Also the hotel is like 10 mins from the shopping mile and a metro station away which leads to the centre of Milan and the Duomo. The neighborhood is a bit strange though, especially at night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank la_lea17
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We've been in the hotel at last 3 times during the year, and we've been always very satisfied. That is why we always come back to them! Great value for the money and very friendly staff, always ready to be helpful. Thanks Ana y Giuseppe! Surely we will come back to you whenever we back to Milan!

Room Tip: If you can pay some extra money (not too much) ask for the family room, with two bedroom and a priva...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family