“Fantastic Cooking Class...the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Milan Cooking lessons

Four Seasons Milan Cooking lessons
Ranked #10 of 21 Classes & Workshops in Milan
More attraction details
Owner description: Every saturday morning it is possible to attend at cooking classes in the Four Seasons kitchen with Michelin-starred chef Sergio Mei.
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Fantastic Cooking Class...the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

We were 10 friends that had prebooked the cooking class months ago before we travelled to Milan. We communicated with the hotel and decided on the menu....little did I know that they would provide a fabulous experience. The courses cooked on the day were outstanding. Sebastiano and his team of chefs were amazing. They cooked the most brilliant meal for us and although we didn't cook much, we learnt so many tricks. You can elect to be more hands on if you so choose.
Tonight, we attempted to make the baked turbot but used Burramundi instead....it still turned out beautiful. We also made the lobster salad and the dressing was near exact to Sebastiano's. So I can safely say his recipes work even at home! Anyways, the best way to describe the cooking class was that it was a fine dining cooking class with a very personable, passionate and amusing chef showing us the way, Sebastiano.

I don't think any cooking class can surpass this one. They even provided live lobster for the lobster salad....wow, we certainly did not expect that! Lastly, we were given the grand tour of the spotless and beautifully organised Four Seasons working kitchen....so interesting and we could have spent hours more in there. There were so many aspects to this class that I have not mention, so as not to spoil it for future participants. Just book it. You won't be disappointed. It's a fun, entertaining and thoroughly delicious!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank travelbbug

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great cooking class in Milan's best hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I managed to persuade my husband in staying a day more to attend this cooking class and it turned out to be one of the highlight of my Milan visit.You are hosted in the huge kitchen of Four Season's hotel and here you start! Delicious breakfast and the chef and his aides put you at work! There is no better way to learn than to actually cook by yourself with a world famous chef showing you how to do it. When I attended the class there was also the etiquette lesson by a lovely lady teaching in a funny way (nothing boring!) italian traditions for hosting guests. Eating all together our "creations" and taking pictures has been a very funny moment. A nice way also to socialize.

Visited March 2012
6 Thank Jageros
Como, Italy
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Learn the secrets of a top restaurant and Italian etiquette tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Hotel restaurants in Milan had a not-so-great reputation with the notable exception of the Four Seasons, probably the most beautifully located top hotel in Milan. Four Seasons' restaurant is firmly directed since forever by Sergio Mei, one of the most solid chefs in Italy, so when I saw that every saturday morning there were cooking classes I gave it a try and I was absolutely satisfied.
You are taken in the basement of the hotel in the HUGE kitchen, and it's already interesting because most of us are used to see meals appearing out of nowhere, so seeing the real source of all the goodies it's somewhat a surprise, then, in a separate corner, an army of chefs start showing you how to create a fantastic full menu. If you want to be very active you can cook all by yourself with the guidance of the chef or if you simply want to watch and listen you can do so. Once per month starting from May the 30th (I was lucky because she was there for a rehearsal) there will be also Giorgia Fantin, one of the most famous etiquette specialist, explaining how to prepare the table and tips and secrets to successfully host guests at home. At the end of the lesson all the partecipant eat the menu wit appropriate wines and it's a moment that creates a very positive vibe, complimenting each other for the results. Basically you have a breakfast, a lunch and a famous chef cooking lesson for the price of a standard dinner at Four Seasons restaurant. The monthly special session where there is also Mrs. Fantin teaching "galateo" have a slightly increased price but well worth it.
All partecipants were italian, but I've been said that upon request it will be possible to attend at classes in english, but it's really not necessary, there is more to see, do and eat than to speak!
Book well in advance because the classes are often sold out.

Visited March 2012