“Not friendly and no bill is provided”
Review of Hotel Florence

Hotel Florence
Ranked #132 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Athens, Greece
“Not friendly and no bill is provided”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. For a 3 star hotel I would grade it below average. The room was small but o.k. The breakfast was advertised to be provided in a nice garden but actually there was no garden... The receptionist - most probably the owner - was not friendly at all. When we tried to pay by visa card he told us that it was not accepted as there was not enough amount. Anyway, we paid by cash, the night before our departure, although we had to find a bank in the middle of the night in order to withdraw the amount. He didn't give us the bill and not even the next morning although we insisted... We had to leave because we had to be at the airport. The next day I communicated with my bank and they told me that there was no attempt by the hotel to use my card.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Litsa K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Qawra, Malta
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel and will definitely return as I feel at home. Clean, spotless and good b'fast. Location the best, five minutes from metro in any direction. Stefano very helpful and very friendly, well all the staff. The cleaning lady does a great job in keeping the room spotless.Waiting for my return to this hotel next year in May.
Situated in a quiet area and twenty minutes away from Linate airport. Value for money. Inter-Milan fans visiting Milan should stay at this hotel. Keep up the good work

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here for five nights on business, I found both the reception and breakfast staff extremely friendly and helpful. My room (at the rear of the hotel on the top floor) was small and basic, however it was spotlessly clean and I slept well during my stay. I would have liked a trouser press and the TV only shows Italian language programming (no English news channel), apart from that I have no adverse comments whatsoever. The Continental breakfast was excellent and the coffee superb. A nice touch was being able to make your own freshly squeezed orange juice from fresh oranges on the bar counter. Please note that there are steps leading up from the street into the hotel lobby

Room Tip: Closing the shutters in addition to the double galzing helps keep external noise down and the air co...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2012

After checking out a few lower-priced hotels in Milan, we stumbled across this little gem. Reasonably well located the hotel is just a short walk from the subway which in 2 stops will take you into the centre (or you can walk approx 25mins instead).

Rooms are nice and tidy and come with little balconettes. Breakfast is quite homely with a variety of pastries to choose from.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Nice large room with spacious ensuite bathroom. No coffee facilities. Morning breakfast was just satisfying (even eggs weren't served, and not much choice between cereals). Location was close to the metro station. There is also a supermarket just behind the hotel. No free wifi.

• Stayed December 2011
Province of Trapani, Italy
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I really wanted to give this hotel a four star rating but just couldn´t. I actually would have given it a 3.5 if Tripadvisor allowed .5's. Anyway, its a traditional hotel that truly falls into the, ´Old school Euro hotel ambiance´ category. Most likely a family establishment captained by the gentlemen who is on duty most of the daylight hours. A very personable man who actually noted in my passport on check in that it was my birthday and gave me a handshake and an extra hour of free wifi! No, wifi is not free.

Our room (small, comfortable and clean) faced over the street (see photos) and as is customary in most major Italian cities, a very noisy street at that. Traffic and street cars run all night long. So for those visitors hailing from north of the Mediterranean countries, bring your earplugs. You might also need them if you plan on using the ceiling fan, sounded like the churning of a rusty old fan-belt.

Location is ideal, situated within a pleasant residential area, allowing you to experience the city as a local. Most importantly, hotel is just a 5 walk away from a main subway line(s), taking you to the Duomo in 3 or 4 stops if I recall correctly. Coffee bars, gelaterias and shops of all sorts are all within a minutes walk.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 25 January 2011

This hotel seemed promising from the descriptions I read and the photos I saw, so maybe I just happened to get the worst room in the place. Although my room was clean, the entire ground floor smelled like lavatory disinfectant, and the decor was very tired and worn, even kind of run-down. Ditto the linoleum on the floor. The staff was nice, and the breakfast adequate. This might do in a pinch if you're looking for budget accommodations in a city where they are scarce, but I wouldn't consider going back to this place at all. Also, there isn't much in the way of nearby restaurants or bars, so the neighborhood seems kind of bleak.

Stayed January 2011, travelled solo