“A good option for a Milan holidays”
Review of Hotel Florence

Hotel Florence
Ranked #134 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Portugal
“A good option for a Milan holidays”
Reviewed 19 February 2010

The hotel is located on a quiet residential neighbourhood of Milan city. It have some public transports near. Unfortunately we had a room with a broken Air Conditioned but our friends did not have the same problem as us. We requested to change the room, but the reception mentioned that the hotel was full and it was not possible. The room has basic furniture but it was clean and spacious. The breakfast was basic with some options.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Lexington, NC
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Was at Hotel Florence/Milan for 1 week. Lovely, clean facility. Staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Room spotless and nice sized. Great bathroom. CONVENIENT LOCATION. Only a few minutes from Loreto Station, easy to find; great connections to public transport. Breakfast was limited but good.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Rochelle, Illinois
Reviewed 6 December 2008

After spending the worst night of my life at a hotel one block down, the Hotel Florence was a relief. They were cheaper, cleaner and nicer than our other hotel. First of all the front desk personnel were very friendly and were really trying to help me get the best deal they could offer my family. Since I didn't have a reservation I was very glad just to find something at the last minute.

It is a quirky little hotel. We were given rooms 162 and 164. You have to take the elevator up to the 3rd floor, then down some stairs then up a flight of stairs. This might have bothered some people but I just love the rooms we were given. I called them the tower rooms, they had so much personality. I felt like I was a princess in the tower. The two rooms at the top had wood beamed ceilings, a balcony and nice roomy bathrooms. SInce I was travelling with my kids, I loved it that we were the only ones on that floor so my kids weren't bothering other people too much. These bathrooms had heated towel racks, which came in handy with all the rain and snow.

The rooms were very clean and a great value for a 3* hotel. After our first night, we had to change rooms because there was a leak on the 5th floor and they had to shut the water to our rooms. It happens. They were very nice and changed us to rooms 122 and 124. These rooms didn't have the wood beamed ceilings but were more than adequate. They look like they get more use because you can just take the elevator to them. But they were both very clean and adequate. Room 122 has a huge balcony and 124 has a small balcony. (We didn't use them because it was cold).

The breakfast was a great typical Italian breakfast. They make coffees and ciocollata calda for you. They have croissants, breads, cheeses, salami, mortadela, yogurt, cake, fruit, cereals, juices. It was more than enough for us even though it is not the typical american breakfast. (Remember you are in Italy).

The location is very close to the beginning of Corso Buenos Aires and the metro takes you anywhere in a few minutes. We just walked to the metro and then downtown because it was very cold and either raining or snowing when we were there.

We also went to a fair on Corso Buenos Aires on Sunday afternoon. It was very fun seeing booths filled with different types of salami, cheese, cookies, fruits. Very Italian.

I forgot my memory cards at this hotel and they are mailing it to me. I am very grateful for that because it has all the pictures we took in Rome and Florence. Very nice of them to do that.

If I ever have to go back to Milan, I would definetely stay at the Hotel Florence and I would recommend it to all my family and friends. It is a great value for the money and it is run by great people.

• Liked — The people who work at the hotel and the wood beamed rooms
  • Disliked — It is not in the center of town but very easy to get around.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pandabear6
Vilnius
Reviewed 20 October 2008

We spent 4 nights in the Florence hotel, Milan. There is a nice small Aspromonte park in front of the hotel. The location is perfect if you plan some shopping in Corso Buenos Aires or some travelling by train from Milano Centrale 'cos you can easily walk to these destinations. However, the hotel is not really in the city centre (about 40 mins (on foot) to Duomo) with a metro station LORETO (lines 1 and 2) nearby, which is convenient to reach Duomo, Milano Centrale, Cadorna or Fiera.

We had a double room on the second floor (no 122) with a balcony and outdoor furniture (inner garden view). The room was rather small, but cosy with a shower, TV, minibar and telephone. It was cleaned every day (towels changed also). The only imperfection - the shower head didn't work properly, it sprayed water all around, but not on the head :)) you constantly have to adjust it until water reaches the body...

Hotel staff at the reception was very polite and willing to help. They speak fluent English, though maids who we met didn't :) The girl working at the bar was also very kind.

Breakfast was sufficient - sweet brioches (buttery, marmalade or chocolate), rolls, butter, cheese, sausage, cereal, cake, yogurt, juice, water, milk, tea, for any kind of coffee you are welcome to ask the girl at the bar.

Warning for light sleepers - obviously there's an ambulance route along Via Vallazze to Casa di Cura (a private hospital).

Anyway, I am a heavy sleeper - ambulance was not a problem for me (though my husband was annoyed by the noise at night) :)
Nonetheless, we really liked the hotel, it's location, staff and atmosphere.

• Liked — Location, staff, brioches
  • Disliked — shower head not working properly :)
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Reviewed 8 October 2008

I booked this hotel cos my italian friend said it is in nice place etc... and it was and also not so expensive. I was very lucky to get my room before they promised. Room was very small, but it didnt bother me at all since I wasnt going to dance there ;) Room was in first floor so it was quite noisy. I heard noise from hall and next rooms...poor woman was so sick vomiting. But lucky she was travelling with someone so she didnt need my help. So most night I needed my earplugs. Breakfast was ok. Enough for me. I love that they made cappucino etc for reguest. Personel was really nice and spoke good english. Well, cleaning lady did not, but it was not problem. Also one tip..learn italian numbers, it helped me to get key to room at night time. One of personel didnt speak english so well. But I managed to tell him my room number like this: uno, uno, uno....;) I noticed that they help a lot of tourist. I didnt need any help thanks to my friends.
From walking to hotel from metro station was easy. On way was hotel del corso, i might try it next time. Thought I dont have nothing against this hotel I might go there again.

Stayed October 2008
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2006

This hotel has a good value, we paid 75€ per night including breakfast.

While the location is a bit out of the real center of Milan, it's still near to the central station. The nearest metro station is at 5 minutes walking and there's a tram and bus stop just in front of the door. The environment is quiet, located at a small park and there's enough restaurants and shops nearby (just walk to Corso Buenos Aires which has lots of nice shops and restaurants).

About the hotel itself, the rooms are small but tidy and clean, airconditioned and a welcome fan hanging on the ceiling (it's very warm in Milan during the summer months). The shower is small though. The toilet is too near the shower so that I had to rest my feet in the shower.

The breakfast is good enough, with croissants, cake, bread, cereals, yoghurt, fruit juice, great coffee etc. The basic continental breakfast.

Service was great with a very friendly staff, always ready to help with fluent enough English, which is not always common in Italy.

Overall I can recommend this place to travellers with a moderate budget, looking for a good value hotel and willing to walk or use the public transport to move around in the city.

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 September 2005

Although this hotel is small the rooms were spotlessly clean the the staff were really friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable, the bedlinen and towels were brilliant white and there was a TV, small safe and small fridge. The shower was clean but a bit tired but plenty of hot water made up for that. Maid came everyday to clean and change towels. I'd read another review somewhere which mentioned free toothbrushes and yes, they were there! For girls - plenty of lights and mirrors for make-up. The breakfast was typically european - cereal, croissant, coffee. The breakfast room also served as a bar but to be honest we were a bit disappointed. It definitely wasn't used much as a bar.

The location is a little out of the way - no bars or restaurants 'next door' and nowhere to buy bottled water after 8pm - but about 5 mins away are a couple of nice bars/restaurants. We particularly liked Bar Gatto on Piazza Argentina. However if you like walking it's only 45 mins to the Duomo (down the main shopping streets). It is really close to the Metro (5 mins) and with any journey only one euro you may as well use it.

I went with my sister and we felt totally safe walking anywhere, at any time, in Milan. After a bag snatching experience in Barcelona I'm always on my guard but I can honestly say I never felt threatened. Even on the Metro at 11pm at night was fine - plenty of women out and about on their own so we took that as a good sign.

For basic needs ie, cleanliness, hot shower, plenty of storage, safe, comfy bed, TV you can't go wrong. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2005