“Perfect location”

Ranked #27 of 261 Speciality Lodging in Milan
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My first stay in an apartment, seems good.. other than the number of locks and keys to manage.. and on the first night, there was a power trip.. which.. basically lasted for the whole night.. We could not light up the room till the next morning. The worst is, I was bathing at that time when the lights suddenly went off. Scary! And, it was @ 11.30p.m.! Luckily we do not need to use heater, otherwise, we'll freeze to death.
The location is good. Duomo is just in front of the hotel with all the shoppings ard. Of course, which all these brandeds, the cost is naturally higher..
Overall, seems good enough. Except that, the pillows.. its like flat.. i can't sleep properly at night and I had to stack two pillows and still have neck pain..

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnnieTan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Paris, France
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I thought it was a romantic apartment to spend one night closed to the Duomo with my girlfriend

it's not romantic, it's more a family or group of friends apartement to save money

I arrived around 1h30 in the night, it was a 0 degree night, one of the windows was lest open, and the heating was locked to the minimum

I paied in advanced a non remboursable room and they haven't gave me the invoice, I'm still waiting after days

one of my worst stays in Milan

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kobalski
Glamourtrip, Proprietario at Glamour Apartments, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
All the photos are real and exactely corresponding to each of the apartments, which are all unique.
By the way we've 2 different locations and only the apartments on Duomo square have the direct view of the Duomo.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I recently reserved on the Glamour apartments website for 280 euro the large Tiffany suite for a Saturday night for my wife and two daughters. My wife called the Glamour apartments on the Friday before to confirm and get how to contact them on our arrival in Milan Saturday morning. They confirmed the reservation and gave us their mobile number to call in Milan and get specific directions.

Upon our arrival Saturday morning (after a 4 hour drive from Nice) we were all of a sudden told that they had us reserved for a different date the following week (after our call the day before to confirm) and the person we talked to, Stefano, said that we could only have a small hotel type studio as the Tiffany suite we had reserved was occupied. The Glamour apartments rep Stefano apologised and said we could deal with the office, which opened Monday, about the price difference (280 Tiffany versus 160 small room) and mixup. As we had no options, had already paid the 280 euro and had our young daughters with us, we made the best of it and took the offered small room.

When I emailed a nice follow up a few days later about the date mistake and downgrade of room, I got an unbelievably rude email back from Glamour apartments saying that my wife was lying about confirming the day before (the call is in her mobile call log) and that no price adjustment was due to us, the date mixup (there was no date mixup and we had confirmed the day before) was all our fault and how dare we even ask for a price adjustment. When I followed up with a second, nice constructive email asking for a positive win win solution, I was told to basically screw off.

Unbelievable bad and unethical service from Glamour apartments as I travel 100 plus hotel nights a year and 150,000 air miles a year and have never had this kind of service before. I asked both Marco (the manager) and Stefano (I believe the assistant manager) for some reasonable solution and was told again that we were lying, my wife was lying and they threatened to charge me for an additional night!!

I now think that we may have been subject to some sort of bait and switch where we reserved and paid for a large suite, confirmed ahead, then upon arrival forced to switch to much lower standard room and they say our mistake and keep the full, larger payment. The attitude was terrible.

I highly recommend you reserve elsewhere in Milan so you don't risk the same problem I had.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank rossmcb
Glamourtrip, Proprietario at Glamour Apartments, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
The problem with this guest was that he booked our apartment Tiffany for the 12th of December and instead tehy arrived on the 8th and calling only the same morning 1 hour prior.

They also did'nt had with them the booking confirmation but they said the booking was for the 8th...

As we had a smaller apartment available we offered it to them without extra charge and also invited the parking because also if the mistake was on their side I felt sorry for them.

Few days after he asked us a partial refund saying the error was due to our booking engine and saying that it would be better for us to accept his offer.

At that point I just refused to offer any refund and so he made this nice review on us.

I can just say that it's important to pay attention when making a reservation.
Luynes, France
Reviewed 9 November 2012

You cannot beat the location of these apartments. They are in the heart of Milan - minutes from the Duomo and admist all the famous shops. Close by you will find everything you need. The apartment was well-equipped, clean and very comfortable - we had two bedrooms and two full baths. We were a family of our traveling together with our small dog - but the apartment would also be perfect for two couples and/ or a few friends. The location is fantastic, the price was good too - excellent value for a quick visit to Milan.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BlueBell88_10
Providenciales Turks and Caicos
Reviewed 9 November 2012

If you want to be in the heart- and I mean HEART - of Milan - stay at the Glamour Apartments in Milan. These are centrally located 2 minutes from the Duomo and admist all the shopping you can imagine. The apartments were clean, well-equipped and comfortable. Because of the location it isn't the quietest place to stay but if you are in Milan to shop and only have a few days I'd highly suggest staying here. We were a family of four (two kids) plus our small dog and we found the place perfect. I think it would be also great for two couples or four close friends. We had two bedrooms and two full baths - basically everything you need!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Grabs
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Great location right opposite the Duomo. We are a family of 5 with 3 daughters. The location was perfect for wandering around Milan. Our daughters thought the location was great as it was right in the shopping district. We stayed in the studio apartment which was very large and comfortable, even with a family of 5. We would definitely book the apartment again. Our tip would be to move away from the area surrounding the Duomo for meals. Better to head to the Brera district.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank swissmsgrabs
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were a small group of 7 adults and wanted a central location since we were only staying in Milan for one night (which now I regret as there is much to see in Milan). I don't think you can find such quality lodging, so perfectly located, at the rates offered by Glamour Apartments. Everything else I found close to Il Duomo was either over our budget or older hotels with questionable quality.

Our apartments were on Via Passarella, just 2 blocks behind Il Duomo and truly minutes walking distance to Piazza del Duomo and Galeria Vittorio Emanuele, and next to a wonderful pedestrian street filled with stores and cafes. We had two apartments and they were beautifully decorated, especially the Galle. We also had the Fiorichiari, just a couple of doors down the hall, which was perfect as we were traveling with older relatives. The entrance and the hallways of the building were pleasantly decorated, and it had an elevator.

We didn't get to meet Marco in person, but it was a pleasure dealing with him! Communication via email, cell phones and texts was very good, check-in was easy, and he even shipped me a purse that I had left behind! I received the purse at my Mom's place in Madrid within 2 weeks, and he didn't even charge my credit card for the extra expense. I don't think you can find better service than that!

I was traveling with very experienced travelers, and they were all very happy and satisfied with our stay at the Glamour Apartments. Our only regret was not staying longer. We all used the breakfast vouchers at the cafe just steps from the apartments, the food was good, the coffee was excellent, and the atmosphere couldn't be better. Nothing like having breakfast at a sidewalk cafe in Europe!

The only recommendation I have is that if you are traveling in a large minivan, as we were, try to find the actual length in advance, so you can locate the closest parking beforehand. The building on Via Passarella does have a parking, but the "car elevator" only fits up to a certain length (I think it's 15 ft.) and our minivan was too long. Marco had advised us about the size restrictions, but I didn't get to check in advance, so we had to look for the nearby public parking, which in itself can be an adventure in Italy!

All and all, we recommend Glamour Apartments, and if we are ever back in Milan, that's where we are staying! Thanks for everything Marco!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family