Grand Visconti Palace
US$202
US$191
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
B&B Hotel Milano Cenisio Garibaldi(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$121
US$240
US$212
US$245
US$173
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Plaza Milano(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$145
Very Good 4/5
Starhotels Business Palace(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel Major(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$118
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
1,994 results
All reviewsbernie gallottalodi tibbswimming capswimming poolguest relationspresidential suitemetro stationyellow linelovely hotelcentre of milanporta romanalarge hotelsteam roomspa areaturn down servicelinate airportconcierge service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This hotel is a real palace, from service to rooms!
Rooms are big, but if I recommend to ask a room with 2 beds if yiu are a couple (you can join them after) because rooms are bigger than rooms with big bed... i was a littlebit disapointed....
The price of the pool is expensive
This is a good experience
5 minutes from the center by metro.
Breakfast is very very pleasant!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Daventis,

We thank you for your kind comment, we are delighted to know that you enjoy your stay with us and it has been a pleasure for us being at your disposal during your stay.

The SPA access can be free of charge just booking through our website one of our special offers.

We hope you will come and stay with us once again, in which case we do suggest you book an exclusive room.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I booked this trip last minute for business and was recommended this hotel by one of our clients and I was not disappointmented. The rooms were very clean and room service did a fantastic job of cleaning my room at a decent time and turned down my bed each night. The customer service was fabulous and almost everyone spoke English! They were very helpful when it came to recommending good resturants and calling taxi's. They also arranged my car to the airport which ended up being cheaper for what I paid for a cab in the way in! I did not get a chance to experience the Spa but I have heard wonderful things about it! Everyone was more than willing to help with my concerns and I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica B
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Jessica B,

First of all we will thank you for choosing Grand Visconti Place as well as for taking the time to give us your feedback, it is very important for improve our service.

We are very delighted to know that you enjoy your stay with us and it has been a pleasure for us being at your disposal during your stay.

We will look forward to welcoming you back soon! Please feel free to contact us for any further information/suggestion you may have, we are at your complete disposal.

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week on business after it was recommended to me, and was very pleased. I found all of the staff to be very helpful, and the bar staff to be very friendly. Room was comfortable, bathroom very nice. I do have an issue with hotels that rip guests off for Internet, my only complaint really.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear TheWinger,

Thank you very much for you kind comment and for choosing our hotel.

We are happy to know that all the staff has contributed to make your stay very pleasant. Our guests’ satisfaction is our mail goal!

Internet connection is available for free in the lobby both with your laptop and with our computers with printers in our business point located in the lobby as well. In the rooms the 24-hour wi-fi connection costs € 12 inclusive of 24/7 assistance and many interactive services such as on line international newspapers, radio, tv and chats.

Hoping to see you back at the Grand Visconti Palace.

Best Regards,

Yveline Corthier
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Back to GVP again after a lovely visit in October last year. Once again Bernie and Antonella excelled with help and good advice. Cibi et Vino on Sunday first class, great wine. I'd say terrific wine in fact. Local Trattoria on Wednesday night was excellent. We would explore other local places to eat next time - and there will be a next time. But, and it is a big but, the game is up on the charge to use the hotel pool. I had a couple of hours on my own so I went for a swim. I suspected I may be charged and I'd brought a cap to wear. This has to change. UK hotels simply don't charge to do this and it really, really spoils GVP. Himself refused to go for a swim as a result, others said the same. The beauty spa staff were standing about with nothing to do. Perhaps if the whole SPA area for swimming was part of the deal, it would encourage more people to go and therefore you would discover the beauty spa. I would relocate the bar to somewhere more relaxing. It is practically in reception. On the whole, this is still our favourite hotel in Milan. Lovely gardens, near Lodi metro station and easy to get about. We always go over to the Park Hyatt for apperitivo which is fabulous and we know the bar staff there. We have also stayed there but feel GVP is better value by far.
I have read other guests talking about the spa charge and read responses about looking for offers etc. Honestly.... we don't have time to spend hours on line working out various offers. Visitors from the UK do not expect to pay for SPA access. Given the continual irritation this causes amongst guests, isn't it time to to stop it.? Sort out the rails access etc too.
We will return. We won't go near the pool if the charge remains. Great staff, Antonella was charming, even came to speak us when we came back form the Trattoria on wednesday night to find out how we got on. Reception staff and porter at the door, delightful. Guys , just remember that you don't know how much Italian I might have.. I did notice you laughing/commenting at my attempt to pronounce the station where the Malpensa express leaves from.. I know I got it wrong but wait until I'm out the door until you have a laugh about it !!!
See you again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking courtyard and the higher up the building the better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Dear Samploc,

We thank you very much for visiting Grand Visconti Palace again, as well as for the lovely description regarding our venue and our staff, your feed back is always very precious for us!

We have appreciated the suggestion you gave us and we will pass it on to our Management in order to put it in action as soon as possible.

Our bar is called “Vis à Vis” in order to allow the customers to stay "face to face" during a business meeting, leisure break or simply to relax after a busy working day not far from the centrepiece of the hotel. During summer time you can enjoy your drink or food ordered at the bar in our internal garden or participate at fabulous events such as our famous “Happy Hour”.

We apologise if some of our staff was apparently rude "laughing" at your help request; please be assured that our employees are accustomed to work in an always very friendly atmosphere and we regret if you may have misunderstood the hilarity with an attitude aimed at you. If so, we ask sincerely apologize!

Finally we want to thank you for the lovely words expresses to our attention, especially for Antonella…I am really proud to work with her…she is a very sweet heart!

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance or any suggestion you may have to improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Antonella Mecrani was a very engaging concierge that made my trip to Milan memorable by pointing out a couple of places near Porta Romana where only the Milanese hang out. The decorations and level of maintenance at the hotel were excellent and not over the top. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Yvl, Responsabile reception at Grand Visconti Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear CatB0y,

We thank you very much for the words you spent about our Hotel and our Concierge Antonella.
The quality and the improvement of the service is one of our priority, triyng to satisfy our guests every day.

We hope to have you again in our Hotel.

Kind regards,