“Needs Improvement”
Review of Zefiro Hotel

Zefiro Hotel
Ranked #363 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The hotel was advertised as a 4 star hotel and it was 2 at best. Seriously outdated decor but the rooms were comfortable. Close to Linate Airport, about a 9min drive which was a plus for us, as we were picking up family who were arrive late in the evening. Parking was advertised but it was only available on the street for 2 euros per hour between 8am and 7pm which was not always available, or in a parking garage down the road for 22 euros for 24 hours. Alternatively you could do what we did and park across the other side of the main road, 5 mins walking distance away from the hotel which was a huge inconvenience.

There were not many restaurants around. We had lunch at the one across the road and it was fine then decided to take my family there for dinner and it was appalling. We found a few other good restaurants and bars in the area in walking distance. Thanks to Trip Advisor.

The Front desk staff were helpful but not very informative. The internet in the rooms was slow. The one really good thing was that the tram stop was 1 block away which took you straight to Central Station and the Duomo. We also felt ripped off when it came to paying our bill and had to pay 5euros each per night in cash for tax. We thought the tax was included when we made our booking online and throughout our entire stay in Italy, France and Spain we had to pay the tax but nowhere did they ask us to pay cash. It was an appropriate ending to the stay. I do not recommend this place at all unless they fix their star rating and charge the appropriate amount for the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Zefiro Hotel

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I thought I booked a 4 star hotel but this was not even close. I there for a night on September 5.

Very disappointed given the price I paid for a night, 105 Euros. This is not even close to a 4 star hotel. Didn't care much about how far from centre it is because I was only there for a night before the flight from Linate airport early next morning.

Rooms are outdated, front desk staff not professional, courteous but not friendly.
The only good thing, just because is far from touristic area, there was parking, right in front of the hotel. Breakfast was minimal, not poor not fancy, just okay.

Not many restaurants around. Only one Pizza restaurant around the corner cross the small park, which actually was not bad at all. good food and cheap prices.

Overpriced. It should be much less considering the location and the shape this hotel is in.
I would pick something else if I was to stay in Milan a few days. Check this up if you are planning to stay in Milan a few days: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187849-d232932-Reviews-Hotel_Vittoria-Milan_Lombardy.html
I paid only 88 Euros here (comparring to 105 at Zefiro) and it is superior quality hotel.
This is where I stayed 10 days before I returned to Milan. I thought Zefiro is better but it proved to be much worse.

If you want to spend 100 euros on a night in Milan....you have many other options.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Fortunately we only had to stay there for one night but it is barely 2 stars in quality let alone 4 star. The room was a decent size but the decor was beyond depressing and the noise from the air conditioning unit underneath the window made sleep fairly difficult. The breakfast was as dreary as everything else. Do yourself a favour and find a different place to hang your hat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jeffkinn
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The hotel is definitely not four star quality but was acceptable for the price we paid. The breakfast was great (wide selection) and service at breakfast was good. Although we had a non-smoking room, the room smelled strongly of smoke. The staff at reception was not very friendly and we were surprised to have to pay 10 Euros in city tax when our booking through easytobook.com stated taxes and fees are included,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 27 April 2013

it wasn't definitely 4 star hotel - 2 star maybe was. There was free wi-fi in all hotel but the connection was terrible. Too far from the center. in the question if i had to be here again - of course i would definitely not choose this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Xara D
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I was scheduled to stay about five days for business and when I saw my room I immediately knew I needed to change hotels. The decoration in the room was depressing and my room was very small. The bed was not comfortable at all. I have traveled in Italy on business about four times and have stayed in about 10 different hotels and this was the smallest and most depressing room. Knowing I had a bunch of reading to do I would be in the room for a long time. I left the next morning. I used Trip Advisor to find another hotel and got a room at half the price than Zefiro Hotel and was much happier.
Strangely, I read the other reviews and the breakfast was the best part. The dining room was very nice and I was surprised because my room felt like a tomb. The staff was friendly but I would not come back. There are better deals out there for a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MikeGoodwin
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We spent a few days in Milan with the family. We were given adjacent rooms which was nice. The place is ok, location is good and we appreciated that it was located in a quiet area - so we could all get good sleep.

The service was generally good except on one day when at breakfast the waiter was not there and the food ran out and some people wanted extra drinks. After we called for him, he returned but was acting very unfriendly, made us shout our wishes across the dining room and still failed to give us any food.

Room Tip: Our two adjacent rooms were at the end of the hall on 4th floor (424, 425) - quiet enough as there w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family