“Swindle/L'arnaque/Una Buffala - Be careful!”
Review of Zefiro Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milan
Zefiro Hotel
Ranked #369 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 9 November 2013

It is not at all a 4 stars hotel, even not a 2 stars.
It was cheap..., but well, Holiday Inn Bicocca and Novotel Ca' Granda had the same price. I reserved it not for the price but for the fact that it was the only so-called 4 star near to my relatives house...
No bellboys at the entrance, nobody to help you with the bags and you will have to descend carrying by yourself your stuff on the several stairs after the entrance. The Front Desk Guy saw me hardly carrying my 30 kilos bags and he didn'' even move a finger...A strange character anyway: no uniforms provided at this hotel??? He had a sort of old dark blue cardigan on top of a green and dirty T-shirt. The other guys were dressed a little bit more apropriated, but still blue jeans, personal stuffs, clearly not a common uniform for everyone. The room was OK, but basic and not well-cleaned -a lot of dust everywhere. And surely not soundproof (as written on booking.com): I was able to hear my neighbours talking, watching movies and having fun all night long and as I called the Night Receptionits, he never answered. Was he sleeping?...
And on top of everything, once in the room I've discovered a sort of information sheet from the hotel management stating that if you needed an invoice you had to ask it the evening before checking-out???!!! Well, I thought in Europe and in the Western World anyway, getting a receipt upon buying something was binding...
Of course I ran away after the first night. Never again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank NicolasRB

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I'll try to be as specific and to the point as possible.

Do NOT book on this hotel unless all of the below are valid at the same time:
- You are very drunk and happens to drop dead just outside of it.
- You cannot find another hotel on a 100Km radius.
- The rate per day is less than 40 euros. (Careful, no matter the price you will book, they will charge you extra city tax 5 euros per person per day! And they want it only cash!!!)

If you book while only one of the above is valid, you like to live adventurous. If none of the above is valid and you still book on this hotel, you are insane!
I hope I was clear enough.

Room Tip: The best tip is to book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gadgetakias
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The hotel was advertised as a 4 star hotel and it was 2 at best. Seriously outdated decor but the rooms were comfortable. Close to Linate Airport, about a 9min drive which was a plus for us, as we were picking up family who were arrive late in the evening. Parking was advertised but it was only available on the street for 2 euros per hour between 8am and 7pm which was not always available, or in a parking garage down the road for 22 euros for 24 hours. Alternatively you could do what we did and park across the other side of the main road, 5 mins walking distance away from the hotel which was a huge inconvenience.

There were not many restaurants around. We had lunch at the one across the road and it was fine then decided to take my family there for dinner and it was appalling. We found a few other good restaurants and bars in the area in walking distance. Thanks to Trip Advisor.

The Front desk staff were helpful but not very informative. The internet in the rooms was slow. The one really good thing was that the tram stop was 1 block away which took you straight to Central Station and the Duomo. We also felt ripped off when it came to paying our bill and had to pay 5euros each per night in cash for tax. We thought the tax was included when we made our booking online and throughout our entire stay in Italy, France and Spain we had to pay the tax but nowhere did they ask us to pay cash. It was an appropriate ending to the stay. I do not recommend this place at all unless they fix their star rating and charge the appropriate amount for the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I thought I booked a 4 star hotel but this was not even close. I there for a night on September 5.

Very disappointed given the price I paid for a night, 105 Euros. This is not even close to a 4 star hotel. Didn't care much about how far from centre it is because I was only there for a night before the flight from Linate airport early next morning.

Rooms are outdated, front desk staff not professional, courteous but not friendly.
The only good thing, just because is far from touristic area, there was parking, right in front of the hotel. Breakfast was minimal, not poor not fancy, just okay.

Not many restaurants around. Only one Pizza restaurant around the corner cross the small park, which actually was not bad at all. good food and cheap prices.

Overpriced. It should be much less considering the location and the shape this hotel is in.
I would pick something else if I was to stay in Milan a few days. Check this up if you are planning to stay in Milan a few days: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187849-d232932-Reviews-Hotel_Vittoria-Milan_Lombardy.html
I paid only 88 Euros here (comparring to 105 at Zefiro) and it is superior quality hotel.
This is where I stayed 10 days before I returned to Milan. I thought Zefiro is better but it proved to be much worse.

If you want to spend 100 euros on a night in Milan....you have many other options.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Fortunately we only had to stay there for one night but it is barely 2 stars in quality let alone 4 star. The room was a decent size but the decor was beyond depressing and the noise from the air conditioning unit underneath the window made sleep fairly difficult. The breakfast was as dreary as everything else. Do yourself a favour and find a different place to hang your hat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jeffkinn
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The hotel is definitely not four star quality but was acceptable for the price we paid. The breakfast was great (wide selection) and service at breakfast was good. Although we had a non-smoking room, the room smelled strongly of smoke. The staff at reception was not very friendly and we were surprised to have to pay 10 Euros in city tax when our booking through easytobook.com stated taxes and fees are included,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 27 April 2013

it wasn't definitely 4 star hotel - 2 star maybe was. There was free wi-fi in all hotel but the connection was terrible. Too far from the center. in the question if i had to be here again - of course i would definitely not choose this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple