“Not cooperative in THE sense THE rooms had defect airco and we had to pay THE full rate terrible nights never return Bad experie”
Review of Sina The Gray

Sina The Gray
Ranked #206 of 428 Hotels in Milan
vught
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

We arrived and THE first impression of THE manager was not positive she showed the room and immediately confronted us with an upgrade for twice THE price. Our room was tiny an d airco not working next day bigger room still no airco. Third day we wanted to leave not possibile we got à very high bill and were fed up with the place . If this is standard for this hotel i am very sorry for them but I Will never return

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank cornelis v
Mary N, Responsabile reception at Sina The Gray, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear Mr. Cornelis,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments that are always very useful for us.
I am really sorry to hear that I made you an impression of not being positive to assist you as being focused on delivering the best customer service possible is our main target.
The reservation you had was for a City room which is our lowest room category with full room description and size you can read prior the booking and, whenever we have possibility, it is our pleasure to offer a higher room category to our guest upon arrival. I do not think the offered price was twice, but the last decision is always up to our clients.
With reference to aircon, sometimes even against our good will happen that machines get out of order and we can not prevent it, but only fix it as soon as possible. This time the main aircon machine got broken during the Saturday night and all Sunday we had a maintenance working on it in order to solve the problem. To make this inconvenience less perceptible we offered you to change the City room in a Junior Suite and it was the best we could do at that time.
Regarding the bill, the rates of The Gray are in line with our competitors and sometimes even lower. We have charged you for two nights instead of full stay and we supposed doing something pleasing.
I really hope you can reconsider your decision and give us opportunity to welcome back you at The Gray

Best regards
Janina Ciziunaite

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We arrived at the 'door step' of the Gray in jul after 13 hours of long flight, only to find that the hotel was no longer in service due to a fire caused by the next door neighborhood the day before. We were then relocated to their sister hotel, hotel de la ville which was 1 minute away from the Gray. I appreciate that it was against everyone' s wish to see such misfortune happening, including the Gray. However the way how a hotel handles crisis could really show the level of competency of its management. Here are a few issues: firstly, we were greeted by a bellboy who first told us about the situation. the manageress or senior management lady staff simply stood at the entrance some 10 or 15 feet away and watched us bewildering, and did not even come forward to offer an apology or say hello. she behaved in the same way when she reappeared at the tiny reception of de la ville directing her staff how to bargain the new rate with us. secondly, although my family was offered a slightly lower rate for two connecting deluxe rooms at de la ville, the 'saving' was insignificant as we could have enjoyed a junior suite big enough for our family of 4 at the Gray which category, decor, age are much more superior. the two hotels are simply no comparison. had we been notified of the situation (by mobile or text or email) before our arrival we would definitely have switched to a similar class hotel. the Gray's front desk staff (valentina and another male uniformed staff) were however courteous and took the care to treat us to breakfast at de la ville while we were still waiting for the rooms.

Stayed July 2012
Mary N, Direttore generale at Sina The Gray, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear Mr. C.S.,
Thank you for your comment! I fully understand how unpleasant it might be to arrive in the place you have dreamed of, being accommodated in another hotel and I deeply apologize for this.
However I would like to bring to your attention few details in the hope it might help a better understanding of the situation.
Our hotel has been affected by a sever fire undergone outside of the hotel, approximately 24 hours before your arrival. I have been involved in a 24 hours emergency operations in order to avoid any possible problem to our guests.
Although the extremely difficult situation, we have managed everyone’s departure, assuring perfect timing and immediate re-accommodation for the guests staying at The Gray the night of the event. After that we have e.mailed all our arrival guests, advising them what happened and offering alternative accommodation. In fact, an e.mail was sent to you on the 21st of July at 10:45 PM and you were among the first guests e.maled that day (to be more precise, that night). I assume you were traveling at time the e.mail was sent to you, however you should have seen it after that.
All arrival guests were offered the possibility to choose between accommodation in another 5 stars hotel at the best available rate for the day, or an accommodation at our sister hotel with a great discount. I assume you have decided to stay at De La Ville.
You booked a Double Deluxe Room at The Gray and not a Junior Suite and you were accommodated in a Double Deluxe Room at De La Ville with a 63% discount on the rates, booked at The Gray. I agree it might be considered an “insignificant” discount, as you wrote, depending on the point of view, but we felt as though it might be considered a good one.
You arrived early in the morning, approximately 9:30am and were offered a complimentary breakfast at De La Ville and checked-in around noon. You probably might know that check-in time in both hotels is guaranteed after 2:00pm.
At time of your arrival I wasn’t at The Gray. I was at De La Ville assisting arrival guests and coordinating operations.
Although I am not sure we have met, am so sorry if I was not able to assist you in the way you wished me to, nor to offer you any better solution than the two we did. From my side I have tried my best to avoid any inconvenience to our guests and have experienced the most challenging 24 hours.
I understand your sorrow in not being offered a stay with us. I would have been the happiest person to do so. I sincerely hope you might have the chance to visit us in the future and experience our services and assure you since now our best care to make your stay a most memorable one.
With my best regards.
M. Nikolaeva
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The room was amazing, simple design, wooden floors, a huge round Jacuzzi. The view on galleria Vittorio Emanuele was just perfect!! Service was prompt and efficient. Breakfast room was a little too dark. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christien79
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We were delighted with every aspect of The Hotel, the design, staff, the food were all excellent. The location could not be beat! Didn;t know there was a swimming pool and fitness centre.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite and it was fabulous!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Great Hotel and Location. Room was comfortable,clean and funky and reception staff where very helful. Both Valentina and Janina organised an excellent guide for my wife as well assited with recomendations and bookings for restaurants. Will stay there on next trip to Milan

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Varese, Italy
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The location just off the Piazza Duomo is excellent. The staff was very pleasant. The price is high for what you get, but that is normal in the centre of Milan. The room was clean and very stylish and pleasant. We were there for only one night, and not take dinner or breakfast so cannot comment on these. Did not use fitness centre or pool either.

There was one snag. The room was rather chilly on a wet May night. I could not get the air conditioner to change this; increasing the temperature setting simply made the air blow colder. The receptionist helpfully switched the aircon off on request but a fan remained on, so the room still stayed rather chilly. Opening the window at night is not an option in that part of Milan because of noise outside from service vehicles and the like.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I ve Stayed in the gray and I have enjoyed my stay very well. The hotel located in the center of Milan , everywhere I go was just minutes away, the hotel was comfortable,clean and luxuries modern style. Friendly atmosphere .

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family