“Just good for that night close to the station”
Review of Mythos Hotel

Mythos Hotel
Ranked #189 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

About 6 min walk from the central station area. The Room I got was old but with reasonable space. The location of the hotel is an advantage. Did not have breakfast. Reception and staff were helpful. Internet is free in this hotel. When we arrived the credit card machine was not working.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank wael H

Reviewed 7 November 2012

This is the worst hotel that I have ever seen in my life. We booked in for three days to see Milan on our 25th Wedding anniversary and what a nightmare it turned into. We arrived and checked in to the Hotel on the Friday afternoon and were given the keys to room 111 entering the room I inserted the key card in to the slot for the electricity and turned on the light in a dark and dingy corridor, the mains board on the wall tripped and the light went out. We proceeded in to the bed room, we had booked a double bed this turned out to be two single beds pushed together and not very comfortable. Whilst walking around the bed I brushed against the trouser press and it fell off the wall, it was been supported by two flimsy hooks but not secure enough to be used also the heating in the room did not work. Then I walked back to the corridor to see if I could get the light to work as my wife could not see to hang her clothes in the wardrobe, it was then to my horror that I looked at the ceiling and saw a large dirty stained area with black mould hanging from it. The mould must have been growing for some time as some of the spores measured 20mm in length. This must have been the reason that the light had tripped out because of damp electrics. I find it difficult to believe that this problem had not been highlighted before and just ignored. At this point I felt it was time to confront the hotel staff about the problems but needed to use the bathroom first, when leaving the bathroom I closed the door behind me and the door handle came off in my hand. I confronted the man on the reception and explained all of the problems to him and also showed him the photos that I had taken. I asked to see the manager but he was not at the hotel on Fridays so I asked if I could see him on Saturday and guess what? He was not there on Saturdays either. I then asked if we could move rooms and was told that no other room was available I would have to wait until Saturday. After all this I needed a stiff drink and something to eat so my wife and I walked a short distance to a little bistro near by and had a very nice meal. We returned to the hotel around 9.00pm and because the hotel did not offer tea and coffee facilities in the room thought we could use the hotel bar to get a coffee and again guess what? 9.00pm In Milan and the bar was closed no drinks available hot or cold, we were advised if we wanted a drink to go to the café over the road and get one to take out. The following Morning I returned to reception to see about changing rooms, the man on the reception desk said that he would see if there was another room available but we would have to be in reception with our cases packed at 11.00am.We were only in Milan for two days and had arranged to meet friends to go sight seeing at 10.00am so there was no way we could be in reception at11.00am. We went for a lovely day out with our friends and while we were out decided that we could not stay in this place and one of our friends fathers booked another Hotel. We returned and collected our cases preceded to the reception and asked to check out the two men on the reception desk were not interested in the problems that we had experienced or the condition of the room, I showed them the pictures of the room and asked for a refund but just said take it up with your travel agent it was not their problem. In my opinion this Hotel should not have any form of rating never mind a 4 star you have been warned!!

Room Tip: stay clear of room 111
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank mike s
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I was stranded in Milan with my family and this was one of the hotels that had a room in the last minute and in decent price. The room was OK, shower room had even Jacuzzi...The staff was helpful and nice. The location is perfect for overnight travelers - 5,10 mins away from Central train station and from the bust stop for the Airport bus.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MilenSt
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Found good price for this hotel on the web, budget price but the hotel was rated 3/4 stars! Less than 5 mins walk to Milan train station. The area was surrounded by other hotels n restaurant so it ws pretty convenient. We were given twin room with 2 queen size bed though we wanted only a double room! :) The bathroom was very big, a bit too big for my liking because the lighting was poor. One other complaint was that the paid internet was rather expensive. Overall was good n would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank margheritapie
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Our whirlwind tour had us one night in Milan and it needed to be close to Centrale. Mythos fitted the bill and we found it comfortable for our needs although a bar wouldn't have gone astray on a hot day. There is one next door though. Room was comfortable and had a terrace with no furniture. For a last minute internet price it was a good option. I wouldn't consider paying rack rate.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simmos16
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is the worst 4 star hotel I have seen whilst in Europe. Here goes: Bath had long black hair (previous guests?) and was not cleaned when we asked. Mould all along the baths silicone seal. Safe did not work. TV did not work. Beds hard as rock and poor quality linen. Breakfast was very average. The only plus was it was quiet with a good location. Its sister hotel Prime St John Rome by comparison was a well rated 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Max W
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The hotel is located about 1 1/2 blocks from the central railroad station and is easy to walk even with a wheeled suitcase. Its lobby is large,comfortable and the people at the desk reserved but very very helpful and friendly if spoken to. The rooms were smaller but clean. Bathrooms fine.
Breakfast excellent. The value is terriffic!!! Wi Fi excellent etc.

Room Tip: we were on first floor and it was quiet
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family