“Nice Staff”

Ranked #188 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Nice Staff”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel has all that is needed in a facilities sense but , more important, the staff are helpful and positively pleasant . In this age of do not care and online 'frequently answered questions' I found real people who did everything possible to help me . I shall book this hotel again !!!!

Room Tip: if you like personal service with attentive humans
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 19572014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Booked this for five days with my daughter who was going to live and work in Milan. I had to extend the visit and paid a few pounds extra for a Classic Room. We'd previously been in the budget French bed room which was at the back of the hotel on the ground floor. While it was very clean, it was on the small side and a bit claustrophic. I would recommend paying a few pounds more for the Classic room which was huge. The reception staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful and very friendly. The hotel is in a good position close within walking distance of the Central Station, and walking in the opposite direction takes you to the Viale Buenos Aires within five minutes. If you feel like walking it leads to the Piazza Duomo, or you can get the Metro from Viale Buenos Aires. The hotel was fine for our needs.

Room Tip: It's worth it to pay a few pounds more for a Classic Room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria D
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Walking distance from station. Hotel is not new one, but price and location was good. We had problems with our booking with breakfest but hotel manager handled it well. Hotel manager was really interested about customers stay so that was big plus for the hotel.
Breakfest was ok, but service in breakfest should be better. (Luckily manager take care of that too and asked what we would like to have and so on)

Room Tip: Near station and good management
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HelsinkiKooS
Essex, UK
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I've stayed here 4 or 5 times with colleagues over the years. Convenient for public transport and bars and restaurants in the evening, but it really could do with some decorating and maintenance. November 2012 and the rooms were so hot we had to open windows and got bitten to death by mosquitos. Reception told us temperature and air conditioning could not be changed. Add this to a few other niggles and it's a shame, because it usually offeres good value for money and the above positives but now we are considering another hotel for our next trip. I don't want the Ritz for TravelLodge money, but I would like a comfortable night's sleep.

Room Tip: One with air conditioning and controllable temperature!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2012

With mixed reviews for many of the hotels close to the Central Station, including this one, we were a little apprehensive although it reviewed as one of the better ones of a fairly bad bunch. We were not disappointed as we arrived outside but the 'stiff' reception staff gave no greeting, looked SO disinterested, treated us almost like an administrative inconvenience as we checked in and looked at us as if we were aliens... which was hardly a good start.
However, our first floor room, number 104 we would recommend for its spaciousness with a balcony overlooking the street.
We took a coat hook back to the reception because it fell off when we tried to use it... but again, disinterest... and no comment.
By contrast with the reception, the breakfast staff displayed good customer service and we found the breakfast to be excellent for both choice and quality (except for the scrambled eggs... maybe from powdered egg) with good quality juices. WIFI worked in the breakfast room but was unusable in the bedroom. The hotel has a large seating area adjacent to the reception but was unused, with no bar facilities, typifying the rather sterile atmosphere of this hotel. Whilst having the potential to do so, this hotel under-performs by failing to properly live up to its four-star status. A little make-over and management verve, starting with a sort-out of the reception staff, would make all the difference in transforming this hotel from its present rather faceless and quite drab offering.

Room Tip: We recommend room 104 as spacious and with a balcony overlooking the street... and not noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Galeria
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

About 6 min walk from the central station area. The Room I got was old but with reasonable space. The location of the hotel is an advantage. Did not have breakfast. Reception and staff were helpful. Internet is free in this hotel. When we arrived the credit card machine was not working.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank wael H
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This is the worst hotel that I have ever seen in my life. We booked in for three days to see Milan on our 25th Wedding anniversary and what a nightmare it turned into. We arrived and checked in to the Hotel on the Friday afternoon and were given the keys to room 111 entering the room I inserted the key card in to the slot for the electricity and turned on the light in a dark and dingy corridor, the mains board on the wall tripped and the light went out. We proceeded in to the bed room, we had booked a double bed this turned out to be two single beds pushed together and not very comfortable. Whilst walking around the bed I brushed against the trouser press and it fell off the wall, it was been supported by two flimsy hooks but not secure enough to be used also the heating in the room did not work. Then I walked back to the corridor to see if I could get the light to work as my wife could not see to hang her clothes in the wardrobe, it was then to my horror that I looked at the ceiling and saw a large dirty stained area with black mould hanging from it. The mould must have been growing for some time as some of the spores measured 20mm in length. This must have been the reason that the light had tripped out because of damp electrics. I find it difficult to believe that this problem had not been highlighted before and just ignored. At this point I felt it was time to confront the hotel staff about the problems but needed to use the bathroom first, when leaving the bathroom I closed the door behind me and the door handle came off in my hand. I confronted the man on the reception and explained all of the problems to him and also showed him the photos that I had taken. I asked to see the manager but he was not at the hotel on Fridays so I asked if I could see him on Saturday and guess what? He was not there on Saturdays either. I then asked if we could move rooms and was told that no other room was available I would have to wait until Saturday. After all this I needed a stiff drink and something to eat so my wife and I walked a short distance to a little bistro near by and had a very nice meal. We returned to the hotel around 9.00pm and because the hotel did not offer tea and coffee facilities in the room thought we could use the hotel bar to get a coffee and again guess what? 9.00pm In Milan and the bar was closed no drinks available hot or cold, we were advised if we wanted a drink to go to the café over the road and get one to take out. The following Morning I returned to reception to see about changing rooms, the man on the reception desk said that he would see if there was another room available but we would have to be in reception with our cases packed at 11.00am.We were only in Milan for two days and had arranged to meet friends to go sight seeing at 10.00am so there was no way we could be in reception at11.00am. We went for a lovely day out with our friends and while we were out decided that we could not stay in this place and one of our friends fathers booked another Hotel. We returned and collected our cases preceded to the reception and asked to check out the two men on the reception desk were not interested in the problems that we had experienced or the condition of the room, I showed them the pictures of the room and asked for a refund but just said take it up with your travel agent it was not their problem. In my opinion this Hotel should not have any form of rating never mind a 4 star you have been warned!!

Room Tip: stay clear of room 111
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank mike s

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels