“school in Milan”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Perugino

Hotel Perugino
Ranked #266 of 431 Hotels in Milan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
St Andrews, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was our first trip to Milan and to be honest we thought that Milan was a 'dump'. The hotel was very dull and dreary although the staff were very nice. The room was awful - there was damp marks on the ceiling and on the wall next to the shower. There was no kettle, cups etc and the shower was so small you could hardly wash yourself! The bed was really hard and uncomfortable and had old fashioned covers instead of a duvet - just not a nice room to come back to really.

Room Tip: No tip - get another hotel!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

I and two colleagues each had rooms at Hotel Perugino for a conference we attended at the University of Milan. Two of us stayed extra days to do some sightseeing. The Perugino was about a 15 minute walk from the University and about a 20 minute brisk walk from the Piazza del Duomo. Two of us got our rooms over the internet in advance and go a very good price of about 50 Euro per night. The third of our group waited until later and paid a higher price, but I am not sure how much higher. We all were satisfied with the quality of the rooms and the price we paid.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. There is a bed, a small desk/table, a bedside table, and a plastic side chair. The bathroom has a sink, toilet, and stall shower. The room has a telephone, so you can have a wake-up call. There is someone at the front desk 24 hours a day, so you always can get into the building and have someone to call in an emergency. My room had a French door that opened onto a terrazzo. That door also had a mechanical shutter on the outside that could be dropped when the room was unoccupied to provide complete security. The street is quiet.

The air conditioning shuts off during the day, so leave the room thermostat set to "On" to make sure the A/C comes on in the late afternoon to cool the room by the time you return at the end of the day. The A/C is a low-power device and takes a while to cool down a hot room. Its fan is very quiet, so much so that I had to turn it on and off and listen carefully to make sure it was really running. It was, and it worked fine as long as you give it enough time to cool the room. It will not cool the room quickly.

The hotel has a breakfast room and a very small lobby with an enormous TV, good for watching sports, the news, and the weather but not much else. Breakfast is included in the regular price but not in the budget online price. You can pay 7 Euros for the breakfast, which is an expanded continental style with a few cold cuts, some cheeses, a couple cold cereals, fruit, yogurt, and something to drink. Not worth the money, in my opinion. There also is a nice private garden that all guests have access to. There is free wi-fi.

The desk clerks all speak adequate English to transact business.

There are several good, inexpensive restaurants nearby. One, La Piola, is just a couple doors down the street, is run by people from Puglia (the heel of Italy), and serves good Pugliese-style food.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GranPaladino
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I needed a place to stay overnight prior to a very early flight out of Linate. When I went to book a hotel, I found there was a soccer event of some kind for that weekend and there were almost no rooms to be had at any price: even hostels were charging 100 Euros for a dorm! Hotel Perugino was about the best deal I could find, plus I figured being so close to Linate, I'd save on cab fare to make up part of it. So I booked a single (breakfast included) for 200 Euros. (Trust me, I NEVER pay that much for hotels!). I think it's rated a 3 star, but I'd probably give it 2-2.5.

The room was very basic, but the single bed was quite comfortable. The weather was fairly warm that evening and humid and I had put the A/C on at the highest level but barely felt anything. The bathroom was clean, and not too small, with reasonable shelf space for toiletries. The gentleman on the reception desk was friendly and spoke English well; he provided some options on where to get something to eat (by that time it was after 10 PM). I left very early in the morning, so can't speak to the breakfast. I am betting that during non-peak times, the rates here are quite reasonable, and the neighborhood felt OK, with lots of shops and restaurants close by.

I can say that the hotel staff went the extra mile to help me out of a tight spot. I'd had my wallet (with all cash and cards) stolen boarding the train to come in to Milan. I called my credit card company and they got the hotel to agree to charge a new card over the phone without me having to physically present it...otherwise I don't know where I'd have slept. So...perhaps that was the best 200 Euros I may ever spend; not sure all hotels would have be as helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Booked a twin room for my sister and I,we were put in a double room in a dwelling separate to the hotel,apart from anything else we didnt feel a bit safe. We asked the next day to be moved into the hotel building. After huffing and puffing from the man on reception we were moved to a room on the 3rd floor. We had a working shower here!!! Its the simple things in life.
Breakfast was poor quality!3stars is very generous. Best part of this hotel is the small restaurant beside it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels