“Hotel poor infrastructure”
Review of Hotel Terminal

Hotel Terminal
Ranked #255 of 427 Hotels in Milan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night at the end of march. We needed a hotel that was near Milano Centrale as we had an early flight and needed to catch the malpensa express bus in order to take us to malpensa airport. Contrary to other reviews we found this hotel to be good value for money. The location was fine, just a ten minute walk to milan's central train-metro station. The room was small but adequate for what we needed, a sleep and a shower. It had a tv, a safe, a little fridge, a double bed, a hairdryer and a bath (including shower gel, shower cap and soap). It was very warm and clean. The only minuses which we didn't mind at all , were that the tv only had italian channels and the lack of view from out bedroom window. The staff was very helpful, informing us about taking the right train into the central shopping area etc. The wifi worked in all the hotel areas, even in our room (we stayed on the first floor). The breakfast was served from 7 am, and had all you could really ask for (tea, coffee, toast, all kinds of cereal, croissant, cake, cheese, salami, jam, honey etc). Dont forget to pay the city tax before you leave!! All in all, a pleasant stay in hotel terminal.

• Stayed March 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The decent: Decent location if traveling into and out of Milano Centrale. The second star is given only because of the quality of the breakfast, which was great, but even then, the staff was so inept that they never noted we had breakfast included in our stay, which prompted me to bring down the laptop to the breakfast room to show our reservation details stating our breakfast was included.

The bad: Cramped room, rude staff that repeatedly gave us incorrect wifi passwords, wifi didn't work until the last night of our stay, no remote control for the TV, and the most uncomfortable bed I slept on in all of Italy. It's not a place we'll be staying at again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Milan hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I am here now On February 24th 2012. At first I was pleasantly surprised with the modern furnishings and cleanliness. I had read on Trip Advisor previously about the NEGATIVES. I chose to stay because of the proximity to Milan Central. Then I tried to use the phone and found it was not working, and I wanted a wake up call. It is room 124. All I got from the nasty front desk clerk was sorry. So I asked if they were going to bang on my door for a WAKE UP CALL...THEY SAID YES....DEPENDING ON THE OUT COME....THIS COULD BE PART ONE OF A 2 PART REVIEW.
Oh yes evidently they do not understand the concept of MULTITASKING......EITHER!!!
The internet passwords correspond to the floor you are on....THE FRONT DESK DOESN'T TELL YOU THAT....

Room Tip: Check to see that all amenities are available before unpacking....
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2013

1. I reserved a room on-line at this hotel, based on the location near the central train station.
2. A few days after making the reservation and paying for it with my credit card, I received an email from the hotel informing me that my reservation was not confirmed ("prenotazione non confermata") because the hotel had some trouble with my credit card number.
3. I called the hotel to give my credit card information. The night clerk told me I had to send an email or a fax. I responded that it was not secure to send credit card information by email, and that since I was travelling I did not have a fax. He scolded me and told me that he would not take the information, so I told him to cancel the reservation.
4. Following this conversation, I wrote an email to the hotel to cancel. I received no answer.
5. When I received by credit card bill, I found that the hotel had charged me for one night.
6. I emailed the hotel to enquire, and after having received no response, I called. I was told I would get an answer within a week.
7. When the hotel did answer, I was told to check the conditions for on-line reservations, and that the hotel was justified in charging me.
8. I wrote back and asked what I should have done. The hotel had written to me to tell me that my reservation could not be confirmed. Its staff would not take the information required to confirm it, and yet the hotel charged me.
Was I supposed to arrive in Milan not knowing if I had a reservation? I took the prudent path and reserved elsewhere. The hotel has not responded.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank nvulpe
Piacenza, Italy
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stayed there just for the night since I had to catch an early morning train and it was good for it. It’s really close to the Milano Centrale train station, something like 10 minutes by foot. The room was big for a single guest and comfortable, the bathroom was ok and clean. It’s a modern structure, furniture was quite recent. The decoration is minimalist, since this is probably a hotel thought mainly for business people who need to be close to the station. I didn’t care of it, for me it had everything I needed including a good wifi connection and a flat tv. I booked online on their site on the same day and I was able to get a 10% discount which was positive for sure, even if the full price is not bad either comparing it with similar hotels in the same area. I will consider it again for sure if I need to be in Milano for the night another time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Lisburn
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Stayed three nights at this hotel in December 2012. Room was bitterly cold and fiddling with the air con produced only a marginal improvement. Each morning after I left the cleaner turned the air con off again! - there was no other means of heating except for a tiny skirting-board radiator in the bathroom. Breakfast was usual mish mash of continental - nothing hot. Staff generally not very welcoming or friendly which I discovered was normal for Italians in Milan. No facility for tea or coffee in room.I would rate this hotel at 1-2 star, definitely not up to 3 star standards. Was then charged 9euro each 'Tourist Tax' to be paid in cash on departure.
All in all I would not recommend the Hotel Terminal or Milan for a holiday break.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family