“Excellent Staff, Good Location for Sightseeing”

Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station
Ranked #120 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great staff on reception, very helpful and throughout the hotel all staff very kind and friendly. Ideal location for access to Garibaldi station for metro to Milan central and Duomo, Castle and City Centre attractions. Breakfast was fine too, but a limited hot selection. Room was fine with comfortable bed, but shower was a bit awkward with flimsy doors. Overall, happy with the hotel, bit pricey with the additional 5euro visitor tax per night also to bear in mind.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Unlike pervious reviews check in pleasant and efficient. Room spotlessly clean, if you have to have your window open expect tram noise, but these trams whisk you to the Duomo in a few minutes! Bar uninspiring, but for good food and drink cross the the road to the scalo farini restaurant, which does a early buffet for 9 euros including a drink, and it was good .
If arriving from Garibaldi station do not leave by main exit, but use the Via Pepe exit, a much shorter walk .

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank MrMrsW50
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear MrMrsW50,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here for a few nights, mixing business with pleasure. REally had a peaceful and comfortable stay here.

The staff were extremely friendly. Great breakfasts. Family room (which is divided into two areas plus bathroom) is ideal.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank guinnsquirrel
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Reception:
- understaffed reception and RUDE or DUMB : long queue at the checkin and only one girl was attending to guests The other girl who was standing there was doing nothing and all she said I DONT KNOW if i asked anything. I mean why was she standing there !

- breakfast is written to be open at 6:30 , our train was at 7:30 so we went to the breakfast and the guy started shouting NO NO open at 7 only. It was clearly written at their website , outside the breakfast area starts at 6:30 . COMPLETE dissappointment

- Dinner at restaurent Closes at 9 ? i mean seriouly; Dinner area was closed at 9 so he said i could eat in the Bar area. The food complete disaapointment. a simple penne with tomato and basil. It was HORRIBLE i must say for a holiday Inn standard.

NOT Child friendly: she gave me an early check in good, but didnt have a high chair at the restaurent.

Room was nice though for the price, but service horrible thankfully i stayed only one night. I should have considered Hilton or Crown plaza.

Room Tip: rooms are nice but not a pleasant stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyFeet D
HolidayInnMilan, Direttore at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear HappyFeet,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your comments. I am deeply sorry that you have been disappointed during your last stay at our Hotel. As you know check in time is at 2 pm and, arriving earlier, you've faced the guests that were checkin out. Beside that all our efforts have been made in order to give you a room the earliest possible.
Regarding breakfast time, thank you for reporting the time written on our website that I've immediately asked to change, but outside the restaurant, as well as in the room directory, is clearly specified that on Saturdays and Sunday breakfast time is from 7.00 till 11.00. We are also improving our restaurant service during weekends and, thanks to your report, we have provided to buy high chairs for our youngest guests.

Once again thank you for your report that gives me the opportunity to further analyze the whole process at the reception and to take the appropriate actions in order to improve our service.

I really hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Milan Garibaldi Station and show you how much we take care of our guests.

Gerardo Borraccino - General Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed in an executive room which was great, light, all mod cons, tea coffee etc, no bathrobes though! Room was lovely breakfast included and was continental as expected nothing to complain about here. Pretty good location once you work out the metro but if you're looking for any sort of customer service forget it unless you're Italian or speak the language, in which case you get the best service possible. On arrival there were 3 staff, who seemed to be serving no one inparticular but didn't bother to ask if they could help, when my partner asked if we could book a taxi and tickets for a show the hotel refused and told him to do this himself. The final straw however came on the final day when waiting to leave for the airport and we asked the front desk if we could get a drink from the bar as had been waiting there for over 10 minutes with no service? The response was simply 'I am not the batman, you need to ask him!' Needless to say we left with our luggage over an hour early and got drinks at the station. It may be affordable but personally I'd pay the extra euros for someone to be nice to me, never again.

Room Tip: Go exec if you can
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnMilan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Tori 942,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your comments. I am deeply sorry for what has happened in our Hotel during your last stay . Your disappointment is understandable, but I can assure you that this is not our usual standard of service. I'm new to the position of General Manager in this hotel, and your comments give me the opportunity to further analyze the whole process at the reception and to take the appropriate actions in order to improve our service.
For this reason I kindly ask you to contact me in order to have more details to deepen the problems you reported. Here is my personal email : direzione@himilangaribaldi.com or, if you prefer, you can call me at the number :
+39 02.6076801

Once again, please accept our apologies and we hope to have you again as our guest.

Gerardo Borraccino - General Manager

Holiday Inn Milan Garibaldi Station

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Terrible time when checking in... Was the reception understaffed? Saw staff trying to attend to 3 guests and being rude to one of them... Because it's the Italian way? I don't think so... My friends were really close to screaming at the guy... Definitely colored the trip negatively...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
HolidayInnMilan, Assistant Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Witchez13,
I'm really sorry for the bad impression you've had checking in at our hotel.I assure you that we always try to make every guest feel welcome and at home.
As we need to investigate about what happened that day, I kindly ask you to get in touch with me at my e mail address: fom@himilangaribaldi.com or by phone +39.02.60760801.
Once again please accept our apologies and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again at the Holiday Inn Milan Garibaldi

Andrea Britti - Assistant Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Perfectly fine for my trip to a nearby office.

My room was an accessible room and was therefore larger than average. The only difference I could see is that the room was bigger and that the shower was designed that you could wheel a chair into it.

Slept well, no outdoor noise. There was some corridor noise from 5.30am.

Breakfast was simple but good. There was fresh bread, eggs, juice, cheese, cereals, coffee/tea.

I arrived at 1am and left straight for the office, but from what i could see the surrounding area seemed very quiet.

When I return to Milan for pleasure, I think I would choose a hotel closer to Milano Centrale as this one felt a little way out for shops, restaurants etc (based on the taxi ride!). However it is right next to a tram stop, so it would work if it was the right price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business