“Nice and Helpful Staff, highly recommended” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station

Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station
Ranked #143 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Hong Kong, China
“Nice and Helpful Staff, highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Arrival Date: 16 - 18 May 2014

Staff:
1. Felix (receptionist): helpful, patient, cheerful, I was receiving a warm welcome and an efficient checkout
2. Antonio & Francesca (restaurant): both are very courteous and caring, with excellent service

Room: Very clean, comfortable with a lot of pillow choices; love their lady room with a in-room electric bike

Location: Very convenient, close to train station

I have been to several other hotels in Milano. I definitely recommended Holiday Inn for any travelers.

Room Tip: Ladies remember to ask for a Lady Room, you will love the in-room electric bike
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnMilan, Direttore at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear PaddiePoo,
Thank you for your stay at the Holiday Inn Milan Garibaldi and for the kind review about our hotel.
We are pleased that our facility and the services offered were pleasing you, as well as the location that is very appreciated because a few steps from the Garibaldi metro and train station.

Looking forward to welcome you back, to send our best regards
Roberta Picotti - Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Its a good 10 minutes walk from Garibaldi train station. Would be hard if you have luggage. There is tram #4 in front of hotel, but very slow, takes 20 minutes to get to the castle. Room is kind of small. We had free wi fi in the room, pretty fast. Some other guests told me they had to pay 9 euros. There is some kind of train next to our room. Very noisy hard to sleep. Takes a while to get used to it. They run till late at night and start early in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobolee55
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a review.
The comments of our Guests are very important to us to improve the service we offer to all our customers.
We are sorry that not all you have found in our hotel has been memorable and we will do our best to work about it to make it better.

Thank you once again and best regards.
Roberta Picotti
Assistant Manager
Cascais, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I come often to Milano and even if I tryed diferent hotels I always return to Holiday Inn Garibaldi.
I take always the tram #2 right to duomo and sometimes in the end of the day I walk home from
the city center, and only takes me 20 minutes.

The staff is friendly and after my 2nd day they know already my preferences.

The breakfast staff makes my day; as soon as they see me walking in the breakfast room, I have all my favorite cofees in my table.
Fresh orange juice done in at that moment, daily and fresh varity of home cakes, continental breakfast, cereals, fruit, sereval bread and jams....I like it a lot!

The front desk people always make me feel like home and the roons are really nice.
They have with some regularity complimentary fruit (stranwberries, apples....) in the reception that always are amazing quality fruit.

They also have some rooms "lady rooms" and it has a huge set of hairdryer and all the accesories and one ginastic machine (bicicle, moonwalk, other)

The towels (something important to me) are nice and cosy.

The only thing I do not like is the TV; until last year they had the change to select in the channels the option "Original version" so we could see TV in english/french/other...the original version os the show; now they change and I HATE IT; I am stuck to CNN channel. Horrible changing decision!

Before I stay in several NH, ibis, others....but the wifi was soooooo bad , that here is amazing and allows me to see TV in my laptop/ipad.

Holliday inn Garibaldi is feeling home. I will always be returning here in my Milano trips.

Room Tip: or select "Ladys room" - for ladys and the rooms #04 are always superior rooms :) neer th...
Dear Fi-2999

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review.
We are extremely pleased to be able to fully meet the expectations and needs of all our services.

Looking forward to welcome you back, to send our best regards
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed at Holiday Inn Garibaldi Station for a couple of nights. Let me summarize:
Goods:
- Room was clean.
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- Efficient check-in and check-out
- A gazillion channels on TV

Not-so-goods:
- It's really about 10 mins walk from Garibaldi Station through some city streets that are not very luggage friendly. And it may take a few min to find the hotel too. It's not like you can see where the hotel is from the train station.
- The breakfast buffet is below average. There's no fresh fruits.
- Out of the gazillion TV channels only a few are English :-(
- 22C is the lowest setting of A/C. It didn't work well and I am not sure how bad it may be in the summer.

All in all, I think this is a fine Holiday Inn - as long as you don't have unrealistic expectations.

Dear DT94024
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review.

If you want to share with us more comments please fill free to contact us directly writing to the following e-mail address: fom@himilangaribaldi.com.

Best regards
Roberta Picotti
Assistant Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on a recent visit to Milano. The hotel is conveniently located close to trains, trams and a short walk to restaurants such as Eataly. The rooms were clean, comfortable with a generous size bathroom. Continental breakfast was offered and free wifi. Would certainly stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnMilan, Direttore at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Travelgir
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review.
We will be happy to pass on to our colleagues in her beautiful words.

Looking forward to welcome you back, to send our best regards.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We picked this hotel as it was advertised at a good price and because I always used to stay at Holiday inns for business before I retired.

The room we had was small for a Holiday Inn but comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was an international buffet and was fine. We did not eat at the hotel in the evening.

The hotel is a bit out of town, in a slightly run down area. That said, we felt perfectly comfortable walking about.

The hotel is an easy walk from Garabaldi rail station, but signage at the station is poor.

Tip: If you arrive at Garabaldi station, walk down the (any) platform away from the concourse and look for the LAST set of steps. Go down and head right. At the very end of the tunnel under the platforms, you get access to Via Guglielmo Pepe at the side of the station. Turn left and it is a 3 mins walk to the hotel

There are plenty of restaurants near to the hotel but not many of them looked particularly nice. We mostly ate dinner in town before heading back to the hotel.

Transport from the hotel was very good as the No2 tram stops outside and will soon deposit you in the centre of Milan. You can buy a 24 hour ticket at the Tabac opposite the hotel for 4.50 Euros and you can use ot on both trams and the metro. You have to stamp it on the machine on the tram to validate it the first time you use it.

Do visit the nearby Milan Cimitero Monumentale - a short walk from the hotel, yes it's a cemetery but its the most amazing experience seeing the shrines, statues and vaults, old and modern that the reflect the Milanese very latin view of death. Go on - I promise its not scary!

Oh - and if you go in April or May, take your umbrella with you. You have been warned.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back. Its quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear rin1952,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our comfortable room accommodations. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge their good stay.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Situated close to station of the same name and with a slightly out of town feel, the trams run by the door to the central area, l found the room to be clean comfortable and quiet. The catering side of things leave a bit to be desired, during my stay, whilst the breakfast buffet was good, the evening was a different matter with one young lady (Francesca) coping with remarkable fortitude
and who appeared to be doing everything except reception!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Garibaldi Station, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Stevev12_12,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D