“Great Hotel - Don't Bring Your Car!”
Review of Park Hyatt Milan

Park Hyatt Milan
Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel - Don't Bring Your Car!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Park Hyatt on the way back from a short trip to Italy this far. It is in one of the best locations in the city (right at the heart of the centro), but getting there can be a bit of a journey (lots of one way streets!).

The staff could not be friendlier, exactly what I expected staying at one of the most expensive places in the city! The room was a good size with a HUGE bathroom (i think it was just as large as the bedroom). The Laura Tonnato bath products smell amazing - I defenitly took them home with me. Our room overlooked the interior courtyard, so it was not much of a view but very quiet. The windows did not open much, which was one small detraction from the space (it would have been nice to get some air as the AC was not the best, at least at the getgo).

As a Hyatt Diamond, we were given some great wine in the room to enjoy as our welcome amenity, as well as a voucher for champagne at the bar. Per a friend's recommendation, we ate at the hotel's restaurant VUN which was pricey as well but amazing. Breakfast was good - I only wish they had told us we could have ordered off a menu (instead of just the buffet), but overall a great stay. I look forward to returning on my next stay in Milan.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the street.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
GorkaB127, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having shared with us your impressions!
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, liked the room, our Laura Tonatto amenities and had also the chance to try our VUN restaurant!

Please rest assured that we will take into consideration all your comments in order to improve our offer and the quality of service we deliver.

Gorka Bergareche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Location: by the Galleria shopping mall, easy access to Duomo metro

Room: our room have a view of the Galleria mall.
very spacious dressing room with open closet in the granite bath room area.
if as a business hotel, very little electric socket is a major flaw. Turndown service is great with shutters on the window blocking noises.
bath amenities is excellent. Bed is firm and room is quiet

Service: Excellent check in and concierge service.
Bell and housekeeping are doing a good job.

Restaurant VUN: it was a very quiet night, I was astounded that the manager showed us to a crammed table right by the entrance that I declined. We were not a walk-in, restaurant was not busy. I have no clue. Food was great, especially the Lemon risotto service by the younger server was professional.

PH is a ideal property for shopping and sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yrtx4e
GorkaB127, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you a lot for your kind and detailed review.
We are happy that you were satisfied with our property, with its location and with the service provided bu our staff.
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in not a distant future!

Sincerely yours
Istanbul
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is everything that a traveller, who seeks luxury and great comfort, needs! The service, the rooms, the hotel itself and the location are all great. You feel special and pampered in the city of Milan. This is my second stay there and my only choice in Milan.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GorkaB127, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Maya,

Thank you for your beautiful review!
We are very honored that Park Hyatt Milano is your only choice in Milano and we are very happy that we succeeded in making you feel special!

Sincerely Yours
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The location of this hotel is very central, rooms are clean, staff are friendly and helpful. Doors appear to be made of cardboard. Ask at check in if your room has a connecting door to the adjoining one and if the answer is yes try for a different room - our neighbour arrived home with some friends at 12:30 am one morning and on another occasion had a lovely throat/sinus clearing session at 7 am, all of which was transmitted very clearly into our room through the connecting door. We used GP points and glad as the room would have been expensive for what it was, compared with other similar hotels we stayed in on this trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dweezle2014
GorkaB127, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for your review!

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with our service.
On the other hand, we do apologize and we are sorry if the room assigned was too noisy and we thank you for your useful comment regarding the soundproofing that we will take for sure into consideration in order to take the appropriate measures.

Sincerely yours,
orange county, california
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The 4 stars are really because the aspects that I valued (Pros) went above and beyond what I expected. If I could rate my Pros and Cons separately, I'd give my Pros 5+ stars and my Cons 2 stars.

For context: We stayed for 6 nights in April/May and so I have a fairly good sense of how the hotel met my expectations and standards. We had 2 rooms, 1 deluxe room and 1 junior suite. I'm a Hyatt Diamond member.

Pros:
1. Great location. Right by the shopping, Duomo, and metro.
2. Great restaurant staff. We had breakfast everyday at La Cupola and adored the staff. They really go above and beyond to make sure you have everything you could want (within their ability to control). They don't even bat an eye. One of the members in my party even asked them to make a smoothie with each type of vegetable they had. Weird request at 730am, but they did it and even had it prepared each subsequent morning if she wanted it again.
3. Concierge are super helpful. I made several requests prior to our stay which they happily did, and also held onto a package I had sent to the hotel. They were able to secure reservations, make recommendations and provide information about some activities which didn't have websites. They were super busy, I always saw guests asking them questions, but they were very calm, composed and never forgot me. One day I called them from the room, but no one picked up. Within 2 minutes, they called me, to apologize. They were helping another guest and wanted to know how they could assist me now.
4. Daily water which was very nice to have.
5. As a diamond I received complimentary drink at the bar for 2 which was super nice to have to cap off the end of a day. It also allowed me to check out the Park Bar when otherwise I probably would have skipped it.

Cons
1. The size and quality of a Junior suite is not much different from a deluxe room. We had 310 and 311. The view is terrible (looking at another building), the size is marginally larger (practically negligible), and you don't receive any other perks to warrant the price differential. Perhaps other Junior suites are more different. However, if they offer you 310, just ask for a Deluxe room and save the different in cash, points or whatever currency you are using.
2. Inconsistent housekeeping staff. Every day we received some different toiletries. For example, bath salts were only provided on 2 of 6 days and 4 of 6 days we received soap. Things like this are annoying in a 5* hotel that were charging ~$1000 per day for a junior suite while we were there. I hate having to call down for housekeeping for their oversight. It just left a sour taste in my mouth.
3. The spa and fitness center are super small. It's functional, and I did enjoy my service and attendant, but it doesn't lend itself into spending a "day at the spa" type feeling like other hotel spas do.

Room Tip: 310 is considered a Junior suite, but it's really nothing but a deluxe room and faces a building...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank trvlr80
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review you posted on Tripadvisor.
First of all, I'm very happy to read your nice feedback regarding our concierge and restaurant staff and I will be pleased to relay it to the team!
On the other hand, I'm sorry that you find our housekeeping service inconsistent and I thank you for all your useful comments that I will take for sure into consideration in order to improve our service.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We kicked our honeymoon off with this hotel and were happy with our decision. The location is perfect, within walking distance of the main sites, and the service was top notch. The rooms were nicely designed and the bathrooms were huge, although the main room is a bit cramped. They gave us champagne and pastries when we arrived. Overall a great spot and would stay there again, although the room rate holds it back from being 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jayball4
GorkaB127, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and nice review.
We are pleased to read that you liked our service and our location and we also thank you for your useful comments.

Sincerely Yours
Hong Kong
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Everytime I stay at Park Hyatt Milan, I'm drawn to the scent of its exclusive toiletries by Laura Tonatto. Sure, many hotels offer stylish, comfortable settings, convenient locations and extraordinary helpful concierge, but the scent of Laura Tonatto's toiletries will always remind me of Park Hyatt Milan and the wonderful Italian hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cangon
Dear Madame,

Thank you for your kind review and comments!
We are very happy that you always appreciate our hotel, our hospitality and the fragrance of our bath amenities, created by Laura Tonatto exclusively for Park Hyatt Milano!