“Incredible location but incredibly expensive”
Review of Park Hyatt Milan

Park Hyatt Milan
Ranked #8 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location right next to the Duomo of Milan. The rooms are amazing as is the breakfast. The staff were knowledgeable but not as friendly or helpful as the staff at the Andaz in London where we had stayed 2 nights before coming to Milan. Even though I used points for our stay, I know the rates were somewhere in the range of 550 Euros per night, which worked out to close to 900 dollars per night. I loved the hotel but I did not feel the genuine friendliness that I felt from the Andaz London staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GorkaB127, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review!
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you appreciated our room and breakfast.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back,
Gorka Bergareche

Write a ReviewReviews (1,822)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

An amazing property with truly exceptional personal experience. We spent a total of four days divided in between with a trip to Lake Como. The suite was sizable and well appointed. We let the hotel know ahead of time that we were celebrating our anniversary and they did not disappoint. Sparkling wine and other amenities were waiting in the room upon our arrival.

As a gay couple there was some initial confusion with the staff about the fact that we were indeed a married couple but this was quickly resolved. We certainly recommend the hotel for other gay travelers.

This was our first stay with a Park Hyatt and like other reviewers it will not be our last. We typically stay at Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental properties and the service at the Park Hyatt Milan rivaled anything we have seen at these other properties.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and beautiful review!
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and Anniversary with us and I will be pleased to share your wonderful comments with the entire team!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I knew before staying here that the Park Hyatt would not disappoint. I e-mailed the concierge beforehand to see if they could prepare a small surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I offered to pay for a small cake or whatever they decided to set up. I exchanged a couple of e-mails with Piero, the assistant manager and anxiously waited for our trip to Milan. When we arrived, we were surprised to find our room had been upgraded. When we walked into our room, a little cake, a bottle of sparkling wine, and a card written by Piero with my words were waiting on the table. My boyfriend was already excited about staying at this hotel, but by the time we left, he was already planning the next vacation with Park Hyatt in mind. We really appreciate what the staff, and especially Piero did to make our vacation an even more memorable one. This was our first time staying at the Park Hyatt, but definitely not our last!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GorkaB127, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review!
We are happy that your stay at Park Hyatt Milano exceeded your expectations and your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday with us!

I will be pleased to extend your beautiful comment to Piero and to the entire staff and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Park Hyatt Milan and had amazing service. We were greeted and offered help with our bags the second we walked up to the hotel. Having an awful experience with customer service at Park Hyatt Paris Vendome a few days prior, this was a nice relief :). Everyone that we walked by continuously asked us if we needed help, or said hello. We also received an upgraded room at check in which was beautiful.

We also were given two complimentary drinks since it was our first stay there. After exploring for a bit we decided to take advantage of these and had an excellent glass of champagne. We were also given about 5 or 6 small appetizers and snacks complimentary, which were delicious! The gentleman working the bar was making many drinks that looked amazing, and was also very friendly.

The only issue we had with the stay was minor, but a little annoying. At about midnight our toilet randomly started running, and was pouring water out of it like a waterfall. We tried flushing it a few times to fix it ourselves, but it continued to constantly run. Concerned by how much water was continuously circulating through it, we called the front desk and they sent someone up immediately. After a few minutes of working on it, it seemed to be fixed so the technician apologized (as he did many times prior also) and left. About 10 minutes later, we hear the water pouring out again, so we call back for the technician. He spent a bit longer in there and then was able to get it fixed. We had an early flight the next day, so it was a bit of an inconvenience for this to happen on our last night in Italy-but nowhere can be perfect! We were appreciative of them to get it fixed so quickly, and to be apologetic over it.

Aside from the small mishap, we would definitely recommend this hotel and consider staying again. Great location, great rooms, and great staff!

1  Thank AshC523

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice and detailed review!
I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the service of our staff!
On the other hand, I'm sorry and I do apologize for the mishap with the toilet that I will for sure follow up with the designated Department Head.

I really thank you for your understanding and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

It is impossible that you hear the baby next room. Therefore all rooms/doors have to be renovated ASAP!!!!! Also the rooms are approx 10 years years old and need to be renovated. They are very very dark and the equipment is much too old. Especially the doors are not closing automatically.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank mriebe

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive review and for your useful comments that we will take for sure into consideration.
We are really sorry and I do apologize for the inconvenience experienced regarding the noise.
We confirm you that little by little, according to our occupancy, we are continuosly renovating our property in order to improve our offer and product.

Once again please accept our apologies for not having met your expectations and please do not hesitate to contact directly myself should your travels bring you back to our property.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The location is perfect for both sightseeing and shopping. Right beside the Galleria mall, 2 min walk to Duomo, you can not ask for better. The location is a little bit difficult to find if arriving by car, however fortunately they provide a valet service so you do not have to worry about navigating tight car parks. The staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly the head bellboy.

The room is a good size, but not massive (it is the city centre after all). We travelled with a baby and the room still felt fine, even with the cot. Overall it was an enjoyable stay and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a hotel in Milan.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and positive review.
We are really glad you enjoyed our hotel and appreciated the service of our staff!
It is true that our hotel is not so easy to find but this is due to our central location near the Galleria and Duomo square! In any case our concierge is always at our guest's disposal in order to give any help with car and directions.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Let me start off revealing a bias: I have stayed at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome. I say this because my standard has been elevated by this experience and I expected this hotel to measure up. The is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel and you will be very happy to stay here. But, the customer service isn't quite up to par with what I was shown at their sister property. While pleasant, I was not wowed by anyone. The breakfast waitstaff had an attitude that was very distracted, almost as if we were bothering them by coming down. In Paris, every staff member, whether it be a concierge, bellman or hostess, knew my name as if they game planned every day. I did not get the same quality here It seems like such a petty complaint, and it is, but this is a very expensive 5-star hotel. You already know that the rooms will be nice, the location will be great and you will enjoy your experience.

My complaints stop there. We went to Italy for our 15th wedding anniversary and were given complimentary champagne, truffles and a hand written note from the hotel manager which was extremely thoughtful. Everything else was simply perfection.

Again, this is an excellent hotel and if I could give it 4.5 stars, I would. But, the atmosphere beyond the check-in isn't as welcoming as one would hope for.

1  Thank Spankytoes

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and for staying with us.
I'm happy that you appreciated our hotel and the location, even if I'm really sorry that our costumer service was not upon your expectations. Thank you for sharing with us your comments and feedback as it is crucial for us to improve the level of service that we are committed to deliver.
I sincerely hope that the inconveniences encountered will not affect the trust you have shown toward Park Hyatt Milan, and urge you please not to hesitate to contact me would your travels bring you back to our city in a not too distant future.

Warmest regards