“An Excellent Choice to end our stay in Italy”
Review of Park Hyatt Milan

Park Hyatt Milan
Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Austin, TX
“An Excellent Choice to end our stay in Italy”
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We stayed here for our final 2 nights in Italy and this is truly a fabulous hotel. The location is wonderful, the service is fantastic and the rooms (both public areas and the sleeping room) have a great modern decor. In addition, my girlfriend took advantage of the spa for a massage and gives it an excellent rating as well.

We have also stayed at the Grand Hotel et de Milan on a previous trip (also an excellent hotel), but we will choose the Park Hyatt again for our next visit.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 February 2009

This is the hotel at which all hotels should be measured by! The service, the location, the comfort, and the room were bar none, the top of it's class!! It's a spendy place, but the service you get quickly makes your forget the price.

I had two examples of excellent service. First was when I checked in. Due to my Diamond status at Hyatt, they had planned to upgrade me to a nicer and quieter room. However it wasn't available yet. No worries because it was only 12:30PM. I left my luggage and went to search lunch. I returned 90 mins later and the room was still not available. The Asst Mgr of Guest Services came out of a back room apologized again and offered me a drink and said it would be quick. It was...10 mins and I was escorted to my beautiful room. They provided me with a city guide, maps, and a bottle of wine for my troubles. Troubles??? I could have slept in the lobby...it was that nice!

The second time I was using their computer to make on-going travel arrangements and it froze up. They had a tech person up there in 3 mins (no joke!) to fix it. I came back 30 mins later to use it and the same Asst Mgr (from the previous day) saw me and apologized that the computer not working and my inconvenience. Really??? They had to apologize for this? I work in the I/T area, so I'm used to computers crashing. Needless to say, it was an unnecessary apology, but still appreciated.

They Park Hyatt Milan is an amazing hotel! If it's in your price range, go out of your way to stay here. If my travels bring me back to Milan, I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank WldTvlr
New York, NY
Reviewed 24 January 2009

The Park Hyatt Milan is truly one of the best properties in Milano. Our stay was wonderful and having visited both the Four Seasons and the Bulgari Hotels in Milan, prefer this property over any other. The hotel has a very modern, intimate feel and is in a superb location near the Duomo and the Galleria. Having booked through the American Express Fine Hotels Resorts program, the included amenities are worthwhile and well-delivered.

Staff: I must comment on the entire staff at this property - they are by far extremely friendly and attentive to any needs. Having interacted with numerous general managers and management at various hotels, I can truly say that the GM and top management at this property are by far one of the best that I have ever encountered and their excellent service mentality trickles down to each member of the team. Every individual we encountered was willing to help and provide excellent service. The concierge team was great and arranged many items for us before and during our time in Milano, all without hesitation. Service is a key component to ensure a great stay and this property truly exemplifies excellent standards and hospitality.

Room: We stayed in a "Park Junior Suite" overlooking the inner courtyard of the hotel. The room was modern and extremely spacious and comfortable with a large living area. As other reviewers have mentioned, the bathrooms are excellent, with ours having two sinks, a large tub, and excellent shower. There is also plenty of storage space for your belongings. Rooms are nicely furnished and elegantly modern, as are most Park Hyatt properties.

Restaurant: Food is great overall in the main "Park" restaurant and the bar area as well. Breakfasts in La Cupola were satisfying and include a good selection of food.

This property should not be overlooked when planning a trip to Milano.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EliteTraveler1A
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 January 2009

If I gave five points ratings to some of my previous hotel reports on this site then Park Hyatt Milan deserves at least seven... This place outperforms by all criterias. Location, design, great service, food... Check in extremely smooth, profesionally friendly but discreet at the same time. Room, well, everything has been said in other reviews. We got a corner room with Galleria view which was great, with very high ceilings. And looking through windows at people shopping and strolling by boutiques in it was just what we expected from Milan. We went there for honeymoon and the hotel provided us with a bottle of Spumante and great flower arrangement. Wow. Food both through room service as well as in restaurant excellent and again accompanied with great service. We definitely recommend this place for everyone looking for discreet and elegant luxury. It was our first ever park hyatt experience and we are looking forward for the next one.

• Liked — simply everything
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank travelalot2
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 23 December 2008

I have stayed several times in this hotel and it was great all the time. Location is great as it is just near to the Duomo. Rooms are great as the windows face the interior patio (you have to ask for these rooms). So you hear nothing from the terrible Milan traffic. The bathroom is huge and plenty of space to store things. The little gym is nice as there is no one. And after you have the hammam to relax. Breakfast is excellent although they do not have good bread. Good croissant yes, but not good bread.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sophie_In_Taipei
Reviewed 18 December 2008

We stayed at the hotel for a two night weekend redeeming our Faster Free nights. The location is superb, right in the middle of Milan. The room design was nice, lots of space, and the bathroom almost larger than the room. We particularly liked the in-built stone benches in the bathroom. Plenty of space for your carry-on. The staff were superb throughout the stay be it assigning a corner room, granting a late checkout or recommending good restaurant or obtaining La Scala tickets. The lower level of the hotel had a small gym and steam room. Overall it's a wonderful hotel. The experience was much enhanced by the friendly staff who are not arrogant at all like in PH Paris for example. If you can afford it, then Park Hyatt Milan is absolutely the place to stay!

• Liked — Location, Staff
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilzeppelin
Laguna Beach, CA
Reviewed 17 November 2008

My husband and I were traveling to Italy for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Park Hyatt for 1 night using points. Even though we used points they still upgraded us to a suite. This hotel is top notch. The location could not be any better to the Duomo and the La Scala. You walk right into the Galleria from the lobby. The bathroom was huge with a spa style tub. The staff was also amazing, the concierge assisted with our train tickets and restaurant recommendations. The only draw back was the noise from the street but that was worth it for the amenities and location of the hotel. I used to work for the Hyatt and can say that the service is above and beyond that of any other Hyatt I have stayed at before.

• Liked — Location and amenities!
  • Disliked — Noise from the street
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple