“Another fantastic stay at the Park Hyatt Milan”
Review of Park Hyatt Milan

Park Hyatt Milan
Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Paris, France
“Another fantastic stay at the Park Hyatt Milan”
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I stay at the Park Hyatt Milan several times a year and my latest stays were as fantastic as the previous ones.

The service, as always, was impeccable. From the front desk to the Concierge to the bellhops the hotel is truly exceptional and exemplary in its standards of quality.

There is only one area (which can be easily remedied) I've noticed is lacking. The carpet in the rooms during both stays (now a few years after opening) were a bit musty and in need of a deep cleaning. Hence my colleague and I both had some mite allergy issues.

Nonetheless it is one of my favorite hotels in the world. Amazing.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
new york
Reviewed 28 April 2009

Park Hyatt Milan is the best hotel in Milan! I have been to Milan many times, and stayed at various hotels, but none of them can compare to Park Hyatt Milan. The location is perfect, just steps to the Duomo and the famous shopping triangle! The hotel is modern and chic. Excellent restaurant (The Park) and bar (Dehors- outside seating with a view of the famous gallery!! We had beautiful sunny days while we were there, which made it perfect!). Service cannot be beat, the hotel staff is wonderful. Do not miss the Spa! High quality, professional service and incredible spa treatments. A dream come true. I can't wait to go back!!

Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Serena_Ferraresi, public relation at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 20 May 2009
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this beautiful comment about our hotel and Spa.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to sharing our time with you again.

With our warmest regards,
The Management
London, UK
Reviewed 14 April 2009

This is indeed an excellent hotel. The location is superb - right at the Galleria - and the service excellent, as it should really be in every hotel, shouldn't it? By Italian standards is a different world, altogether, in term s of courtesy and service from the people who work there. The design is also elegant, functioning and welcoming. The rooms simply wonderful. It is an ideal "hideout" for a very special moment. But it does come with a heavy price. The price you would pay for a night is a small fortune in many parts of the world, and could save the lives of thousands (no exaggeration, just and unfortunate reality). Similarly, food, bar and breakfast prices are from another planet, with, of course, the quality of the food and service to match. (However, I could not say the same about the food stains on the carpet and the coffee stains on the night-table)
If money is irrelevant in your lifestyle, or someone else in paying, or if you want to celebrate a *very* special occasion, this is "the" place for you in Milan. Or you may just want to have a second thought of what your money deserves to be spent on, and how much it may be just too much.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julia_george
Austin, TX
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We stayed here for our final 2 nights in Italy and this is truly a fabulous hotel. The location is wonderful, the service is fantastic and the rooms (both public areas and the sleeping room) have a great modern decor. In addition, my girlfriend took advantage of the spa for a massage and gives it an excellent rating as well.

We have also stayed at the Grand Hotel et de Milan on a previous trip (also an excellent hotel), but we will choose the Park Hyatt again for our next visit.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 February 2009

This is the hotel at which all hotels should be measured by! The service, the location, the comfort, and the room were bar none, the top of it's class!! It's a spendy place, but the service you get quickly makes your forget the price.

I had two examples of excellent service. First was when I checked in. Due to my Diamond status at Hyatt, they had planned to upgrade me to a nicer and quieter room. However it wasn't available yet. No worries because it was only 12:30PM. I left my luggage and went to search lunch. I returned 90 mins later and the room was still not available. The Asst Mgr of Guest Services came out of a back room apologized again and offered me a drink and said it would be quick. It was...10 mins and I was escorted to my beautiful room. They provided me with a city guide, maps, and a bottle of wine for my troubles. Troubles??? I could have slept in the lobby...it was that nice!

The second time I was using their computer to make on-going travel arrangements and it froze up. They had a tech person up there in 3 mins (no joke!) to fix it. I came back 30 mins later to use it and the same Asst Mgr (from the previous day) saw me and apologized that the computer not working and my inconvenience. Really??? They had to apologize for this? I work in the I/T area, so I'm used to computers crashing. Needless to say, it was an unnecessary apology, but still appreciated.

They Park Hyatt Milan is an amazing hotel! If it's in your price range, go out of your way to stay here. If my travels bring me back to Milan, I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank WldTvlr
New York, NY
Reviewed 24 January 2009

The Park Hyatt Milan is truly one of the best properties in Milano. Our stay was wonderful and having visited both the Four Seasons and the Bulgari Hotels in Milan, prefer this property over any other. The hotel has a very modern, intimate feel and is in a superb location near the Duomo and the Galleria. Having booked through the American Express Fine Hotels Resorts program, the included amenities are worthwhile and well-delivered.

Staff: I must comment on the entire staff at this property - they are by far extremely friendly and attentive to any needs. Having interacted with numerous general managers and management at various hotels, I can truly say that the GM and top management at this property are by far one of the best that I have ever encountered and their excellent service mentality trickles down to each member of the team. Every individual we encountered was willing to help and provide excellent service. The concierge team was great and arranged many items for us before and during our time in Milano, all without hesitation. Service is a key component to ensure a great stay and this property truly exemplifies excellent standards and hospitality.

Room: We stayed in a "Park Junior Suite" overlooking the inner courtyard of the hotel. The room was modern and extremely spacious and comfortable with a large living area. As other reviewers have mentioned, the bathrooms are excellent, with ours having two sinks, a large tub, and excellent shower. There is also plenty of storage space for your belongings. Rooms are nicely furnished and elegantly modern, as are most Park Hyatt properties.

Restaurant: Food is great overall in the main "Park" restaurant and the bar area as well. Breakfasts in La Cupola were satisfying and include a good selection of food.

This property should not be overlooked when planning a trip to Milano.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank EliteTraveler1A
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 23 January 2009

If I gave five points ratings to some of my previous hotel reports on this site then Park Hyatt Milan deserves at least seven... This place outperforms by all criterias. Location, design, great service, food... Check in extremely smooth, profesionally friendly but discreet at the same time. Room, well, everything has been said in other reviews. We got a corner room with Galleria view which was great, with very high ceilings. And looking through windows at people shopping and strolling by boutiques in it was just what we expected from Milan. We went there for honeymoon and the hotel provided us with a bottle of Spumante and great flower arrangement. Wow. Food both through room service as well as in restaurant excellent and again accompanied with great service. We definitely recommend this place for everyone looking for discreet and elegant luxury. It was our first ever park hyatt experience and we are looking forward for the next one.

• Liked — simply everything
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family