“Amazing hotel in a beautiful city!”
Review of Park Hyatt Milan

Park Hyatt Milan
Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Seattle
“Amazing hotel in a beautiful city!”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My husband and I had a blissful stay here our last night in Italy! From the moment we arrived until we departed the service was impeccable. Our room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. We had a late night dinner in the bar after seeing Aida at La Scala. The food and service were great. When we make it back to Milan we will definitely stay at the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Ceccherelli, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 13 July 2009
Dear Sirs,
thank you very much for your wonderful comments that with pleasure I will extend to all my staff.
It has been a great pleasure and we look forward to your next stay.
Warmest regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Maspeth, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We've just returned from a week long stay in Milan at the Park Hyatt and have nothing but great memories from both the city and hotel. This hotel lives up to the high standards we've come to expect from Park Hyatt's. From the moment we arrived until we left the service and quality were first class.
We arrived early (10AM) and waited a short while for our room, but were offered breakfast while we waited. Check-in was quick and efficient. All service, from entry to concierge and house staff were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were as large as you'll find in all of Italy. High ceilings, beautiful marble all around and nice lighting options for different moods. We looked forward to coming back to our rooms after the turn down service because they do a great job of welcoming you home. The TV could have a better selection for English speaking guests since all there was is news and one movie channel and it could be larger or closer to the bed since it is far from the bed for regular viewing. We made due with some movies from home and using the small living room closer to the TV. But that's a minor complaint.
As everyone else notes, the location can't be beat. Walk out the front entrance and you are steps from the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele and the Piazza del Duomo. Also a short walk or cab/train ride to all the best sites to see. You are in the middle of it all when you stay at the Park Hyatt Milano. Immediately into the hustle and bustle of this great city.
We didn't utilize the spa or eat at the hotel as we chose to venture out at all times. Breakfast was quick and efficient and got us on our way each day with no delay. The bar outside was nice for a late night drink before heading back to the room.
The Park Hyatt Milano is everything you'd expect from a First Class accommodation. If it's within your budget, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamesL.
Ceccherelli, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 25 June 2009
Dear Mr. James L.,
we would like to thank you very much for your so kind words and compliments.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with our services.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2009

This place impressed me and if I had to give out awards for best city hotel, it would be a top nominee. I was upgraded to a terrace suite which is basically a junior suite with a terrace. I preferred the room service menu to the dining room menu and dinner on the terrace with the duomo in the background at sunset was one of those travel brochure moments lacking only a companion to enjoy it with. Room decoration was impeccable and beyond the normal stuff you see in hotels in terms of architecture and furniture without being overtrendy. The bathroom was truly luxurious. I think this junior suite was about 850 square feet which is oversized for this category. Breakfast buffet could be more sumptuous but it is adequate. Location is excellent just off the Galleria. What is the most important thing here is that the staff really looks after the guests more so than usual and they are really driven to provide top level service. Concierges are excellent. I had a situation where my room key expired due to a late check out and instead of just giving me a replacement room key, a man came upstairs, ran ahead of me down the hallway, to kick butt and get the door opened for me so that no more of my time would be wasted. I thought that was pretty impressive. Same guy consistently smiled everytime he walked through the lobby and saw somebody. He looked Indian or Asian subcontinent; I never got his name but I guarantee you he gets employee of the month sometime this year. I think the hotel is really hitting hard on trying to provide a high level of boutique service without grating on people and my guess is that the hotel is managing to impress its guests. This was my first Park Hyatt experience and I would have to respect this brand much more than I had previously expected.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank 649ic
Ceccherelli, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 22 June 2009
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are pleased to read that you experienced a travel brochure moment having dinner on our terrace! The kind words regarding our staff is music to my ears. Providing top level service to our guests is our number one priority. Thank you again for the compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Milan very soon.
Warmest Regards
Seattle
Reviewed 12 June 2009

This was my first time at the Park Hyatt and I came away very, very impressed. The hotel itself (apart from a somewhat limited and plain lobby) is fantastic. I was upgraded and the room was impeccably appointed and large - even much larger than your standard American size hotel room. The location is perfect, literally steps from the Galleria and just around the corner from the Duomo. But most impressive for me was the service. They were extremely friendly to the person and always willing to help and assist however needed. Tough to highlight every interaction but my impression coming away was this was the best service I've ever encountered in any hotel I've stayed in.

Given how "perfect" everything was, and the obvious attention to detail they have, I was surprised the bathroom sink didn't drain properly at all. It was really, really clogged and I'd have thought they wouldn't leave it in that condition but that's a relatively small issue.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank PatrickSea
Ceccherelli, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 16 June 2009
Dear Mr. Sea,
thank you very much for your kind words and compliments which are the best we can receive.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with our service.
Furthermore, we would like to thank you very much for your suggestions, which help us to continuously improve our standards.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 5 June 2009

I stayed in the Junior Suite of the Park Hyatt on 2 separate occasions and found them to be of the highest standards both times. The concierge service is fantastic and we managed to get tables booked at Nobu at very short notice.

Did not really sample the F&B outlets but the room service food after a long night out was very good.
Since it is in the heart of the city, it is very accessible and close to all the major hangout areas. Would definitely recommend the place.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I had an extremely nice stay at this hotel for 2 nights in May, as I was in town to see a performance at La Scala. The location is incredible, steps away from the Galleria and the Duomo. The check-in was handled so nicely, with such kindness and interest from the staff. The lobby area is uninteresting and small, and the breakfast buffet just so-so. The rooms were in very nice condition, but the decor is not really to my taste--comprised mainly of travertine and mirrors, which struck me as a somewhat dated, even slightly tacky, aesthetic. But it's nonetheless comfortable and luxurious and the service is just what you'd want from a five-star hotel. I stayed at the Bulgari last year, and while the design of the rooms there was more tasteful and contemporary than at the Park Hyatt, I absolutely hated my stay at the Bulgari, where the service was rude and unhelpful, the room configured oddly, and product placement taking precedence over comfort and luxury. So I'd pick the Park Hyatt as by far the better hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank DaneP
Ceccherelli, Direttore Generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 3 June 2009
Dear Mr. Dane P.,
thank you very much for your kind compliments which are the best we can receive.
I am very happy and proud that you have enjoyed your stay at the Park Hyatt Milano and we very much hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
General Manager Park Hyatt Milano
Paris, France
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I stay at the Park Hyatt Milan several times a year and my latest stays were as fantastic as the previous ones.

The service, as always, was impeccable. From the front desk to the Concierge to the bellhops the hotel is truly exceptional and exemplary in its standards of quality.

There is only one area (which can be easily remedied) I've noticed is lacking. The carpet in the rooms during both stays (now a few years after opening) were a bit musty and in need of a deep cleaning. Hence my colleague and I both had some mite allergy issues.

Nonetheless it is one of my favorite hotels in the world. Amazing.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business