“Flawless”

Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Rome, Italy
“Flawless”
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Just spent a night at the Park Hyatt Milan and all I can say is: great.

Perfect service. Spotless room, corridors. Everything is flawless and smells divine. Every single staff member will salute you. The restaurant has very good food: inventive Italian food far from bolognese sauce, tomato sauce, ragout and fritatte. The lobby restaurant and perfect for a quick tasty bite. I had 15 mn for lunch, I ordered a artichoke salad and, as promised, all was served, eaten and paid within 15 mn. And I'm still dreaming of that salad now for it was fantastic! I had in room breakfast. It was "just" ok. The croissant were dry and not freshly baked in the hotel obviously. The rest was good like the amazing marmalade.

The rooms have high ceiling. They're very intimate maybe too intimate due to the very soft lighting (in the room and everywhere) I could understand people who'd not like it. It is top notch furniture and deco design. My room (junior or exec suite) was very relaxing and the huge bathroom was as big as the bedroom itself. The only down side is that there's no closet. Just hangers in the bathroom. Don't go with lots of cloths or you might have a problem even to store the suitcases. The TV are not flat screen, they're old B&O. Some pieces of furniture like the chairs could need a little bit of a "rejuvenation".

All this perfection comes with a price of course but 5* hotel in Italy are always very expensive but in poor conditions, living on their reputation. The Park Hyatt is one of the few exceptions with the Eden in Rome.

If you can afford to stay at the Park Hyatt Milan, go for it. If you like classic perfect 5* hotels, go for the Grand hotel et de Milan.

Again, this hotel is great.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 30 June 2010
Dear Sir,
we would like to thank you very much for your wonderful comments but also for your useful remarks.
We are very happy and proud that you liked the hotel, our location and particularly our service and this is surely the best compliments for a Hotel Manager.I am very sorry if the croissants were dry and I will speak with the pastry chef but I want also assure you that they are made by the hotel. Unfortunatelly this time not very well. As far as the B&O TV, we would like to inform you that we have already started to change with a flat and bigger screen.
Looking forward to welcoming you again,
warmest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 11 June 2010

After reading the reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor, I knew I had to stay here on my recent trip to Italy with my two college-age nieces. I used all the Hyatt Gold Passport points I had to stay here one night since I couldn't have afforded their usual rates. It was worth every point and then some! From the moment we arrived, we were welcomed like royalty! The room was fantastic and the bathroom was bigger than most of the rooms in my townhouse. The location can't be beat, and the service is impeccable. We stayed here on our first night of 12 in Italy and every other place we stayed paled in comparison. I hope to return someday, and I would recommend this hotel without hesitation to anyone visiting Milano!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Ceccherelli, Direttore generale at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 22 July 2010
Dear Sir,

We really thank you for the splendid words describing the Park Hyatt Milano and we are happy
to know that we will remain in the memories of you and your nieces.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you and your family back in a near future.

Warmest regards,
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 10 June 2010

First time in Milan and could not have chosen a better place to stay. Spacious room and bathroom, nice minimalistic decor. Great service, the concierge gentlemen were all very knowledgeable and their restaurant recommendations were all excellent. Very good location, within " steps" of the Duomo and shopping areas.

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you very much for your kind comments on our hotel and our staff.

We will share your words with the concierge team and we look forward to welcoming you
again at Park Hyatt Milano and make your next stay even more pleasant.

Warmest regards,
New York
Reviewed 2 June 2010

This hotel just keeps getting better and better. Service, staff, rooms, location, food, amenities are among the best I've experienced. Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Milan. Wherever I stay when leaving Milan is always a let down after a few days at the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Dear Sir,
we would like to sincerely thank you for the wonderful words that are the best compliments for us and that encourage us to constantly try to improve the level of our service.
We look already to your next visit.
Warmest regards
Herts, England
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Excellent hotel in a marvelous location. Most of the important sights are within easy walking distance - the Duomo and Galleria Vittorio a few minutes away. All of the staff were efficient , helpful and friendly. We were given a 'welcome' bottle of wine.Very helpful concierge booked a table for us at a great .traditional trattoria .We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, but had breakfast in our room, which arrived on time and was very good. Having booked a deluxe ,I found the room slightly disappointing - lacking the wow factor. Also the modern styling was not to my taste - but that is a personal view.Overall the hotel was very quiet - with the exception of some kind of extraction unit on the roof opposite our room which was quite noticable at night. We were on the 6th floor - so perhaps a lower floor would be better.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Ceccherelli, Direttore at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 28 May 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our property, which are the best complimets for all of us.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmest regards from Park Hyatt Milan,
Claudio Ceccherelli
United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I have just spent 3 nights 4 days at the Park Hyatt in Milan and had the most wonderful time. The hotel is wonderful and the staff all outstanding in their manner, efficiency and kindness. I couldnt have experienced a better hotel. My husband and I will definitely visit Milan again and definitely stay at the Park Hyatt, I cannot fault it.

Dear Guest,

I woul like to thank you for your kind compliments about Park Hyatt Milan.
I'm very please to know we have satisfied you with our service.

I'm looking forward to giving you our welcome in a near future.

My best regards,
Claudio Ceccherelli
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We chose the Park Hyatt (we were also considering the Bulgari and Four Seasons) after reading Trip Advisor reviews, and after reviewing rates. It was our first trip to Milan, and we wanted to go shopping, sightseeing, and dining, all with a small child and older parent in tow. The location was great. A short cab ride from the train station, it allowed us to stop by hotel during the day, or to have a late start. Service is excellent - the concierge remembered an earlier request for tickets to the Last Supper (and hooked us up when there was a cancellation), we got late checkout, they accommodated our request for adjoining rooms (which, sadly, did not work out as the previous occupant had smoked in a non-smoking room, but then they gave us a choice of other rooms), and the little one was given a cute welcome gift. The rooms are a good size, particularly for European hotels, with high ceiliengs, and tastefully appointed. The spa was under renovation, but their temporary accommodation was fine, and I have a very good facial. The lobby cafe is delicious (and great for people watching). This is our choice for our return visit.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jolielaide
Ceccherelli, General Manager at Park Hyatt Milan, responded to this review, 22 March 2010
Dear Sir,
we would like to thank you very much for your wonderful words that are the best compliments for all of us. We are really very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look already forward to your next visit.
Warmest regards