“the 'straf': my home in Milan...”

STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™
Ranked #58 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I had the chance to stay at the 'straf' 3 times recently, and always enjoyed it very much. I love the style of the hotel, very 'design' and with an admirable search for the detail.
I love its position, close to the Duomo and easily convenient both by subway (2 lines) and other means of transportation.also, in a fantastic area if you like both art and shopping.
I love its staff: extremely professional, young and full of enthusiasm.when I stay there I ask the reception about swimming pool, locations etc. and they are always answering with precision and a nice smile on their face.
I love its breakfast. which is varied and satisfies all...
I love the wonderful necklaces made in Mali and sold for charity. wonderful idea, really!
when I go to Milano, I would never stay somewhere else!
thanks to all...and see you next time!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank marikendo
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Dear Serandrei,

I want to thank you again for the lovely words left, it is nice being appreciated in that way, it give power and makes feel better at the end of the day.

We all in chorus want to share with you our success and once more being glad for the review.

Grazie Mille

There are newer reviews for STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™

Reviewed 18 May 2011

When traveling for leisure I do my best to match the Hotel with the overall feel of the area while keeping commute to a minimum. Hotel Straf was a great choice for Milan. The hotel's location is perfect for touring Highlights the city has to offer and the sculptural feel of the hotel echoed the vibrancy of Milan.
The Location is perfect and the boutique hotel atmosphere makes the stay feel private.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

Dear RLNYtravel,

Thank you very much for the pretty suggestion sent, it is nice to hearing and being considere in the way you did.

Hopefully to meeting you again and again and welcoming you personally, we remain

all my best to you

Reviewed 14 May 2011

We stayed one night at the Hotel Straf during the Easter weekend and had a great time.

The location of this hotel is perfect: close to the main tourist attractions, and close to the shopping district.... Rooms are comfortable in a modern and sparse kind of way, and the bathroom is very special. I can understand if the design of the hotel isn't everyone's cup of tea (minimal, concrete, copper, industrial tones,..) but we liked it, esp. for a city trip.

Certainly pass by the hotel bar! We discovered that they offer complementary canapes after 5pm, a very nice gesture. Take a seat on the window ledge (not to worry, there are cushions), it's a perfect spot for people watching.

One other thing about this hotel, service: very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

very hip, great staff, really close to culture and shopping, what else do you need in Milan? oh yes, breakfast was delicious
Rolf MB Paris

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

Dear Rodolphe,

thank you very much for the positive suggestion, I will share your gratitude with all my staff.

I look forward to welcoming you personally, if you might let me know, we remain

best regards

Reviewed 25 March 2011

I just spent 1 night there but staff was very friendly and efficient. Room service and housekeeping were great and quick. Girls at reception were hepful and very kind. Superior Room Decoration was original but I had no view. Not a big issue as I was on business trip and needed something quiet. Location is great.

• Stayed: March 2011
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2011

Dear Boly,

thank you very much again, I have been looking at your pictures during your business travels and I have seen very chic and beautiful hotelrooms, an huge lobby.

Receiving a compliment of yours, it has a lovely gratification, therefore me and my staff are sharing it, with pleasent gratitude.

Hopefully you will be visiting us once again, and with the hopeness to meeting you personally, please allow me to inviute you and thanking you one more time.

Best regards

Reviewed 19 March 2011

After reading reviews of hotels near el Duomo cathedral I picked the Straf and wasn't disappointed. Its only 20metres to the square where the magnificent cathedral is situated.
No restaurant in the hotel, but there's many to choose from only metres from the front door. Very friendly staff and a real boutique feel to the rooms/reception area.
Struggled a bit with the hi-tech room lock & light switches were hard to identify, but only a minor inconvenience. Great breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Dear Paperchasing,

thank you very much for sharing with us suggestions and feeling,
we want to thank you very mch one more time to giving value to
tripadvisors reviews, therefore we should be pleased to having
catched your attention.

We are going to put much more attention, more and more to
increase our services and his value, to satisfy repetares guest and making
the all possible to fidelize other guests.

Thank you once again, if you will have the chance to come over again,
please try to call me and ask about me, I will fell happy to organise
your stay in Milano.

Grazie mille

Reviewed 13 March 2011

Stayed here for two nights in room 510 on the 5th floor. On Friday night the bar is very happening and some noise/music can be heard, but nothing too ridiculous. We were upgraded to one of the aromatherapy rooms with the massage chair, with a white bathroom set and copper coloured shower and walls - no bathtub in these rooms. The bed was large enough and there is a small TV in the corner.

We received good service from the front desk staff although I wouldn't necessarily recommend their choice for dinner (Il Coriandolo as we found the food and service there not to match the prices). Also, the breakfast room is a bit small as mentioned in several reviews and not easy for the staff to keep the tables clean and turned around quickly.

However, overall given the location, interesting design and if you are able to get a good rate at this hotel I would recommend Straf for a weekend break in Milan.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Dear SixtyDays,

I feel pleased receiving your feed back, I took it with me for a daily breafing with all my staff,
it has been a proficent example to do not making mistakes again and pay much more attention
on details.

I deeply understand about the disappointment for a wrong restaurant choise, probably it did not
meet your expectation, but for sure we will try to carefully check with our guests about restaurants feed back.

Hopefully you will keeping a good remind about us and forgetting what you did not await, please, let's get in touch for a future reservations, if you might think to come over again.

I look forward to hearing from you again, we remain

best regards