“stylish place right next to Duomo and shopping malls”

STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™
Ranked #55 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Very nice location - few steps from the Duomo metro station and right beside the Duomo of Milan as well as all the hifi shopping centers surrounding it (Galleria Vittoro Emannuelle is right next to the hotel). The La Rinescante on the other side of the hotel has some good restaurants in the top floor. We also managed to walk to Santa Maria delle Grazie church (to see Da Vinci's Last Supper) from the hotel although you may also take the metro or tram.

Hotel staff was quite helpful and efficient. The rooms are quite dark, hip and modern (as others have stated) which I think went well with Milan's reputation as a capital of the designer fashion world. We didn't have any problem with noise from the street. Free wifi worked pretty well and the breakfast was decent but nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I arrived in Milan one day late because of torrential rains in the NYC area. This caused huge delays and I missed my flight to Milan. I e-mailed the Straf and told them about my dilemma. My travel agent also called them. I was hoping that they would not charge me for the one night when it was impossible to get there. The Straf said that this was not possible because I had prepaid in order to get a better rate.
When I finally arrived and was checking in, I again asked them if there was something they could do, because it was not my fault. They were very polite but refused. I told them I was very disappointed and that their decision was not customer friendly. If they had offered a dinner or bar vouchers, I would have been satisfied..but nothing.
The staff was very friendly, the bar was fun and the hotel is very stylish, but, because of this, I would not return or recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 August 2013

If you are hot and happening (just kidding) you will love is hotel. The location is excellent, one step and you are at the cathedral or the vittorio galleria so you can literally shop until closingtime. At night you can enjoy the wonderful Milan city vibe without having to travel by subway or bus. I could not fault anything in this hotel. Maybe the vibrating chair in our room was not too much special and maybe style won over comfort in the rooms, but if you want a taste of Milan at its best, that is fashion, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This very modern and stylish hotel is located on a side street just meters away from the Duomo, which saves you time when you like us only had 2 days to explore the city for the first time. Close to typical touristic but "must see" places like the Vittorio Emanuel Galleria and the big Cathedral as well as a lot of shopping. With the close by underground one can easily get to other parts of the city when the crowds get tiring.
The hotel was a refuge - a very designed refuge with good air con, which was much appreciated on the really hot days in July that we were there. Our room on the 4th floor was very quiet, not disturbed by the bar on the ground floor. We only noticed it on the day 2...
Since the design is very minimalistic and smart, you get to look around a bit for things you need like the hairdryer - but most things are there - just hidden.
The staff was very friendly and helpful both at the reception and in the breakfast restaurant - and it was no problem for us to check in early. We had told upfront that we would come early - but were surprised that we actually got access to our room directly. The breakfast buffet had a small but good selection of food and everything was very fresh.
Only negative to say - in the time and age of electronic devices; it was difficult to find the electric outlets to charge phones, tablets etc Eventually we found it, but they were well hidden far under a table/shelf - not very accessible.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just a step away from the Grande Arcade and the wonderful cathedral. Sits in a quiet street with a very noisy bar, which does not disturb, a discreet and perfect place to explore Central Milan. Lovely rooms, unusual but extremely tasteful decoration. Staff cannot do enough for you with all the answers to many questions. No parking, but they park your car (for a price!). Perfectly good breakfast with fresh fruit, cheese etc. and intimate feel. Thoroughly recommend

Room Tip: Worth going one upgrade for the extra space
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotel, is really nice, and the location can't be beat! I just have a few things to complain about;
They have tried really hard here to live up to the style label that comes with Milan, like REALLY hard. And it looks great! But it seems bathroom towel racks are NOT stylish, there was one in the bathroom, over the toilet, which was not practical, and a couple of hooks on the door but otherwise an ineffective space to use.
And while i applaud them for their "we are saving the environment by making you use a bulk buy shampoo and conditioner" I actually enjoy a selection of luxury packets that i can use and then pocket the rest to use in the gym or whatever, it's a perk of booking a luxury hotel.
The continental breakfast was also very ordinary. But I guess it was good for me to be forced to eat just a bowel of cereal considering the over-indulgence that would happen at every other meal.
There were also mosquitoes in my room, i guess they came in in the air conditioning, but they weren't in my other Milan hotel.
We also booked a First supper package which they screwed up and we didn't end up doing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flien1980
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Excellent location. Could see the duomo from our window. Ultra modern rooms with comfortable beds and soaking tub in bathroom. Hotel bar has happy hour with DJ at curb so literally a party in the street. Fun for adults but maybe not appropriate for families with small children.

• Stayed: July 2013