STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™
  • Room Service
Park Hyatt Milan(Milan)
  • Pool
1,253 results
All reviewsmassage chairstraf bargreat locationdepartment storela rinascentepopular barlight switcheshotel bar iscool hotelbreakfast roomduomo cathedralcentral locationshopping arearooms are smallcentre of milancroissantsstylish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2010

A bit expensive, but you save time and money thanks to very central location (Piazza del Duomo). Located in the most famous shopping area in Milan.
BAr very famous for apero especially on thursday
service is always very good and friendly.
breakfast is not very big, but enough. taxi service to malpensa available

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dell3581
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2010

Dear Dell 3581,

we want thank you very much for your short but intensive suggestions. We are happy in deed sharing genuine compliments.

Please just inform us, if you wish to come back again, it will be our pleasure to welcoming you all together, having you back at your proply home in Milano.

We wish you all the Best.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

Truly amazing location next to the Duomo and the 8 stories of retail worship that is the Rinascente design department store. Excellent shopping and sightseeing base with trendy but friendly bar that joins in the great happy hour buffet tradition. This is the ultimate "marmite" hotel as it courageously carries on the "soft brutalist" aesthetic that works so well in the reception, meeting and breakfast rooms into the bedrooms too. In terms of design this is the most interesting / modern design hotel I have ever stayed in and I found it really fascinating. However it's not for everyone and in places sacrifices comfort to design. Maybe it's just me but I felt a bit odd about the black bathroom suite and the bed / sheets etc were not that comfortable and the smell of oxidising metal not that appealing. Having said that the service and staff were first class and the breakfasts were great and included. If you are an architect or have an interest in design I recommend staying here. If you are looking for somewhere zen comfortable I might think twice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2010

Dear EntrepeneurGirl,

grazie mille, we would like to convert "the odd feeling" you felt in the black bathroom, the bed sheets in a positive remind, even if we are feeling happy in generally, for the nice words you found for us.

We would like to share with you a sightseeing in the hotel and showing you, also othe room's typologie, finding the right one for you.

I am glad to share the rest of the compliments with all my staff, and I hope to meeting you again, trying to improving in our standard and giving you the attention you require in deed.

Looking forward to hearing as soon from you, please contact me once you decide to coming back to Milano.

max

Reviewed 29 August 2010

The location was great. The atmosphere was great. The rooms were large and confortable. The staff was friendly and spoke english. It was clean and airconditioned!

The breakfast was enjoyable. On the last morning we checked out at 3:30 am, they had some food items for us to take. That was nice.

The free computer use in the sitting area was thumbs up for the kids.
I would reccommed to stay here. Its plain yet unique in appearance.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

Dear Lari77,

thank you for very much for the nice comment left, I have shared you congratulations with all my staff.

We hope to meeting you here again and personally, it would be amazing, if you could send me a mail, giving me other suggestions or advices to improve our standards.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in Milano for your next time, I remain

Best regards

Reviewed 10 August 2010

Very nice and trendy hotel, great location but the staff lacked of customer service which is crucial for this hotel since it is very minimalistic and has a cold vibe. Very indifferent with guests, staff look like they are selected for their looks more than anything else. The "apperitivo" at the bar is great and has a nice crowd. Overall ok....

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank LondonTraveller85
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2010

Dear Londoner Trvaveller85,

thank you very much for the comment left, we will take your advice, checking all single questions in future matters, personalising service.

It would be nice talking directly with you and see where we missed in our attention, care and showing lackness in personality. I would like to inviting you in writing me and informing me about that, since overall the comments left are good and satisfactory.

I will look forward to hearing and waiting for your @mail, it will be for me helpfull, for the moment, I am thanking you once again for the time shared with us, hopefully you will come back to Milano again, if you wish to come over for a drink, I am and we are pleased to wedlcoming you always...

Reviewed 19 July 2010

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Straf. The overall design of the hotel is beautiful, as was our room. The location is perfect and the bar has great music and aperitivi. The staff (in particular the reception staff) are extremely friendly and helpful. We had a minor issue that was swiftly and personally dealt with by the general manager Max. This level of customer care is a rarity and was greatly appreciated, it quickly negated the tiny complaint that we had. I would like to personally thank Max and all of his staff for a wonderful stay in a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
StrafHD, Direttore at STRAFhotel | a Member of Design Hotels™, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2010

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Gattino,

I would like to express my sincerest thank you very much for your support. I have shared your gratitude with all my staff.

We hope to see you soon in Milano, I will be waiting for your @mail to reserve personally and dedicating some time for you!

Grazie Mille.