“Friendliest staff, real luxury hotel”

Bulgari Hotel Milano
Ranked #17 of 428 Hotels in Milan
New York
“Friendliest staff, real luxury hotel”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here after having reserved the Four Seasons where we always stay when we come to Milan to shop. At the FS, they acted like they had done us a huge favor with a "triple upgrade" to an awful suite - bedroom up a flight of stairs, living room fold-out sofa down the stairs (for me and my 2 adult sons) and then a bathroom down 2 more flights of stairs. I told them they were crazy if they thought I would walk down 3 flights of stairs at night to use the bathroom. Bathroom was large, but no doors btw spaces so very difficult for 3 people to use.They claimed they had nothing else where they wouldn't have to move us after a day. I told them to call the Bulgari where they were told they only had a huge suite for 3300Euros. I asked my son to call the Bulgari directly.They offered us that suite for 1500 Euros, then move us next day to a beautiful room for 800 Euros (including breakfast) and they would take care of everything! Couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We moved there immediately. Not quite as convenient for shopping as FS, but almost, and nicest staff ever. Beautiful rooms and public space! Bathroom had doors dividing separate spaces making it very convenient for 3 of us getting ready at same time. A package that was delivered for us was sent to wrong room, so they took full responsibility and sent it to us in the U.S.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Surrey
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel in Milan twice, with good reason. It is without doubt a wonderful place for a seasoned traveller. The staff are extremely helpful and the location is second to none. Close enough to the shopping district but nicely and unobtrusively tucked away from view.
The only downside to this hotel is the size of the rooms..just a fraction too small for my liking, but wonderfully decorated in a minimalist style.
Turndown service is always exciting because one knows not which Bvlgari mini perfume awaits..alongside the best biscotti in Italy.

Let me also not forget to add the staff were able to get me a table in my favourite restaurant Gold, with a minutes notice..

I love the peace and tranquility of this hotel and will be back.
I understand one is opening in London next year, I look forward to being a guest there too...

• Stayed January 2011
Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 July 2011

If you're going to stay at a luxury property like Bulgari in Milan it'd best be extraordinary. If you're going to pay $1,200 a night for a standard room, it'd best be perfect. My experience and my room at Bulgari was neither extraordinary or perfect. For one, the AC in the room rattled like an old Fiat 500. The climate control was far from working correctly and the room got stiflingly hot at night. I would have opened the tall windows in the room but our room was over the main entry to the hotel and deliveries, trash trucks and everything else came through the sole entrance to the property so the noise was too loud in the middle of the night to keep those windows open.

Then there's the little things that you wouldn't expect would be a problem from a Hyatt or Hilton or Starwood hotel, let alone something along the lines of Bulgari. After using the in-room espresso machine the pods were never refilled by housekeeping. Body wash in the bathroom was also not replaced.

Staff were very friendly and concierge went out of their way to make arrangements, so service-wise, it was on par with a high quality resort, but overall, not worth the money. It sounds like a joke but I've stayed at better properties at half the price.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the porte cochere.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank crhanna
Reviewed 2 July 2011

This hotel is truly outstanding. What impressed me most was the private gardens. If you do a search on Google maps/satellite you will see that the garden is absolutely huge - for central Milan this is something incredible.

The aperitifs in the garden early evening were probably my favourite experience from my entire trip to Milan. Amazing hotel.

Only downside is that because it is so private, it was quite random walking up to this hotel given it was really only for car access. But this is such a minor point. It was really one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at in the world. Magical.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank icyoubaby
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I have been staying regularly at Bulgari over the past few years, and what impresses you most is the absolutely impecable consistency of the service and the athmosphere of this little paradise in the heart of Milan's city centre.
This hotel is beautiful, scrubbed clean, well appointed rooms, excellent service, impressive public areas, and a unique internal garden, with one of the most trendy and luxurious bars in town. The rooms have everything exactly where it need to be and a perfect design. Excellent lighting, spaces and amazing changing rooms in each room. Bathrooms are truly impressive, air conditioning is very silent. The fantastic SPA and the modern Italian food restaurant make the Bulgari Hotel a perfect venue for both relaxing escapes and business trips. A true gem.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank amdb1
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I stay in the hotel every June during fashion week and I truly could not find a more wonderful hotel. The staff are incredible helpful and I thoroughly enjoy my stay every year. I LOVE this hotel. Looking forward to my stay next year already!

Room Tip: Junior Suite is fantastic
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We travel to Milan every year.Since we discovered this hotel we have never changed it!The location ,the room, the garden and ofcourse-especially- the staff are all superb!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple