“A Real Gem”

Ranked #17 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Cheshire
“A Real Gem”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed for three nights for our anniversary last year and it was a lovely experience. Started off with a pick up from the airport which was quick and friendly and a luxurious start to our break.

The hotel is in a great spot, it's very special in that it is set in gardens, it feels like you are arriving at very upmarket apartments. The hotel is very minimal and quite dark, this may not appeal to everyone but as we were on a break without our children it was spot on for us, it felt like a proper grown up hotel!

The minute you walk in the door you are greeted by the scent of beautiful bulgari candles burning in the lobby. The greeting was very welcoming and we were checked in within minutes and in our suite.

The room was wonderful, not a huge room but need to bear in mind it's a city centre hotel in an old building but very cleverly designed to make the most of the space. The bathroom was amazing with a huge bath tub which when we came back one night was full with bubbles, candles and rose petals. A lovely touch as it was our anniversary but I still can't work out how they managed to get it done in time!

There was some lovely little pastries and fruit to greet us, we spent our first afternoon just relaxing in the suite and enjoying it.

We had breakfast and it was lovely, very tasty. We also went to their famous Sunday brunch and all I can say is if you stay here do not miss this!!!!!!!! It was amazing, you can tell it's good as lots of well to do locals where there. The food was mouth watering and there was so much choice, we would have spent the whole afternoon there if we hadn't been going to La Scala! It's such a relaxing way to spend an afternoon.

We also had dinner there one night and that was okay, not great and the tables were a bit too far together for my liking, made it difficult to have a private conversation!

The staff were all lovely in particular the concierge (Bruno I think), he was so helpful and made sure we knew where we going and gave lots of recommendations, he was very warm and approachable which you don't often get in high end of hotels.

The bar is also very nice for a pre & post dinner drink. The hotel is very central to everything, wonderful shops, La Scala and really no need to get a taxi anywhere else.

I can't really think of any negatives and we are already planning a return trip so I think that says it all.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My partner and I have stayed here on several occasions, and always have the most wonderful time, so decided to celebrate his 70th birthday here. The staff made his day truly memorable, from the free spa treatments that Alexandra and her team gave us, to the wonderful evening meal, with cake and champagne, (thank you Fabio). There are so many extra touches, from the treats and drinks left in our room each evening, to the lengths that the concierge went to, to ensure we had a great holiday. We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, come and stay, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Milano
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I already knew this place for coming on Sundays for brunch or having a drink at the bar in the evening, but I had the chance to sleep here only recently and I was not disappointed.
We had booked a deluxe room which suited perfectly our needs.
Our room was on the back, overlooking a garden and it was very quite.
The room was quite big, with entrance, minibar and huge wardrobe.The bed was very big as well and it was definitely been the best one i have ever tried. From the bed you could overlook the marble bathtube in the next room, good for two. Next to the bathtube, there was a big marble shower and two basins. Lots of amenities were available including a candle for a romantic bath.
Next to the the shower, finally, there was a spacious separate room with the toilet.
We had the chance to try the room service for lunch and we were very satisfied.
We also accessed the spa, that included a small swimming pool, the whirlpool and an outdoor sauna that we didn't try..
At night we had dinner in the restaurant and again everything was perfect.
For the following morning we had requested breakfast in the room at 7.30 a.m. and I was amazed when exactly at 7.30 they rang the bell! The staff was eccellent at every time.
Summarizing, our experience was simply perfect, I hope we will be staying again at this place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Outstanding all around especially the staff. Alex at the spa was very attentive. Restaurant and bar offers inventive cuisine. Petty is was raining all five days we stayed there. By far the best 5-star property in Milan. Our 8-month old got a lot of attention and got to swim at the pool.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2013

To be fair, I only stayed one night, so my experience was somewhat limited but when you pay 600 Euros (excluding breakfast) one has high expectations. On the plus side, the hotel is well located a short walk from the shopping centre and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel decor is however very dark and whilst my room was comfortable, it wasn't particularly spacious. With a name like Bulgari one expects a wow factor but other than the name and fancy price, I never found it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PhileasPhoggy
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 30 January 2013

This hotel (and milan itself actually) was a concession to my wife on our honeymoon through Italy. I get to site see in Rome if we go shopping in Milan. Naive on my part but never mind. Milan was beautiful, and the night life, shops and restaurants were absolutely amazing. Everything was so easy to find (and they even give you a map of the city with all the major shops on it (ask at reception.)

As to the hotel then. Fantastic, no over words for it. The service was quick and helpful (everyone spoke very good english which always helps) and really tried to please everyone no matter how busy it was. The rooms are beautiful, amazing bathrooms, service, beds (you can even request what tog you want for your mattress, beds sheets etc. incredible. And as to the restaurant, the food was superb, breakfast, lunch, dinner. You almost din't want to eat outside. Would recommend booking before hand though.

The hotel also had all the spa and pampering requirements my wife could ask for to spoil herself. More of a couples hotel, though i suppose that milan itself is more of a couples (or women's) vacation city anyway.

Be prepared to pay, though defiantly worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john m
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I am a big fan of the Four Seasons hotels as it has the best service whenever you enter their premises. On ny trip to Milan, i wdnted to try a different hotel, so booked on Bvlgari for a change.

Have to say that my welcoming experience was completely different when I arrived at Bvlgari, it felt very pretentious... The hotel is beautiful but the Concierge and the staff were not friendly. They didn't greet you with a welcoming smile like how we're usually treated, they were not helpful at all.. We were given the worst room despite paying a really expensive room rate. We looked at the rooms layout and realized that we were given the smallest room with the weirdest layout on the floor. When we called to change our room, I had to call twice to the concierge to ask what's the status update when she said she was going to call me within 15 minutes. Which she didn't call back or informed me within 2 hours. Then I had to call 4 times just to ask for a service.

The only thing i remember was the restaurant serves amazing food... Overall, for the price I paid, I would rather stay somewhere else. I had expected much higher from Bvlgari.

• Stayed October 2012