“Breakfast at Bulgari”

Bulgari Hotel Milano
Ranked #18 of 427 Hotels in Milan
“Breakfast at Bulgari”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Last sunday morning I decided to bring a dear friend of mine in a special place for breakfast.
Since Bulgari is one of my favourite location in Milan and I went there several times for sunday brunch and for dinner, I knew I'd play it safe.
By surprise the hotel is under renovation and it's all a bit in disarray: cranes in the garden, scaffoldings, etc..in other words the atmosphere wasn't so amazing as usual and so we were on the verge of change destination for our sunday breakfast.
In spite of the first impression, however, we received a warm welcome thanks to a very kind girl who immediately produced a change of mind and thereafter I must say that everything it's been flawless.
Bulgari offers an excellent firs-class breakfast with fruit, yogurt and cereals that are their signature: I recommend you to try these deliciousness just to appreciate the presentation, already enjoing just only with eyes.
My friend loves tea but she was in the air on the flavour choice so the restaurant manager (very competent and careful) suggested her a taste itinerary of all their different tea flavors: a sort of course about tea...amazing!
Instead for me that I'm a smoothies/centrifuged addicted, they served a delicious fresh carrots&ginger centrifuged: so good!
Anyway Bulgari breakfast isn't only for healthy eating...
If you try their Krumiri (eye-pleasing presentation as well) and all the pastry variety, the quality is simply excellent and you won't have had enough: the paradise of gourmand!
It shouldn't be understimated the high-quality service : the waiter, a smiling black boy, always attentive and careful, and whenever he served coffee, he changed the cup too.
We were pampered to the full and we enjoyed every single detail: my friend who came to visit me from France was super happy and I was as much gratifying to have made a good impression.
As keepsake they gave to my friend a small pack with her favourite flavor tea bags.
Of course breakfast at Bulgari is better than breakfast at Tiffany's, highly recommended at all!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank SilviaGorlini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it totally met our expectations. We were upgraded to a premium room overlooking the small but lush garden. A bottle of prosecco and fresh strawberries were provided for the special occasion. We were aware that renovation work of the spa and kitchen had just started therefore some inconveniences could be experienced during our stay. We hardly heard anything over the week-end. A pity the spa and pool were not available though!
Service was overall excellent except for the Sunday morning at the breakfast where a bunch of men were trying to keep up with the customers. Luckily the ladies team had done a much better job the day before. We were happiest with Elena at the front desk and also her young collegue who greeted us upon our return at night. Location is very convenient only 10 minutes walk to Duomo and some good restaurants can be found in the neighbourhood.

Room Tip: on the upper floors if you can because of the crowded bar at night
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trinaca
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 August 2014

IMHO, still the best hotel in Milan. Rooms are small, but well appointed (aging though). Love the bathtub. Great location and extremely private area. Super quiet hotel and residential neighborhood. It makes me feel like I am living in Milan. Food at the hotel is delicious. The aperitivo in the courtyard is a must, def book in advance.

I've stayed at the property many times. I have also tried ALL the other top hotels in Milan, this remains my favorite. Having said that, I do feel that the property is starting to need some cosmetic fixes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank allenrandom
Attilio M, Direttore at Bulgari Hotel Milano, responded to this review, 15 October 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.

We do our best to make our guests feel as though this is their home away from home and I was thrilled to read that this was your feeling. The aperitivo is indeed a hot stop for all the Milanese locals and a must to experience.

In regards to the rooms as of September an our 10th anniversary, we completed some discrete but pronounced actions on the elements of interior design throughout the Hotel: all the rooms have been renovated, Sketches of Bulgari jewels have been framed and added to each room, Images of celebrities amongst which: Monica Vitti, Sophie Loren and Anita Ekbert originating from Bulgari’s archives now frame the lobby, and our spa inaugurated a new couples treatment room, a new sauna, an external jacuzzi and a selection of exclusive treatments and products.

I hope you will visit us again soon and explore these new updates!
Kind regards,
Attilio
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the suggestion of (Italian) friends for a quick trip to Milan and was pleased beyond expectations! The staff was warm and discreet and the hotel is beautifully appointed in a luxurious modern style that leaves nothing to want. My room had an extremely comfortable bed and a massive porch with 2 lounge chairs, a coffee table, and large umbrella and 2 chairs which overlooked a lovely courtyard. The restaurant was atmospheric and delicious for all meals and there is a very pretty private garden in back for drinks or just relaxing. The hotel is set-back on a private street, but just minutes walking distance from shopping, La Scala, and the main sights. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank CNKLONDON
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Used to be a very hip place, still being one of the most fashionable establishments in town but does not make me feel an excitement like the hotel did years ago.
Less Bvlgari in-room amenities than before.
Breakfast in courtyard remains lovely as far as notorious mosquitos don't bother me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robyn O
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our recent stay at the Bulgari hotel in Milan was one of the best hotel visits we have had. From start to finish the service and warm hospitality was exceptional, and of course the design of the hotel and beautiful oasis of the garden provided a great start to our holiday. The location is very good - so close to everything in a leisurely walk, but quiet as a church at night, with the ability to open windows as well for fresh air. Linens, soaps and amenities all top class, and the little edible surprises each day delightful. But in the end, its the people who really made it special - friendly and always keen to help. Great bar and food too - loved the breakfast rituals, not to mention apperitivo.

Room Tip: All seem good - its quiet there, surrounded by trees and birdsong
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cloudbury1
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for over a week and really enjoyed every single day. Beautiful garden area in the center of Milan. Great service and an amazing aperitivo. The Spa is excellent and the rooms are so nice that it's hard to go back home. I really can recommend this hotel!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business